No announcement yet.

Male or Female?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the plants in the first pictures posted pictures 2 and three do to me look like male plants ,,hope i am wrong ....mac.

Comment

Originally posted by BeginerNitro View Post
      Thanks mate. So does that mean I need to move the pots inside a dark room everyday? I thought outdoors they will naturally flower? Cheers
      The thing about the dark period for flowering, it needs to be absolutely dark. No light coming in under a door, no light creeping in the edges of the windows, no room lights, nothing. Failure to control any light leaks to your plants may result in the plants turning hermy and causing the crop to get seeded. Outdoors, you will need roughly 60 days when the daylight hours are 12-13 or less. Cannabis is naturally a photoperiod plant, meaning, the plants have a biological response to light hours. In this plant, it triggers flowering.

Comment

You are all legends, cheers for the help. I'll let them be and see what happens. I have a suspension that a few of them are males. It's very weird as they are all the same age and a month ago I noticed pollen sacks on one of the plants, so I killed it immediately. Why would one of the plants grow pollen sacks a month ago and they are all the same age and these ones haven't?

Comment

It happens, this year I had 4 males (BB3s) and used 3 of them to make seed, each one flowered alone and as he played out another flowered up, by number 4 I had enuf seed!

Comment

Originally posted by BeginerNitro View Post
            Thanks mate. So does that mean I need to move the pots inside a dark room everyday? I thought outdoors they will naturally flower? Cheers
            Like I said, as daylight hours peak at the solstice and then begin to get shorter as autumn arrives that's the trigger for the plant to flower.
            I'm at 35 degN from the equator and usually see sex by the beginning of August. That should be February in the Southern hemisphere.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

This is an update... I'm assuming they are males right? Are they Pollan sacks?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry i agree with boyhood compost it

• ChadWestport
                ChadWestport commented
                Editing a comment
                yep, those are confirmed boys.

Yep those are balls, its a boy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X