Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Hours of light before flip to flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Hours of light before flip to flowering?

Hi everyone! I’m planning to flip my first two plants to flowering this Wednesday. Currently they’re on from 6 AM to midnight. When I flip to 12/12, I would like them to be on from 6 PM to 6 AM, meaning that on the day of the flip, they will be on for 24 hours straight before the switch occurs (6 AM to 6 AM). I’m curious if I’m inviting any problems keeping lights on 24 hours straight for this one day before the 12/12 switch? I’m probably being too cautious but I don’t want any hermie problems. Thanks!

I don’t see anything wrong with that

Comment

I've changed mine by adding three hours to each end like 3am-9pm on change to 6am-6pm on and I didn't have a problem but obviously there's never a guarantee. Now that I know more about it I might change the time it gets dark slowly like every few days move dark by an hour so 1am-1pm in a couple days go 2am-2pm and keep going like that until you get where you want it. This is just my mental logic not something I read. But I know my plants start getting droopy an hour or two before the lights go off so I know they get used to the time
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Ran a 24/7 schedule for 12 weeks, then an immediate flip to 12/12 without any tapering or easing into. Day 2 of flip already showed changes and the stretch was almost 18". Not one issue between 4 diff strains regarding hermies or other blasphemous happenings. I was cautious checking them multiple times daily, but they were all champs considering the slamshift of light cycles. Seemed to all produce nice milky trichs at 9 weeks all at once.
        4x8x8 indoor
        Viparspectra VA1200
        (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
        Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
        Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

Thanks to all of you, I appreciate the advice big time!

Comment

I usually just go straight to 12/12 when it's time to flip. The only thing I see it doing is giving your ladies one last full day of veg before flower, shouldn't hurt a thing. There are some growers who give their plants 24 hours of light all the way through veg with no issues. I personally do 18/6, although I may try 20/4 the next grow. Anyway, hope that also helps ease your mind more.

Comment

• echdk3
              echdk3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely does, thanks dphipps1020!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X