Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie setup input wanted/needed

Hi all and thanks in advance!

Would appreciate some input on my setup.

Tent from Marshydro 1x1x1.80 600d fabric in and out
    25 gallon smartpots for the ladies (not from seedlings)

inline fan with carbon filter 100mm 198m2/h

Rimarup "1200w" dualswitch led actual watt usage apx 150w

coco/perlite 70/30 medium

Adv Nutrients ph Perfect Grow Micro Bloom and Sensi Cal-Mag extra. And ofc PH levelling.

The vision is to have a ScrOG with 1 or 2 ladies
    will it be enough umol (see pics for claimed numbers) is there anything essential i missed? Timer is inc alongside with fans.
    Last edited by Angelo74; 12-20-2020, 05:09 PM. Reason: *edit Double posted a pic.

Move your light up!! Way too close to the little ones. At their size, and that light, move it up to around 24”.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Looking good how much are you planning on topping them, I’ve been running a scrog for years. It all depends on how much time You spend training them before you flip. I have a 4x8 tent and ran 2 plants it didn’t quite fill up the screen but there was like 27 kola on one and 23 on the other. I top like like 3-4 times end up with a ton of top growth. I veg them until they touch the screen and I flip to 12/12 (I grow photo). They stretch in this time and I keep bending the branches under and stretch them out and then I keep doing it not only will bud sites on the branch turn to kolas but a lot of the bottom will grow up to the screen. After 3 weeks of when they stop stretching I got clean up anything that didn’t make it through the screen.

Comment

• Wolfe0420
        Wolfe0420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not my best pic but just a rough idea at least

I do like the fast response and the tip! Thanks YYCannabis

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe0420 View Post
        Looking good how much are you planning on topping them, I’ve been running a scrog for years. It all depends on how much time You spend training them before you flip. I have a 4x8 tent and ran 2 plants it didn’t quite fill up the screen but there was like 27 kola on one and 23 on the other. I top like like 3-4 times end up with a ton of top growth. I veg them until they touch the screen and I flip to 12/12 (I grow photo). They stretch in this time and I keep bending the branches under and stretch them out and then I keep doing it not only will bud sites on the branch turn to kolas but a lot of the bottom will grow up to the screen. After 3 weeks of when they stop stretching I got clean up anything that didn’t make it through the screen.
        The plan is manifold 3-4 times then get the flip once the plant(s) cover about 2/3 (hybrid strain with shy stretch)

i must say that the pic is sheer joy to see thank you Wolfe0420

Comment

• Wolfe0420
          Wolfe0420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!!. So yes it will take some playing around to figure out what works for ur size of tent depending on strain ect but that’s half the fun. On a general basis yes I top and get 2 do it again it’s 4 again and it’s 8 one more is 16 chutes. You can keep going or you could even stop at 4 it’s all up to you. It can be very time consuming doing this so I start sprouting my seedlings as soon as I flip these to bud you can’t really over veg a plant at least I never have.
          Last edited by Wolfe0420; 12-20-2020, 06:02 PM.

Originally posted by Angelo74 View Post

The plan is manifold 3-4 times then get the flip once the plant(s) cover about 2/3 (hybrid strain with shy stretch)

i must say that the pic is sheer joy to see thank you Wolfe0420
        Absolutely right, it will take a bit of fiddling tbh.

I do appreciate the input. What do you think about 25gallon/plant and will the light be efficient and cover enough? Wolfe0420 and or others!

btw anyone with experience on the Rimarup 1200w?

Comment

• Wolfe0420
          Wolfe0420 commented
          Editing a comment
          25G/plant for pot size?, that’s a fantastic size if you have the room for it. I unfortunately am an old school grower I use 1000watt digital HPS and I adjust the height if needed. I know there are some people here I see with some phat buds from LED lights. With the HPS u need contend with heat and the hydro is a lot more but it puts out big dense buds all the time.

