New Grow DWC - Top 30% (Grow #12) Dec 12th, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grow DWC - Top 30% (Grow #12) Dec 12th, 2020

Dropped 11 top 30% seeds from WW Seed bank Dec 12th.
    All 11 germinated in 48 hrs in a cup of water and went straight to the routers on Dec 14th.
    Looking at them today i see a couple are up out of the router (pics attached).

Not sure if I will scrog these as I am thinking to try the BU2B's PPP method. have time to think
    Attached Files
    3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
    New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
    Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
    5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

I am getting ready for my second germination. I will be growing in soil and will use jiffy pellets. My first grow was DWC and I used rock wool with a low germination rate.

There are so many ways to germinate that I am not sure what is the best.

Based on your success, I am now wondering if I should germinate in water before putting the seeds in the jiffy pellets. I was planning on just adding them to the pellets. I had read there was a risk of damaging the tap root in moving them from water to the pellets. Obviously this risk didn’t affect your results. I would appreciate your recommendation, thanks.

Comment

Oh good a huge crop, i'm along for the ride on this one. Great growing
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

RetiredGuy i have generally soaked and then moved to paper towel in the past before putting into routers. The past few crops i have been able to germinate in the cup fairly successfully but found this time a very warm space with the lights out was what proved very effective. (my boiler room) temps likely 75-80 C.

Comment

Well 10 of the seeds pushed their way up and we're all about 1-1.5" out of the router so they are now moved into buckets in their new home for the next 6-8 weeks waiting for their turn to move to the flower tent.
          Attached Files

Comment

Christmas Day update. All 10 top 30% seedlings are coming along nicely as per attached images.
            Attached Files

Comment

December 28th update on the little ladies..
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Very healthy look great keep doin what yer doin

• Drekthar
                Drekthar commented
                Editing a comment
                rotated the 2 outside buckets on each end in 1 spot and the displaced buckets out 1 spot. Seems the 2 end buckets on each end look a bit slower growth so see if the switch makes any difference over next few days.

Dec 29th update (pic attached)
              Attached Files

Comment

Jan 3rd, 2021 update on top 30 + 4 northern lights in early flower
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very healthy looking grow

Jan 7th Update on the Top 30% seeds from White Widow Seed Bank
                Attached Files

Comment

Jan 11th topped 9 of 10 plants last night. Switched them into the new 3.5 gallon "black" buckets i just acquired. starting to look good and the work just getting started. 4 of these belong to a buddy so he is quadlining his but I will be following the bu2b's method with the others with 4 in scrog and 2 no scrog. The 2 not in scrog will be under a viparspectar 600 as my Optic can only look after the 4 in scrog.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jan 16th Update. all plants topped. 4 quadlined and 6 regular mainlined. Also with my new HLG 300L V2 B Spec light accompanied by one cobshop 55w Autocob.

Comment

A quickie update since its been 3 weeks.
                      The ladies have come a long ways.

All toppings done following BU2B’s PPP Method.

a bit of bending, tying, and defoliation.

Now to just let them grow out a bit before switching to flower.

They are now under the Optic Slim 600h

Last night i gave them a lite feeding of Overgrow foliar spray.

4 of the 10 original plants belong to my buddy so he will be taking them home once he finishes his current harvest of 4 Northern Lights.
                      Last edited by Drekthar; 02-06-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Week 7. One more week and will do the switch.

My buddy picked up his 4 plants from the Veg room yesterday.

Water change tonight, then switch to 12/12 in 7-10 days.

4 will go under my bucket scrog, 2 will stay out.

Time for some cleaning and sanitizing of veg room, and other equipment to get ready for next batch.

Comment

• gbauto
                          gbauto commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looking good.
                          Hope you have plenty of space, those girls are going to get 'BIG.
                          Just as a reference, the first net is at 12" above the lid. The plants were flipped to flower when they reached that first net.
                          They are now over 3' above the lid with a forest of colas forming.
                          It can get overwhelming quite quickly...just sayin'
                          Last edited by gbauto; 02-10-2021, 04:07 PM.

• Drekthar
                          Drekthar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you as noted I am trying your method for the most part but i did notice i had topped my 1st horizontals on my 1st node, 1 node short. so 4 less bud sites but should be able to compensate. My screens are 21x21 with 49 holes. What are the dimensions of your net i.e. 30" x 30" or such. Mine don't normally get that tall but i have big tent. I might need to bring in another light though. Have you grown this strain before? WW Seed bank Top 30..

Feb 13 Update.
                        Ladies are looking happy this morning. A bit warmer in the tent than we like so will need to turn down the heater a tad.
                        Getting ready to start the transition as these are getting close to 8 weeks now.
                        I did add the Optic Master Controller for this grow. Will see how the more gradual sunset and sunrise affect the ladies....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Really good looking grow Drekthar. Get ready for blast off

• RetiredGuy
                          RetiredGuy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is a nice set-up and your girls look great. I now realize that I should have done more research before buying my grow cabinet. A 2x4 closet came with a 35 gal reservoir with the cover having room for 12 plants. In reality, I could save a lot of work, water, and nutes growing in two 5 gal buckets in the same cabinet.

I am curious if you have a spare bucket to use for reservoir changes. I’m thinking you could lift the plant from the bucket with old nutes to the bucket of new nutes. Not sure if this is feasible?

• Drekthar
                          Drekthar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          RetiredGuy i have 2 full sets of buckets and I fill them all, mix nutes and just move the air stone and bucket lid over to the newly filled buckets and swap them out. I do sometimes just mix a bucket and top off buy just lifting the lid and adding water for top offs. I also just take the bucket lid off and put on an empty bucket to do work on the plant and put it up on a table at a comfortable working height then just put the bucket back into the tent when im done. This setup is super easy to work with.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X