Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite strain you've grown or smoked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite strain you've grown or smoked?

Howdy everyone. Always looking for new suggestions, just curious about everyone's all time secret lover. Im not sure but I think it was a Northern Lights/Skunk 1 that was guerilla farmed in upstate NY back in '94. Last year I was chasing down a Purple Medusa, which I haven't seen since. A few of my other faves are Acupulco Gold, Wedding Cake, and Movement Glue. Seems any of the Movement strains pack a nice punch. I always leaned toward a nice "metallic skunk" taste as I call it. Curious to see if you all have a common strain thats picked by many of you or repeated faves. Thanks in advance. Go!!!!
    4x8x8 indoor
    Viparspectra VA1200
    (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
    Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
    Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

My go to is Bruce Banner 3 for its affects on spinal pain. For me so far everything else takes a side seat, they help, have a good high, but not as much for the spinal pain. The BB3 does not have my fav flavor/s (stanky ass skunk or pine), and at first that was an issue, but I have learned to luv its smell and taste. Though I am burning sour tangie at the moment. So many strains/hybrids to choose from so little time to grow and sample them!

Comment

Heard alot of good things about the BB. Not sure if I could handle the intense body buzz tho, lol. Even after toking since 1987!!! Just up until a few years ago, for decades I had no idea about different strains or effects. We always figured that a brown bud was Indica, greens are Sativas!!! And seeds galore for days. Used to toss them, now Id kill to have some of those seeds now!!! Always loved the piney skunks and such. Hoping your back feels better and continues to heal well. My Dad has had 13, yes 13, back surgeries since 1980. I know too well what youre going thru. When in doubt...fry, fry again!!!
      4x8x8 indoor
      Viparspectra VA1200

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man we planted all those seed from all those bags, then we did not buy bag of weed anymore. Soon learned how to make fem seed and harvest were great. Breed my own strain only to get the seed patch ripped off after near 20 years of work, gone! I miss that strain! Some of what it was made from is now extinct.
        I had my big surgery in 94, they should have retired me but didn't and of course I got hurt again, they want to cut but F'em! I can walk and they wont tell me I will be able to after they cut, no, no, no, hell F~g no!

Ah I love to talk strains or cultivars as I've recently learned is the correct nomenclature. I've been growing some Purple Punch by Barney's Farms for several months. It is my new all time favorite. It has a sedative effect for pain and is really how I get to sleep a lot of nights. I've grown lots of "cultivars" over the last 7 years. For daytime smoke right now I am smoking some Northern Lights by Sensi Seeds. It is pretty nice but it was a free seed and it might be the last one of it. I have an Acapulco Gold by Barney's Farms that is currently about 6 weeks in flower. I've grown probably 10 of those in the past .It is excellent. I think it was my all time favorite until Purple Punch showed up. I've got a seedling going that was another freebie it is called Cheese by Seedsman. Yeah well I not going to ramble anymore for now. My coffee cup is empty and I need to roll up some more Northern Lights. Have a great grow brothers and sisters and remember to put some love in it !!
      Attached Files
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

I gotta agree with Eliot Pryor that Barney's PP is the bomb diggity along with GG#4 and Wedding Cake, MK ultra, Crown Royal LOL need more?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you all!!! Always open for suggestions!!! The hunt for PP begins!!! I usually write down the really pleasing strains with descriptions for future. The dispensaries here in CA seem to rarely have really good exotics. I assume the growers are keeping the goodies for themselves (can't blame em!!!) Have found some decent ones, but someone keeps putting stupid names on them, and thus their true identity is a mystery. Enough with the "pink dildos" & "purple unicorn" strains. Drives me nuts...
          Finally tried some true Acupulco Gold and it was fabulous. Hoping to start ordering some autoflower seeds soon, hopefully without any hassles. We shall see.
          4x8x8 indoor
          Viparspectra VA1200

Comment

LOL love it pink dildo purple unicorn descriptions so true ya gotta laugh at them.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Golden Lemon i bought in Steamboat Colorado dispensary in a trim pack in 2014, which included 5 seeds. 3 sprouted and took off. Only 2 made it to flower. 3 times each with 2 reflowers. Countless clones and crossbreeds for seeds but the original 2 plants and their clones were by far the best in flavor, smell, taste and effect. The last clone was lost earlier this year. I have since turned on to Gold Nugget. Very similar just not as citrus smelling.
              I bet Bob Marley's mansion
              has a garden in the back
              Where he's growing something special
              Some celestial homemade hash
              we'll sit down on his front porch
              And listen to the angels band
              Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Favorite for these days Afghan Kush Ryder, from World of Seeds.
                Favorite from long ago but still number one in my book of all time best, Oaxacan, landrace sativa,
                I like your post Mlevy420, it's nice to hear everyone's favorite cultivars, as my friend Eliot Pyror says,
                HappySmoking
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

This year's grow was all from bag seeds. Good results though. Chocolope Is what I will be ordering for next year.
                  Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Himalaya Blue Diesel is another thats good for body pain relief, all I can find at the moment is the auto version, I would like to grow a photo of this strain/hybrid.

Comment

My all time favorite was the first strain I ever grew. It was Purple Aurora auto by Alaskan Built seeds. It was the cheapest pack of seeds I could find. It had two killer terpene profiles. One, of sweet rotting fruit, the other was cracked black pepper. They were also big fat pink buds. To this day, even out of dozens of strains grown, I still haven’t found any other terpene profiles as unique as those. Sadly, the company didn’t last. They disappeared along with their genetics. I’ve been on a mission to find those profiles ever since.
                      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Well I must say this year it was Thai Chi and Nepal Jam from Ace but my all time favorite is still Panama Red follow by Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm and I include Kali China for sure. Right now I'm growing some Mazar Kush, Kali 47 and Kali China and a few autos.
                        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                        Full auto grow
                        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Panama red, tutankahmon, and blueberry, blueberry because it was my first grow ever, tut was my second grow and all around go to strain, panama by ace seeds, reminds of when I was a teen ager.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X