No announcement yet.

Ready to flip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, for the first time I stepped into my tent and could actually smell bud fragrance and it was so sweet smelling. I topped dressed with Girl Flower Power, a little potting soil on top that and watered yesterday, instead of my usual GFP compost tea at every watering. I don’t know if it was coincidence or the GFP that did it but I was starting to think my buds were just going to have a mild cut grass smell. So happy.

1st Grow (started 01 Oct 2020) (flip to 12/12 01 Jan 2021)
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow Tent • Spider Farmer SF4000 • AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    Black Gold organic potting soil • Nature’s Living Soil • Compost Tea
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the best feeling when the grow goes so well. You have such a knack with the camera. A great day when the flowers start their fragrances. Boy fella those colas are so great looking. I'm enjoying your Micro shots, even with cat hair LOL. Man don't even look in my tent, it's my hair you'd see.

Monday 22 Feb 2021

5x5x8 Gorilla Grow Tent • Spider Farmer SF4000 • AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Comment

What do you guys think?
        This is day 54 of a strain they say is 60-67 days. All are the same strain. I noticed one of the plants has some amber trichomes already, but the others look clear to me???
        Aren’t trichomes supposed to go from glass to milky to amber?
        These seems to be going from glass to amber. I do want the late harvest amber to get the relaxed body, anti-anxiety effect.

Has anyone tried harvesting a branch at a time, days or weeks apart, to see what effect they have at different times in the harvest window?
        Last edited by MrPNW; 02-23-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Many times done sequential harvest. May do so with 1 of my autos larfy on the lower, rock hard above. Maybe i've gone longer than 8days but i don't think so for getting the lower half closer to milky/amber. It's worth it to me on photos to do so. Meh....auto as long as the tent still on flower mode not needing it right away i'd do it.

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          The grower told me they automatically harvest this strain at 60 days. I might try a branch from each at 60, again in the middle of 7 days and hopefully the rest will be mostly all amber by 67 to wrap it up.

grouchyoldman
        Dang! On Friday I was doing some defoliating and accidentally cut off a small popcorn size bud from behind a fan leaf stem. So I sat it on my nightstand to let dry and see what this early pick would do. It was still a little moist this early evening when I made a first attempt at running it through a very tiny grinder and into my Firefly 2+ which uses a small convection oven to heat the weed. I felt a little something for a couple hours but nothing substantial.
        I just now before bed, gave it a second attempt, having left it in the vape, and man what a difference! I’m so stoned. My guess is the oven dried it out more and the second attempt did a real vaporizing of the cannabinoids.

So the info says 60-67 day flower yet 60 days isn’t until 01 March! So what is going on? Did Subcool (the breeder) mean to have this strain more on the relaxed body, anti-anxiety, couchlock end of the harvest therefore giving those days? Mine are already showing a number of amber trichomes.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a beautiful grow MrPNW and you can count on a great harvest regardless of when you pull the trigger.

Waiting is hard, but as SoOrbudgal said, a sequential harvest can ease the pain. Nip a small sample bud every couple days, large enough to have a taste and leave another bit to dry & cure properly. It is really educational to taste the progression down the road when you have your final product to compare with the test buds. I did that last harvest and I will do so even more methodically in the future. It is great fun to have a lineup of buds ranging from Crystal to Golden Trichs in addition to the Big Jars.

So, if those beauties were mine (and I wanted the "Amber Effect") I'd give them another week or two to further ripen. Based on your excellent pics the most amber is mostly appearing on your sugar leaves first which is the normal progression. My last late harvest stayed cloudy until everything went yellow then amber almost overnight.

So, as long as the plants stay healthy let er ride!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking your correct with what the breeder says. That's OK showing amber early i've done early ripe at some 55 day in flower photos not many times but a few. When you see 25% amber all over the top colas it's go time don't wait any longer. Even less than that, they can amber quickly.

So much winning in this thread, I wish my crop was coming out half as nice. Congrats on all the hard work man, and really good job on the pictures too.

Comment

Just finished defoliating all the large fan and any dead leafs on the 3rd plant. Man when I’m up close with my magnifier glasses and bonsai pruning scissors I always feel like I’ve removed everything. Then I stand back looking at all 3, especially in the photos and it feels like I haven’t done a thing. So many leaves on weed, they just keep coming.

Comment

My headband magnifier glasses, bonsai scissors and cake turntable with ball bearing sure make easy work of defoliating. I use these glasses for numerous tasks. Working with those minuscule screws when repairing glasses is another. I’ve got the non-led version, but those would make a nice upgrade. My wife gave me her old turntable. This thing is an easy 18” across and works perfectly with 7 gallon pots. It’s up on a food and has heavy duty ball bearings. Apparently these are used fro cake decorating. Mine looks similar to the photo.
            Last edited by MrPNW; Today, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I just took another 2 vapes off that little bud that dried in my firefly and man I am so stoned again! That’s 5 hits total from this little bud and it just keeps giving. I’m so excited how awesome and smooth this weed is and its not even cured yet.

I’m so ready to harvest!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X