No announcement yet.

Lighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how far do I keep it away from my plants? I'm using a 600 watt mh/hps I've seen someone say put it 12 inches away and some say up to 20 inches away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle1116 View Post
      Nartak because I am afraid that my 600 watt will burn or kill the autos in the tent I have now...after the autos are done I plan on buying the bigger 4x4 tent. and I do believe the seeds are from fast buds....my buddy from Colorado received them from a good friend with amazing genetics and he ended up giving me a couple to work with
      How big is your tent? I have a small 2 foot by 4 foot tent with 600 watts 24/7 and no heat issues tent canopy temp. now 76 above light 100% power.

Comment

I personally keep my 600W HPS about 16" away from the tops of plants. If you have glass on your hood or old bulbs, sometimes it can be closer. If you have no glass or new bulbs you sometimes need to keep them further away. Even if you keep the temperature down, you don't want to keep lights too close or the tops of your plants may turn yellow prematurely (light burn). But if you keep your 600W the right distance away, your plants will grow surprisingly fast!

Comment

agreed. i learned the ^ glass vs. no glass up/down lesson the hard way. luckily light burn wasn't too bad and i caught it quickly...

like the three bears these plants are...
          "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

I have found the hand test the best for me, put your hand at the top of the plant canopy for a few minutes and see if you can take the heat or if you should move the lighting up higher... Its pretty easy to figure it out from one setup to the next, either your plants will love it at that height or they won't and you'll see issues and need to make an adjustment... Time and experience are always life's greatest learning experiences and teaching tools for us all.
            The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Hi everyone...I was wondering what kind of carbon filter and size I should be using for a 48x48x80 tent with 3 girls in there with a 600 watt hps and a mars hydro led

Comment

Here is the best place I found my information when looking for this myself... I want to say somewhere on their site they said if you are keeping the air circulating inside the room the whole time, you can match the cfm's with the room size, but if you were to bring in fresh air and be exhausting the air from the room they wanted you to go 3x (times) larger than the cfm of the room, always round the number up and not down. Though now I see they have some simple calculator to plug your information into...

Wait I see that information I was refering to they put it as:
                "Use the Filter Calculator above to find your recommended CFM, then find your correct filter size on the chart below. Pay attention to the two different columns, one for scrubbing air in a circle and the other for filtering air through a filter in a single pass."

http://www.phatfilter.com/what-size-...lter-do-i-need

Oh and while on the subject of carbon filters, you might want to also look at the differences in the types of fans as well... When I wanted to know the differences nobody could answer them for me, I had to find the information scattered all over the web, I will see if I can save you the time and find you a good place to also tell you. Here is the name of one article I found " Why Max Fans (mixed-flow fans) can outperform centrifugal fans"

When it came to looking for the best most powerful fan I checked YouTube and no matter where I looked for the quietest fan and the most powerful fan the one and only name that WON every single time was the Hyper Fan inline fan. I do not know if you need a fan, but if you do that is what my own personal research helped me to find was the best thing for the money it was going to cost. Do your own research, but not a single fan on YouTube ever won the fight against it was surprised me.

Last edited by PigSquishy; 03-16-2017, 06:04 PM.
                The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X