Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using a Source Turbo for extractions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Nice, thanx, those sure bring a lot used then fades off fast into toys/games/ect..
    Good idea.

• alltatup
    replied
    I bought mine on Ebay and I saved $100 cuz the seller accepted my offer. There are some "or best offer" sellers in this list:
    Get the best deals for The Source Turbo Extractcraft at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I'm watching the bank account, when the stimulus shows I know they want me to spend it so, I may as well drop it on this. I know the price is not going to come down soon because of all the new legal states (congrats to those) and the flood of new folks buying.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Would you say one is better than the other, or the same?

• Cloud
    replied
    I have the source and etoh and they both work great for making hash oil. I then turn that into whatever I want. Dabs, tincture, edibles, and vape carts. Here is a link on a great site to teach the basics. There is also a Facebook group through the manufacturer that is a great resource. https://extractcrafter.com/

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Not much I am finding for home use, lots of stuff for industry
    Heres some info
    New to dabbing? Learn all about the different types of dabs and why the popularity of dabbing is skyrocketing.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Rwise I love the Source, which I purchased in 2018. I've made a lot of tincture and some vapeable cannabis sap with it. I definitely recommend it, and here's my sap-making adventure: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-sap-from-trim

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    For recovery this seems like it will do the job, however the first part leaves a lot (IMHO) behind and grabs to much chlorophyll etc..
    So for the first step is anyone using a still or something like a still to extract the goodies? For me I think this would be clean and could get to near pure THC.
    I made butter, the problem with it is the butter, not that it does not do the job, its just that I am fat enuf now thanx! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    WE can hope!

• gbauto
    commented on 's reply
    Using a Buchner funnel for filtration is really only necessary if you want to make vapable extract.
    Winterization and vacuum filtering will remove fats and waxes from your crude so that the extract isn't harsh when you smoke it.
    If all you're trying to make are edibles, a simple coffee filter will suffice.

I tend to use two washes when making extracts.
    My chest freezer will maintain -30degC, so I freeze both alcohol and flower for a day to get everything as cold as possible.
    Colder temps allow you more time before the alcohol/flower warms up enough to begin to dissolve chlorophyll as you drain the solvent from the plant material.
    First wash on virgin flower is for 30 minutes-this is what I use for smokable products as it is the best quality.
    I refreeze the washed flower overnight(absolutely try to keep it below freezing point so chlorophyll doesn't bleed) as well as another gallon of alcohol.
    The second wash is for edibles, so stripping a bit of chlorophyll isn't as objectionable.
    I will do the same cold wash(-30degC), but I wash it for at least an hour. Some folks will wash for a few days-just remember it'll get greener the longer you wash.
    Last edited by gbauto; 01-01-2021, 01:23 AM.

• quirk
    commented on 's reply
    Make that $2000.00, hopefully.
    Last edited by quirk; 12-31-2020, 08:03 PM.

• quirk
    replied
    My method is to double bag decarbed bud in 250mm rosin press bags, place in kitchen freezer along with Everclear, combine when cold, shake vigorously over a 2-4 hr. time frame, suspend to drip dry then reduce and reclaim with the Source Turbo. I don't see why you would require all the paraphernalia PeterMatanzas mentioned, but then again I've never tried his method. I'm a big K.I.S.S fan and I don't mean the band. Happy New Year
    Last edited by quirk; 12-31-2020, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    There's a Source Turbo group on facebook that's very useful, how to use it, mistakes to avoid. Many users buy extra cold freezers to bring the cannabis well down below 0 F, and the alcohol super cold also, that's a cost to consider. You'll also have to buy a Buchner funnel, slow filter paper, fast filter paper, silicon storage pucks, and of course the nearly pure alcohol.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    IF we get that 600 bucks, I think I'll be looking really hard at these.

Leave a comment:

• quirk
    replied
    One of the best purchases, along with the Nova, that I've made to enhance my Cannabis experience. But I use tincture/oil daily. If I were a once in a blue moon user, I'd just evaporate.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X