Black tipped sugar leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black tipped sugar leaves.

Hi again everyone,im in the last couple of weeks of flowering and on 1 of my girls the tips of the sugar leaves look like they are going black.Do i need to worry about this,what is it and what could have caused it?The only thing ive been doing differently is i started giving them blackstrap molasses a couple of days ago so i wasnt sure if maybe thats the cause.Has anyone else experienced this?
    Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
    Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
    Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
    Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
    Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
    Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
    Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
    Pots=12l fabric
    Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Pictures help a lot. 😉

what you’re describing could be:
    plant genetics
    old age (seasonal color change)
    copper deficiency
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Pictures would definitely be helpful. That is an odd one. A pic of the leaves and also a whole plant shot is always helpful.

Does it tend to be all over the plant or is it only the top, new growth?

Comment

What are the genetics?

Comment

Sorry fo;ks not very tech savvy and new to the Forum so stil trying to figure out how to upload photos but il try get it sorted soon as.Not sure about genetics cos purchased a pack of 10 misc fem autos of which im currenrly growing 3.All i know is they are one of the following~,White dwarf,Red dwarf,Royal dwarf,Syrup and Northern lights.Its only on the sugar leaves but seems to be on every bud.It had also had a tiny bit of nutrient burn before this although i think it was just a mild case as it only affected the very tips.Just past where the tips have yellowed is where it starts going black.Any advice on how i can get some decent pics would also be much appreciated.Thanks again every1.
          Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
          Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
          Pots=12l fabric

Comment

I use a PC and a camera, tell us what you use and folks that use that device can help.
            For me I click on a camera icon, and guide it to my files to be uploaded from my PC.
            The reason I ask about genetics is there are black strains like Black Domina and Black Willie etc. that are intended to be black.

Comment

Only got smart phone for taking pics but i might be able to put them on my laptop so i can upload them to the forum.Thanks.
              Pots=12l fabric

Comment

• LemonBuzz
                LemonBuzz commented
                Editing a comment
                Take pics and send them to your computers email . Then save them to hard drive and name them like blacktips1 and 2 and a 3. While saving them take note where they are saved . Now you can upload a file from that directory. Probably in pictures directory. Change_directory.

My only internet is on my phone. On your phone try the camera icon, upload,my files,sd storage,dcmi,camera,select the picture you want,done. It will let you do one at a time. I'm not very tech savvy either but that's how I do it on my android. Hope this helps?
              DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
              TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
              Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
              10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
              50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
              8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
              2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
              w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
              2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
              2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
              GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
              Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
              . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
              Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Thanks for the advice,il certainly try whats been said and hopefuly il have some pictures for you all soon.
                Pots=12l fabric

Comment

Black on the buds would concern me a little, I hope it is not a mold. Again, the pics will lessen my concern most likely.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 10.55.19 AM.png
Views:	131
Size:	910.3 KB
ID:	473485
                    Pots=12l fabric

Comment

Im hoping that you can now see the picture i uploaded,its been a nightmare,
                      Pots=12l fabric

Comment

Just a quick update,i dont think its anything to do with strain because when i checked last night i noticed the same thing on 1 of my other girls and there completely different strains.
                        Pots=12l fabric

Comment

Details, we need details!
                          Whats the temps, highs and lows?
                          Whats the RH highs and lows?
                          Soil/media?
                          PH?
                          Lights type/s and hours distance etc.?
                          Yes the pic shows as a PDF file, JPG would be better for us. With JPG we can zoom in.
                          And another pic of the whole plant please.

Comment

I tried to upload photos in JPG and various other formats but it kept saying"invalid file type"which is why after a day and half of trying i gave up and done the only thing i could.Il try again to upload a pic of the whole plant.Its only the top half of the buds that seem to be affected,the rest of the plant is ok.As for details here goes= Auto,not sure of strain,62 days old,400w HID on 24/0 for the last 4 weeks,23-24 degres c,RH54-57,60/40 coir+perlite,PH6-6.2.Hope this helps,anything else let me know.Thanks again.
                            Pots=12l fabric

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X