ATU'S MAINLINE (grow 13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATU'S MAINLINE (grow 13)

JohnEmad oldjarhead100 here it is: a journal on my second mainline grow. Mainlining has taught me the importance of taking my time during vegetation, letting the plants get to the point where they're exploding with growth. I used to simply top my plants, and then they would quickly get out of control, with wild growth all over the place. I never really had a good plan for trimming and training. That problem's completely solved with this method.

Today is the start of week 6 of veg nutes; they all germinated Nov. 10-17. Growth is speeding up; they grew around 4-5 inches vertically this past week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	old dec31 copy.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	478090Click image for larger version

Name:	new dec31 copy.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	478099
    I follow Nugbuckets' method where all colas are equidistant from the mainline. What I love about this technique is how strong and thick the stems get and how huge the leaves grow. I could tell on my first mainline that the plants were incredibly strong after the stretch, which was well over double. I had to super-crop most of them.

Name:	danew dec31 copy.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	478091Click image for larger version

Name:	danew2 dec31 copy.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	478092Click image for larger version

Name:	tripg2 dec31JPG copy.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	478093

Here they are a 9 days ago, Dec.22:

Name:	wk4 new.JPG
Views:	643
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	478094Click image for larger version

Name:	wk4 old.JPG
Views:	665
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	478095

Here is after second topping, Dec. 15, so they have four colas each:

Name:	tripg dec15.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	478096Click image for larger version

Name:	dec15..jpg
Views:	671
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	478097

Finally, here is Triple G four days later, Dec. 19 (she's on the left, above), after her third and final topping:

Name:	tripg 8 cola dec19.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	478098

Now that they're older, I bend each cola every day to strengthen the immune system. This time I have three plants with 8 colas and two plants with 6: I lost two colas early on. I've been trimming off interior leaves and older, lower leaves to keep the transpiration down; they've been schwetting more as they grow. They will be ready to filp this week.

They are all 8-10" tall right now. My boxes have 36" vertical space, so I will flip them at 14" and I expect many of them to more than double in size. I want to have to super-crop them so all the best buds are right under the light.

My hero, Nugbuckets, flexin.

Name:	my hero nugster.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	478100

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Awesome grow on the go for you alltatup. Think I will do that cola bending to strengthen the branches as well. Good idea.

Comment

I'm in :-) Nice looking plants!
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Thanks for sharing your ideas and methods alltatup - looks fabulous as usual - always love how green your grows are.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I love my Future Harvest nutes, straight outta BC!!!!!

Hey there alltatup your story sounds just like mine. I'm in love with the manifold I read nebula's and nugbuckets tutorials followed nebula's more I guess. I to am in my second round of them I had a plan to try some new things and do a journal. My damn body has a different plan and I got a little sick almost lost em but somehow I saved all 9 plants well so far anyway. I'm scheduled for another surgery next week hopefully the last so maybe I can heal up and do a half assed journal I'm taking a couple pics. I just don't have any fickin energy I barely feel like talking most days. I'll tag you in it if I do it. You have some pretty work going there I'll be stopping by to watch good luck 👍
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          MeEasy hey bro, I sure hope you feel better soon!! I had a bad ankle injury right when I flipped my first manifold grow to flower last Sept. I couldn't barely do anything in the grow room, and they went wild during the stretch because I wasn't there to mess with them. So I'm gonna do the same this time: leave them alone during first 3 weeks and then mess w/ super-cropping and arranging them.

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          I went from my closet 2.5 x 6 to a tent 4x4 in the closet I could reach everything in the tent I can't a healthier me probably could or could easier anyway. It triggers my OCD lol Capitan hindsight said I should have bought 2 2x4 tents and or not cram 9 plants into the new tent right before having 2 surgeries. These were all in cups when I found out I was sick I didn't water them for like 10-12 days so they almost died but they are definitely not dead it's a damn jungle in there right now. Maybe it will turn into a good thing like yours

I did something similar MeEasy , Had shoulder surgery just before setting up a 4x4 tent and starting a 6 plant grow. Not smart on my part but got through it somehow.

I actually found the distraction good for me. Hope you do to. Get healthy soon.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-01-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

SWITCHED TO FLOWER ON JAN 5 AT 12-14" HEIGHT:

These guys have gone nuts: tallest colas are 16". I put yardstick tape all around the box, which makes it a snap to keep track of their growth.

I flushed them for 24 hours in darkness, then switched to flower nutes a day later. They have grown 2 inches since Monday. I'm a little afraid of them.

Name:	old begin fl.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	479945

This box is a little more mild-mannered--12-14" right now, but Triple G's leaves are about to take over the planet. Let the flowering begin!!!

Name:	new begin fl.JPG
Views:	621
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	479944
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            Those look beautiful 😍 especially the long finger or if you'd allow me to name her "fingers" lol

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL you got your hands full now gal. Look at those go man oh man you got another great grow going.

thank you alltatup just what I was looking for I'm defiantly going to try that method
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You are more than welcome, old buddy!!!

