Grow 2.0 The Moon grow 🌝

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow 2.0 The Moon grow 🌝

Will be starting my next grow shortly. If I work things out right grow no. 2 will last at least all of next year. I saw a thread on here a while ago about how seeds germ better during the full or new moon so to start this I’m dropping 2 Sunday night right before bed (that’ll be just a few hours before the full moon) then another in a couple weeks during the new moon and then the fourth after Christmas on the next full moon. During this time I’ll get a feel for these strains and figure out my timing for dropping a seed every so many weeks and keeping a continuous grow (I’m thinking somewhere between 16 and 22 days).
    Strains: all fem autos
    Barneys farm, purple punch
    Sweet seeds, dark devil
    Sweet seeds, black jack
    Expert seeds, Northern lights x Big bud
    Will be dropping 2 PP one in a 3 gal and one in a 2 gal this week. I’m going a DD in 3 gal in a couple weeks. Finally a BJ in 3 gal to finish up. That will leave me with 3 each to keep going.
    Pots: 2 and 3 gallon smart pots. That’s the reason for starting the 2 PP both at the same time to check the difference between a 2&3 gal pot.
    3’x3’x6’ tent
    Light: 1 MH ts1000 and will be adding another ts1000 by Christmas.
    Soil: Garden Safe Organic potting soil. I’m saving my used soil and when I run out I’ll be switching to amending it with Earth Dust.
    Two parts soil and one part perlite.
    Nutes: FF trio, Wholly Mackerel, Root Blast, and Grandmas robust molasses.
    PH with strips and using citric acid for down.

I found that I cannot keep a written journal so I’ll try to journal here and as a massive plus I can get on the spot feedback too.
    Last edited by Xena; 11-28-2020, 09:44 PM.

Exciting! I should be starting my 2nd grow around the new moon, in about 2 weeks!

Comment

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Xena: popping two White Widow beans this weekend. I was thinking along your lines this morning as I watched a glorious (almost) full moon set over the waters of Buzzards Bay! Just seems auspicious...

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      grouchyoldman I just drove through buzzards Bay last week. Thats a pretty cool spot!

Welp i just put another GG seed into germinate, my other just terminated itself dampered off weakend stem rotted. Last seed left of the GG fingers crossed.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Kool !! Yeah I heard about the full moon but in my case I'm just gonna plant my beans in my pots. I'm always nervous when I start a new grow. So far only the Mazar Kush are showing their tails but then it's being only 2 days. Happy grow Xena

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I'm popping an OG Haze seed tonight under the Full Gemini Moon. It will be my 2nd grow! First grow is a mystery seed grown fully outdoors.

Comment

Saturday 11/28
          Got my soil and perlite all mixed.
          Filled pots and brought them in to acclimate.

Sunday 11/29
          Got tent all swept out and washed with vinegar wash.
          Sat one riser in with drip trays under.
          Put pots on riser and watered them, 3 gallon just short of runoff and the 2 gallon to just a slight runoff.
          Last run I got into trouble at the start not PHing the water I was using and when I finally started and checked my runoff it was up past 8 so this time I wanted to see where I was at the gitgo, so I checked the runoff from the 2 gal and I’m saying 6.5 .... my strips go from 6.4 to 6.8 and I was just slightly darker than the 6.4.

Comment

Monday 11/30
            Dropped two purple punch in water around midnight. Put one in a 3 gal and the other in a 2 gal about 6:30pm.
            Skipped the paper towel this time and plant directly in the soil.

Comment

I ordered seeds today from Seedsman. Says order arriving in 36-43 days - really??
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                When I ordered last time they said the same thing and I got them in 22 days. Seems like they are moving a little faster recently.

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal Well, maybe by then I'll have my 1st grow finished and stuff cleaned up? <lowers head in shame> I bought 7 Wild Thai photos, 3 Gelato autos, getting 9 freebies: 3 lemon skunk autos, 3 NL autos & 3 Wedding Cake photos. So 19 seeds delivered for $90 USD.

Got this email: "Your order has now been sent to the US as part of a larger batch. Once it reaches our US hub safely it will then be dispatched to you from there and you will be forwarded the USPS tracking code. It may appear longer to initially receive your tracking code but once you receive the tracking code your order should arrive in 3-5 days after that.

Estimated delivery Monday 14th of December 2020 to Monday 21st of December 2020.

The process should be quicker than our previous delivery methods and significantly safer for clients."

• george66
                george66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ive only ever used the Vault but the prices are good,quality of the seeds is great,and never takes more than a week for seeds to arrive.From what ive heard there was a time when seedsman was the go to place but the last year the waiting time for seeds from them has been horrifying and you cant just put it down to covid cos as i said other companys have been managing just fine.

I don't remember who it was that recommend greybeard to me but I gave em a try. I put in my order last Tuesday and received them yesterday $120 for a total of 17 seeds 15 I ordered and 2 freebies. They carry a ton of different breeder's seeds including seedman and maybe fifty others. They're located just outside Tulsa Ok. shipped discreetly the day after I put in the order
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              πŸ‘‡my one n only journalπŸ‘‡
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                AccidentalGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                I used Greybeard the 2nd time I ordered seeds-on Xena 's recommendation. Loved the freebies - opening the envelope was like Christmas Very pleased with the service and will use them again. Wish they had more because they certainly were easy-peasy to order from. I dig that they are a US seed bank. Hate dealing with Europe.
                Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 12-01-2020, 10:56 AM.

• MeEasy
                MeEasy commented
                Editing a comment
                I wrote that it was Xena but then erased it because I wasn't sure and hate to put someone's name on something unless I'm 100%

• AccidentalGardener
                Editing a comment
                I don't remember much, but mostly I remember the important stuff

Friday 12/4
              Both purple punch are up.
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                yippeee for purple punch

Saturday 12/5
              Watered both about 50ml each.
              Turned light up to 75%. It had been at 65% and was getting some stretch so I turned it up.

Comment

Xena Party on grow friend. My 2nd grow just started, trying a couple autos. Good luck and have fun, what the hell else are we gonna do.
                Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

Monday 12/7
                  Watered 125 ml each. Upped the water to water em like big girls. No more small amount from now on it’ll be full water and wait for dry.
                  Light is at about two feet and still at 75% and the stretch seems under control so we’re staying where it is until they grow up into it.
                  RH sucks, can’t get over low 30s. Said screw it and gonna live with it.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                    Editing a comment
                    I made a little humidifier using a clean planter, a clean drip tray and a dishtowel draped over the top. Pour water in the tray, so the towel is wicking up the water, aim one of your little circulation fans on it and voila...humids. You can adjust it by moving the fan or turning up the exhaust system. Without it, I'm hanging at 40% or below, with it I'm at 59-61%. Good luck!

Wednesday 12/9
                  Watered both 250ml each.
                  Gave both approx. three quarter of teaspoon of Root Blast.
                  Upped the water because it seems to have dried out too fast. Not sure if it’s too little water or too low RH but they dried a lot quicker than last time.
                  Water PHed as always to about 6.5 and light is still ~24” @75%

Comment

Friday 12/11
                    Nothing changed since Wednesday just 1st week birthday pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is normal growth rate. You wait at 2-3wks faster growth. Looks good Xena these are going to explode you'll see

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X