Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HARVEST DAY
    Sunday, 07 March 2021

CBD being my first priority and relaxed body effect second, today I harvested.

With my grow being 66 days of a 60-67 day flower per the breeder Subcool’s info and the amount of amber covering the leaves and buds further down the plants, I felt it time to harvest to get the best between the highest CBD amount and the relax body effect. According to GWE, CBD is at its highest when most trichs are milky.

Last night I tried a bud I picked the Friday before this past Friday and it was great. So with it being another 9 days later I think it will be even better. I want to be able to use this during the day so I don’t want to get to far amber and end up with the “sleepy” effect this article mentions. And since I only have the one tent to grow/flower/dry in, it had to be a single harvest. My tent is currently maintaining 70-72F and 50%rh. This is my first grow so hopefully I can add another tent for drying and experimenting with sequential harvesting in the future.

Trimming sucks, my right arm and shoulder aches to no end.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations Sir , very well done! Is growing the coolest hobby or what?

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Reminds me of bonsai, until I hacked them to bits yesterday, I did thank them for giving me their life to make my medicine though. I have my 3L square flip-lid Fido jars and Boveda 62% packets ready to go!

Thinking about my next grow, decisions, decisions.
    i know I’m going to do the Harlequin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41045E76-0F70-4985-ADC6-7B3978D8DC94.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	696.3 KB
ID:	497024Click image for larger version

Name:	B598766C-5077-437F-A9E6-ED0AA9ABEFD1.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	838.3 KB
ID:	497025

Equipment
    1st Grow
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Light off with Camera+ 2 apps Torch mode set to 50%. I turned my tent upside down so you could see all the tops.

Equipment
      1st Grow

Comment

Wow, great harvest!!! Lots of heavy, heavy buds there. Great job! Don't forget to stop and celebrate your success. You did a lot of work to get to this glorious point! Maybe you've done that already but it is important Haha..I know what you mean about trimming....it's a big job for sure. That reminds me....have you all heard of the Trailer Park Boys? They're a Canadian thing. MrPNW you can relate to Bubbles at the 1:35 mark of the video. They don't like it harvesting either....they get some help, have a watch.

Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw an interview with the TPB yrs ago. They are all great actors, and stated that “playing dumb” was the hardest roles they ever had.

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Modern slave labor, lol. So who did the lady turn out to be, some politician?

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          @ MrPNW Her name is Rita McNeil. She is a Canadian folk/country singer from out east eh. I'm Canadian and I barely knew who she was. The song that she is singing in the video is actually one of her songs.

Me after trimming.

Name:	69528BE8-BBD8-4E27-B007-0B880F65E239.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	497178

Equipment
        1st Grow

Comment

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	497222
          Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
          I like weed and science.

Comment

With my tent maintaining around 70F and 45-50%rh, how long do you think it will take before the buds are ready to go into jars?

The GWE drying guide says 2-10 days depending on conditions.
            Yesterday I moved the ceiling fan down below opposite the floor fan to keep the air circulating.
            I moved the inkbird and hygrometer sensors up high to bud level.
            I can maintain the humidity by keeping some water in the saucers to soak up into the fabric pots to evaporate, it works pretty well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9CE0561C-F8FF-481F-9D4A-83257188A592.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	497237Click image for larger version  Name:	9F185E27-DB94-47A0-961B-09FB2339A924.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	271.6 KB ID:	497238
            Last edited by MrPNW; 03-09-2021, 09:48 AM.

Equipment
            1st Grow

Comment

• grouchyoldman
              grouchyoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL! Not to annoy you further bro... but if you hurry the drying/curing you can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

You know the drill: Your temp and humidity are fine, don't let the fans blow on the harvest directly and wait till the buds snap off the branches before you jar.

We've all been here before and are smiling at how well your first grow has gone. Fast dry a couple of little buds for taste testing and chill.

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I know I sound impatient again and believe me no one has annoyed me yet. My question was more aimed at knowledge not anxiousness. 2-10 days was quite a range and I was wondering if the low end was due to drying too fast and if the tale end was truer if conditions are just right.

My wife says I ask too many questions when researching. It’s my ocd.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X