Cannabis seedlings stretching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis seedlings stretching?

My cannabis seedlings( pics included) appear to be stretching. This is my first time starting from seed as ive always began with clones in the past, so maybe im over estimating the severity of the situation. Ive read that a blue spectum specifically in the seedling phase can work wonders to prevent stretching, so what i did was take the led light that i was using for general lighting and installed it between my two grow lights. The light did not mention being intended for growing and i only know its 6000k (cold color). Also the Par reading was just over 100 with my 2 "supposedly full spectum" growligjt and is now just over 200, so im thinking the increase in light intensity could help aswelp? Any feed back would on these 6000k for seedlings would be much appreciated and if theres any other tips id love to hear them. Thanks and happy holidays 🙂

Comment

They look fine to me. Maybe a little tall but not bad. Try dropping your lights closer, that should fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the response. So even though theyre now recieving 200 i should still closer? They were at right about 100 before installing the blue Led tonight.

Comment

200 nmol/m2*

Comment

Umol* sorry

Comment

I don't really pay attention to that like some others here. From my experience and what I've seen posted here, if there's stretching it's usually because the light is too high or too weak. Some of it could be due to genetics, if they're different strains. I would try lowering the light a few inches first and see if it helps. I have some blurple LEDs that I had to play with them a little to find a good height. Turns out it's supposed to be a lot closer than I thought.

Comment

Nice ok I definitely feel a liitle better since you said they look fine. One more question. The humidy range is 35-45 percent. I believe this is too low, but should they be ok? If not Any ideas how to raise it? I removed the humidy dome from them when the first ones emerged yesterday.

Comment

Humidity* i gotta start proof reading😅

Comment

What does the MFG of your light/s recommend for seedlings? What is the actual wattage of it/them?
                    I agree, right now they look good, if they get to tall re pot them deeper in the soil, and move them or the lights closer.
                    I run Mars Hydro tsw 2000s (@100%), for sprouting and seedlings I set it at 25" (25-30 recommended) and veg 18-24", these pull about 308 watts from the wall.
                    Yes your RH (much easier to spell LOL) is low and it does hurt the leaf surface.

Comment

My humidity is probably about the same. I know the range for veg is supposed to be higher than that but I don't pay attention to that. Mainly I just keep an eye on my temperatures.

Comment

The more warm colored ones are 10 w each, and the cool colored one in the middle is a surprisingly low 4.1 watts. I say surprisingly low because the the light intensity doubled upon installing it(according to my par meter). As far as the distance from plants these are both cheap lights and there was nowhere i was able to find any recommendations on that, but mostly positive reviews on Amazon so i went ahead and ordered. You said deeper into the soil?? I would like to transplant them as soon as possible, just not sure when the root structure would be at its strongest point, in order to minimize stress.

Comment

You have time for them to grow into their current soil, if you plant them deeper do not cover foliage, after the baby leaves die and fall off you can go deeper. I cover up to 6 limbs done early enuf they will grow roots, on most strains.

Comment

hello thatgrower, I have the same problem. I have a full spectrum cob led grow light, and my seedling stretch too. if I move the light closer it burn them. my biggest issue is the stretch between nodes. mine are about 2". i see photos from growers on here, and there nodes are right on top of each other. thats what i want! so what i'm reading is a simple t5 bulb about 2" above the plants, is the way too go. will try it on my next grow
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Depending how the girls look heading into veg, I'll be doing the same!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X