Lighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting.

i just bought a hydro farms 150 watt sunburst hps and I was wondering if I could put it inside my tent along with a mars hydro 300 and not have any kinds of problems

Hey Kyle. I kinda just did the same thing. Hard to get the answer I'm finding without testing lumens yourself . Cant hurt . 300 LED good for a couple plants perhaps but you may need a boost in light to flower.
    I'm learning too so keep on reading and posting and you will be fine !
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

You can run HPS along side LED in flower, but I wouldn't recommend it in veg. Also remember when you increase the light to the plants they will also use more CO2 and nutrients
      The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

can use both - Heat Issues could be a problem - size of grow space?

Comment

Lumen's is a measurement of white light and not useful with grow LED's.

Also, I have read but not confirmed that mixing those two light types is detrimental to the LED<--You could try and confirm this.

You need to look at the btu's of each light and the tent space you have, as well as, the tent location. ie I routinely run a Marshydro300 and a Marshydro reflector 48, together, that generates about 800 btu's in a tent 20"x36"x62". The tent is in controlled room temperature @68-72f. It runs upto 82f and down to 66f depending on the tent's contents.

What's really important here, is that everything is in balance to maximize growth/bloom.
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

My current tent size is a 32x32x63 I will be having a controlled temperature with a window unit and central air I will be keeping the room within temperature without an issue

Comment

Just bought a 600 watt hps/mh how far should I hang it from my canopy...?

Comment

about 16 inches/40cm
                Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                600W HPS
                Coco
                GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                  600W HPS
                  Coco
                  GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                  Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Wait you bough both MH and HPS? What light fixture you got for them? I have the same set!!Using an aircooled hood to keep temps low,MH and HPS will get hotter than led!

Also to clear up that HPS+LED combo,it is coming around that it can bring sunlight-like budgrowth to indoor grows,so don't jump at anything without reading first,Nebula has quoted this somewhere on GWE :
                    A combination of HPS and LEDs seems to provide some of the best benefits of both - big yields plus high quality and potency. This may be because a combination of HPS plus LEDs more closely mimics the autumn sunlight that cannabis plants are exposed to in the wild.
                    No unless someone has more grows than Nebula under their belt,please consider not roaring out stuff that can hurt someones future grows!This guy just spent 100$ on HPS/MH fixture and he would have done great for 2 plants even 3 autos in there with his previous setup!!

Either way,you are now closer to bigger yields,better growth and bigger plants as the 600w HPS/MH is the most known to be used for efficiency!

I have since seeds run the MH at 16" (40-41cm to be exact) and the HPS at the flip again at 16" without a single issue besides heat sometimes..Then again if you have a good fixture or as you said will provide A/C to them you will do great!!

Combining a co2 unit with a A/C unit would be hard however,one works with high temps and the other lowers temps....Co2 works at 27+ celcius ,optimum 28-30C (even recorded at 32C in a totally sealed environment) and at a steady 1300+ ppm! You will achieve 28 easily with the mh if you don't have more that 300cfm exhaust!

It seems you aren't on a budget so slow down and get a setup dialed in,ask here,tell us what exactly you want to grow,what will u use for growing? the 32" tent? if so the 600w bulbs will kill anything in there pretty soon...It will be like a microwave lol!! A good footprint for 600w is 3x3 or 4x4 at the faar faaar end of it sits my tent at 4.5x4.5 !! Unless you have damn heavy exhaust which will automatically cancel your co2,an aircooled hood and an oscilating fan for circulation you will only have :

1.60m (63")
                    -6" reflector
                    -16" light distance
                    -10" pot height

That leaves you with 15" of veg growth and 15" of flower unless you train and position the plants in a way they are lower (Ofc people here can help you do this easily if you pay attention)

That shoud be a great project with even 4 squeezed and firmly trimmed autos in there mate!! For high yielding autos could get you quite a bunch of buds in there
                    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                    600W

LED
                    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                    BioBizzLight Mix
                    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

I will be running these 3 autos in my current set up....I have the 150 watt hps a mars 300 led 2 42 watt 6500k and 2 2700k but I plan on buying a 4x4x7 foot tent and I'm going to be using a 6 inch air cooled cool tube with a 6 inch inline to exhaust fan through the carbon filter through the cool tube and out of the tent. I will be using a 4 inch inline to bring air into the tent and all of this will be for my next grow with actual photoperiod plants. I am only dealing with autos because i ran out of seeds and a buddy gave me 3 auto flower gorilla glue seeds so I ordered some seeds from nirvana (northern lights fem) and will be growing those with the 600 watt in the 4x4x7 tent.

