This growing stuff is addictive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This growing stuff is addictive

I have been bored since harvesting my first grow several weeks ago. I miss having plants to worry about. My thought was to wait to start a second grow. This was due too having plans to travel as soon as the wife and I are vaccinated.

However, after reading up on auto flowers I have decided to start another grow. First grow was DWC, but I decided for a soil grow this time. Want to see what I like best. Ordered perlite, Haapy Frog, and Ocean’s Forest. Plan to use the mix recommended on the main site for the media.

Also I am pleased to report, I just ran my first bud from the last harvest through my DiVinci IQ and it is working it’s magic. Jah Rastafari!

Any bets if I can get through this grow before being vaccinated? Just ordered the seeds (Sour Diesel) from ILGM today, so I hope they don’t take too long.

I hear you I was going to wait until new year to start my second grow...but couldnt resist its nice having buds curing in cupboard and young plants growing in the tent. Hope your seeds arent too long getting to you. Happy safe growing.

Comment

Tell me about it !! I can't shake this curse and it's been more than 50yrs +.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Congrats and oh my goodness, doing DWC on your first grow is definitely diving into the deep end

I would bet you get this finished before you re able to get the vaccine. The waiting list will be long, New York times actually has a fun calculator to see how many people are ahead of you based upon age, occupation and health conditions. I'm millions deep in line....

Comment

Started my 1st grow in March 2019. Got a 2x4 tent, a light, fans, some soil and pots and planted bagseed. Now I have 3 tents 5 lights with about a dozen grows behind me and have seeds to last for years. Naw, this is just a passing fad. Who could ever get addicted...lol!

Comment

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            Passing fad, I'll just grow one plant...... yeah ok.... I've upgraded tent, lights, experimenting with different growing substrates and techniques. To say im hooked is an understatement.

Addictive?
          You betcha...
          Started with a single led in a walk-in closet grow.
          Now I run a mother/clone tent, a 4x4 pheno tent, and my main upstairs space.
          Let's just say that it may be time for an intervention...
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Betchya can't grow just one!!!
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope !! Same goes with one strain hey ?

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly. I have 5 strains growing right now.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmbuck PLreef I just can't keep smoking the same strain all the time; variety is the spice of life!!!!!

Yeah RetiredGuy your gonna have fun with the autos. Just don't put them in hot soil to start and you'll do great. You got a green thumb
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• RetiredGuy
              RetiredGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Is my plan to mix ocean forest and happy frog 50/50 ok or is this considered too hot? That was what was recommended on the main site. Thanks, I can tell from reading your posts that you know what your doing!

Frankly RetiredGuy I mix my own soil. I've never used that soil you have straight from the bag. Sorry
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

RetiredGuy I've never mixed Ocean Forest with Happy Frog, but have used both separately with excellent results. Both worked well - can't say which was better. I hadn't heard of mixing them, but think I will try it on my next crop. I also use Fox Farm's trio and various supplements.

Addicting it is. I'm just harvesting some Blue Dream clones. My grow space is separate from the main house and has to be heated. To save on heating costs, I had planned to wait until early spring to start a new crop. However, after reading this thread, I'm getting antsy. It's only money - I get more next month.
              2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
              5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
              Fox Farm soil and nutes
              Rain water

Comment

• RetiredGuy
                RetiredGuy commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry for being a bad influence on you. Amazon just delivered an electric heater for my basement!

My understanding is that Ocean Forest is “hotter” than Happy Frog. Did you notice any difference and were you growing photos or autos?
                Last edited by RetiredGuy; 12-15-2020, 09:55 AM.

About two weeks ago, I harvested my first plant, grown from bag seed totally on instinct. Found this site right before harvest, good thing too, because I learned about drying and curing. Anyway, I couldn't wait a few days before sprouting another bag seed and then once I got my White Widow seeds from ILGM, I immediately started them. So now I am on my 2nd grow, 3 WW plants (the bag seed was OG Haze and didn't make it thru germination) in their first few days of becoming seedlings! I research daily, think about what my next grows will be, plan growing experiments, etc etc.

The bug bit and I got it bad.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats and my condolences.

• RetiredGuy
                RetiredGuy commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad to see I am not the only one!

WORST CANNABIS-RELATED ADDICTIONS, FROM MOST DEVASTATING TO LEAST:
              1. Buying seeds.
              2. Buying shit for grow room.
              3. Buying shit for smoking, vaping, making concentrates.
              4. GWE.
              5. Munchies.
              6. Smoking/vaping/consuming cannabis.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                7. Attending Pot Fest.
                8. Buying Cannabis magazines.

Seed buying is my worst problem. I think I might need an intervention this year getting close to $400. I know I can quit next time.

Comment

• Smoklahoma
                Smoklahoma commented
                Editing a comment
                You was able to stop at 400 ?

When you sign up for GWE they should have a disclaimer that reads " Welcome to your next new addiction"...lol 🤘
              4x8x8 indoor
              Viparspectra VA1200
              (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
              Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
              Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

RetiredGuy I've never tried an auto - all my grows have been photos. I live in an area that isn't particularly supportive of our hobby and until recently finding either soil has been hit or miss. (I recently found a new garden center about 40 miles from home that has better inventory). I started out using Ocean Forest and still do. I used Happy Frog for one grow because I couldn't find the OF. The HF worked well, but at that time I wasn't really thinking about comparing them. The yields were similar. Sorry I don't have better data.

My two worst money sinks have been lights and seeds. I started out with cheap blurple LEDs. Upgraded to better blurple LEDs. Now have full-spectrum LEDs (IMO they're worth it). Bought seeds several times online. Most visits went like this: Here's the seeds I came here for. Oh look, this other strain is on sale. Oh I've heard a lot about this strain, I think I'll try it. Etc, etc. Now I have more seeds than I will ever get around to growing. I'm staying away from online seed distributors ... today. Get the shakes and quivers at times.

2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
                5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
                Fox Farm soil and nutes
                Rain water

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X