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          I normally grow in RDWC, but I do use a 4x4 pheno tent running 3 gal coco fabric bags.
          Because coco needs to be treated like hydro, using huge pots can be counter-productive.
          I've used my 7 gal fabric bags with coco when I started the pheno hunt, and they will grow trees.
          That fixture you listed is using older 'blurple' led tech, which isn't very efficient compared to current-tech diodes.
          Newer fixtures using something like a Samsung lm301b(or h) diodes generate almost double the amount of light for each watt of electricity.
          Your tent is approx. 10 sq ft of area, using top-tier diodes will need 30 watts/ sq ft of canopy or get adequate light levels.
          Older tech 'blurples' need closer to 50 watts/sq ft to achieve the same intensity.
          So. either order another pair of those fixtures to add the first OR buy a decent fixture to begin with(300 watts of lm301b's will crush that space.
          Last edited by gbauto; 12-22-2020, 12:41 AM.

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know your location, but I've sourced fixtures using Alibaba from Kingbrite and Meiju that have been flawless.
          You might investigate some of those fixtures before I bought another Amazon special.

Looks good to me. Only a couple things I would change. One, get a different light. That light will be fine for veg but when it comes to flowering, you may not get fat, dense buds like we all love so much. Also, 24" (as mentioned above) seems a little far from the canopy. I have a 1200W blurple light like that and mine is maybe 12" from the canopy. My advice is send that one back (if you can) and spend a little extra on good quality lights. I made the mistake of buying what looked good, without doing a lot of research, and have since upgraded multiple times. Basically I ended up spending more than I should have on my setup because of it and now have a few paper weights that weren't exactly cheap. I have mostly 315 CMH lights now and they work great, even though they run hot. Been looking at options for LEDs and just ordered a Mars Hydro TS3000 for one of my 4x4s, and a Spider Farmer SF2000 for my 2x4 tent. They're expensive but I've seen some good results posted on here using those lights. If you're looking to stay cheaper, Vipar Spectra has some decent blurple lights for a 3x3 tent that aren't too pricey (under $200 I think). Mars Hydro has a light (TSW2000) that would be perfect for your tent and only runs at 300W for $260.

The only other thing I would change is the pot size, 25 gallons is way too big for an indoor grow. I would use 3-5 gallon pots. Most people like to use 5 gallon pots, which is also my preference. 3 gallon pots I've seen used mostly for autoflowers. Anything bigger is really just a waste of money honestly. Hope that helps. Welcome and happy growing!

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
          Looks good to me. Only a couple things I would change. One, get a different light. That light will be fine for veg but when it comes to flowering, you may not get fat, dense buds like we all love so much. Also, 24" (as mentioned above) seems a little far from the canopy. I have a 1200W blurple light like that and mine is maybe 12" from the canopy. My advice is send that one back (if you can) and spend a little extra on good quality lights. I made the mistake of buying what looked good, without doing a lot of research, and have since upgraded multiple times. Basically I ended up spending more than I should have on my setup because of it and now have a few paper weights that weren't exactly cheap. I have mostly 315 CMH lights now and they work great, even though they run hot. Been looking at options for LEDs and just ordered a Mars Hydro TS3000 for one of my 4x4s, and a Spider Farmer SF2000 for my 2x4 tent. They're expensive but I've seen some good results posted on here using those lights. If you're looking to stay cheaper, Vipar Spectra has some decent blurple lights for a 3x3 tent that aren't too pricey (under $200 I think). Mars Hydro has a light (TSW2000) that would be perfect for your tent and only runs at 300W for $260.

The only other thing I would change is the pot size, 25 gallons is way too big for an indoor grow. I would use 3-5 gallon pots. Most people like to use 5 gallon pots, which is also my preference. 3 gallon pots I've seen used mostly for autoflowers. Anything bigger is really just a waste of money honestly. Hope that helps. Welcome and happy growing!
          Thanks for your input! I will test this out because i can't send it back... but for the next run i will adapt if needed!
          this is just for my personal use,

Mother nature has given us the remedy for many of our problems but its still frowned upon in too many areas around the globe...
          They rather have us filled with stuff that might kill us made in laboratories...

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. Like I said, that light will work, you just probably won't get high yields. Just try to keep your plant stretched out flat as possible and fairly short and you should be fine. My experience with these LEDs is they're all different. Start about 18" and if your seedling looks like it's stretching too tall too fast, lower the light a few inches and keep going from there if needed.

Good luck to ya
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
            Good luck to ya
            Thanks and hope your buds be forever fat and tasty!
            SoOrbudgal

Comment

gbauto thanks for really informative info!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X