Comment

• PuravidaC
                        PuravidaC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You might want to reconsider size of intake. It should be, at minimum, the same size as exhaust, maybe a bit larger if possible.

• PigSquishy
                        PigSquishy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would disagree with you on that @PurvaidaC... the intake should always be smaller than the exhaust, and all of the books teaching you to grow inside also say the same thing. Because you want the exhaust to pull air from any air leaks you have thus putting your area under negative air pressure, so you hear the suction of air entering into the room or growing area if you get a leak. If on the other hand someone were to have an equal sized intake or bigger intake than exhaust you would put those air leaks in your growing area under pressure, so the smell inside of the growing area would be being pushed out without it being filtered by the carbon filter, and if that's the case, why even have a carbon filter? Because you don't want the smell getting outside the area, you want air being pulled in any air leaks, to ensure no smell ever gets out... EVER. It is also much easier to seal a room that is under negative air pressure than it is to try to seal an environment under positive air pressure.

How far away should I be keeping the lights away in my current set up? Any suggestions? Should I hang the hps and led side by side at 18 inches during veg and 12 inches at flower?

Comment

• OzBud
                        OzBud commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The problem I see with that is that the 150W HPS should be 7" away, 11" at the most. The LED most likely needs to be further away than the HPS so I don't know how it would go if they're both the same height.

• PigSquishy
                        PigSquishy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm going to say it honestly depends on the LED light and how powerful it is, I've seen plants grow right up to the LED lights in some cases, others I've seen bleached white by 18-inches away from light burn, because at the end of the day not all LED's stack up. In fact you can't even go by the watts/amps they draw you need to go by the PAR and the size foot print it makes. As far as how far to keep HPS away I have always been a firm believer in using your hand... if it's to hot for your hand at that height it's too close for the plant. But really at the end of the day it really seems to depend on the person and their setup, you are really the one who has to figure it out and dial it in to make it work the best for you.
                        Last edited by PigSquishy; 01-31-2017, 04:00 AM.

Why not use the MH/HPS on the Autos since you have the "balls" of a setup to deal with it in your current tent? Mate is that GG from fastbuds btw?
                      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                      600W

LED
                      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                      BioBizzLight Mix
                      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

I do agree with your quote about it increasing bud yield and potency, because I do know a person who has been trying that setup that way; they did theirs was to overlap an LED with an HPS to ensure everything was getting equal lighting, as they wanted a side by side test grow to see if in the same room can you really tell a difference between LED & HPS in yields, growth, potency, etc... They found what you quoted to be true about the over lapping of HPS and LED to have both increased yield and potency, I can only personally speak to the potency aspect of it. He has since put up the HPS and the LED together and did another test and again the results were as you quoted.
                        The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
                        http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just copied Nebulas writing on GWE forum!!If i read something i memorize a coupe words in a row,so HPS + LED wa a trigger for that writing Thanks for crossing it matie!

Nartak because I am afraid that my 600 watt will burn or kill the autos in the tent I have now...after the autos are done I plan on buying the bigger 4x4 tent. and I do believe the seeds are from fast buds....my buddy from Colorado received them from a good friend with amazing genetics and he ended up giving me a couple to work with

Comment

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey man thats the process!!Threw frustration come questions and that can only lead to answers Blessed be !

• PigSquishy
                          PigSquishy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Truly the day one stops learning something new, a man has ceased to exist with a purpose. Blessed Be

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I had to...
                          The Egg

By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X