Day 11 flower:

Name:	old jan16.JPG
Views:	580
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	482871 What am I supposed to do for the next 9 days??????!!!!!

Name:	new jan16.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	482872 Much more placid stretchers.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I just keep bending them over....

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Such a nice looking grow.
            I have seen a stretch of over double on my current grow with a Gelato 41 which is the biggest stretch I have witnessed. Luckily I kept them short and still have almost 12 inches of room to move my lights up.
            I think it shows the health of the plant and may be strain specific as well.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            JohnEmad This is the 3rd time I've grown the Em Dogs, and they never stretched like this before. So I am convinced that vegetation is an art (I used to think of flowering as the artistic phase) that has such a powerful impact on how they react to 12/12.

Hey guys/gals I was lookin at the skeleton of the male I just pulled out and I had to share a pic of it. Look how much larger the side that I supercopped is, and I mean the entire side the branches towards the middle were not supercopped and look how much larger they are just because I did the outside branches if you ever wanted to know if supercropping actually affected the growth of your plants this pic should put those questions to bed. I've supercopped probably close to 100 plants and I've never looked at the bones and compared them and when I threw this one in the trash it landed just right that it really stood out so I had to dig it out and take a pic. I supercrop to keep my canopy in line not to create a better structure but I believe I'll be running some comparison experiments in the future

This is copy paste from another post but I wanted to make sure my main-lining friends saw it
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Wowzers. It works!!! Thanks for digging it out of the trash!!

I think today is day 19 or 20; here are the girls defoled. They are popping buds. Box on the right: I had to super-crop multiple times. Now I sit and wait. And feed, of course...

Name:	new jan23.JPG
Views:	556
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	484743Click image for larger version

Name:	old jan23.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	484744

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Its amazing to me how you successfully grow in that space, great job! They look healthy and awesome.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            alltatup do each of those grow boxes have 200w or 400w ea box? Pretty soon those naked ladies will have their hairy coats on LOL

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            400 watts each.

Interesting grow there alltatup , leggy girls
          My 33 day old lonely girl. Going for a 4 down low and 8 up high branched girl this go around.

Lot going on in 4" lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4967.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	484845Click image for larger version  Name:	progress.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.8 KB ID:	484846

Measuring up!
          "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL good 1@GreenState

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice, GS! On my next grow, I want to grow the mainline out farther, have a longer horizontal base like yours.

THE PAST MONTH: Sorry I haven't updated, but here's what happened since Jan. 24.

Feb. 11:

Name:	new feb11.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	494520Click image for larger version

Name:	old feb11.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	494521
          The box on the right was very hard to keep control of; I didn't, as a matter of fact. All three plants stretched 300%, and it became impossible to keep the colas separate from each other. Both boxes had a 56 day veg period from germination, and one box went nuts when I flipped them to flower.

Feb 28:

Name:	new feb28.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	494522Click image for larger version

Name:	old feb28.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	494523

Box on left is very frosty and took best advantage of the light.

Name:	feb28 3.JPG
Views:	495
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	494524Click image for larger version

Name:	feb28 4.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	494525

Box on left is flushing this week; many cloudy trichomes, but I'm waiting to see those heads bulge...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Well ATU it's a real treat seeing how you manage these boxes. I get how you didn't feel you managed the plants stretch abilities but i don't know how you could of done it better?? I see some excellent top colas that look to be better with the super cropping done to them. They look heavy really heavy water bottle size from here. Every good grower has post thoughts on how they could of done it better, i think they look fantastic for the grow box you got tall strains that enjoyed your care they saw some room and took off. I truly dig that bending it's the only way to go, they look beautiful tangled or not.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I'd say "water bottle" is a slight exaggeration of their size!!! It's impossible for me to get good shots of what it looks like inside the boxes. But they did indeed do their thing!!! I'm proud of them. Good girls.

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Tumble weeds are fun, it is amazing to watch the buds along the stems you bent over (avoiding lights) start getting a life of their own. To me even the stem gets bigger to support. Very Very Nice, jealous :-)

Those are some impressive looking buds!

Comment

That looks like it was quite the pain in the ass but it turned out beautiful. I'd like to know your weights it looks like the crazy ones got fatter and it's probably because you had to abuse them to keep it out of the lights. The king ot north I have going stretched pretty good but not like yours. They all look great nice n frosty great job saving the grow 👍
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              I wasn't asking to compare our plants that's not what I'm here for. I wanted to compare your two boxes to see the difference in the ones you had to supercrop and the ones you didn't.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              MeEasy I was all in admiration, that's all. This isn't a competition, I know that. Sometimes I marvel at how much room other growers have.

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Watching a learning how you guys grow in a small place gives me the validation that I do not need a smaller space with auto's or females. Both have been awesome watching!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X