Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male or Female?

Hello experts,

Im a newbie here with growing and thought I'd try for personal use. My babies were germinated by seeds on 12th September 2020. I still can't figure out if they are male or female. They have no signs of pollen sacks, however, I still can't spot the hairs that are meant to grow behind the pistles. I thought they would be old enough to determine gender by now. PLEASE HELP!

if you would like additional photos, please let me know.

Cheers everyone, I appreciate your time and advice. Thank you.

To soon for me to tell, what are the light hours?

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate. It's an outdoor grow, so I'm not sure of the exact hours. I had a male plant that I recently had to destroy (exact same age as there others) and I still can't tell what gender these are. I assumed that since I could figure my other plants's gender, I would be able to with these too. Still no signs of pollen sacks so I'm assuming they are females? Cheers matey.

Comment

I agree that you'll need to wait a bit.
        It has signs it MAY be a boy, but time will tell for sure.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'm going to say it is a boy, based off of how the little pods are sitting on a stalk that attaches to the main stem. The shape, with the top little hook / overlap is also similar to a male pre flower. I would wait to confirm it, but I see two strikes against it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply people! So basically, if I don't see any pollen sacks does that mean it's a female? They are almost 3 months old, shouldn't I start seeing pollen sacks by now? Thank you!!!!!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              If those are outdoor plants it takes months for me to sex

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            To soon for me to tell, what are the light hours?
            I'll ask the same question again!

Comment

Originally posted by BeginerNitro View Post
              Thank you for the reply people! So basically, if I don't see any pollen sacks does that mean it's a female? They are almost 3 months old, shouldn't I start seeing pollen sacks by now? Thank you!!!!!!
              Rwise is asking the important question - What is your lighting cycle. Typically you won't see the plant develop male or female organs until you switch the lighting to the 12/12 period for flowering. You will sometimes see pre flowers if the plant is kept in veg long enough, sounds like you may be seeing pre-flowers, which can still be used to identify sex of the plant.

Comment

Tanks mate. I'm growing outdoors so I'm not sure what my lighting cycle is. Is Australia it's the start of summer, however, the weather hasn't been too good and on most days it has been very cloudy.cloudy. I notice on hot sunny bright days they love it and thrive. If it helps, the seeds I used are called "Purple Solodiol Lemon Cheese".

What would you guys recommend I do since these are outdoors?

Also I've attached some new photos if that's any help

​​​Thank you all, your support is appreciated.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That strain sounds lovely just pray to the sun goddess for lots of her sunshine and warm temps. Else you have to have protection and warmth.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's gonna take awhile but those should show sex within a month. Once they do you'll be able to tell like little grapes clustered.

Are these auto's or photo's?
                You're just getting to the summer solstice in a few weeks and I find most of my plants will show sex about 4-6 weeks later at my latitude.
                WHAT???
                5x5 grow space
                900w of Vero's and F-strips
                4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Ah yes spring! And luvley girls (we hope), but they need more time so set down with a big fatty and burn a few of those while they grow up.

Comment

Haha thanks guys. They are almost 3 months old now, so shouldn't their sex be visible by now?

I'm assuming if I don't see any signs of pollen sacks they are girls?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BeginerNitro View Post
                      Haha thanks guys. They are almost 3 months old now, so shouldn't their sex be visible by now?

I'm assuming if I don't see any signs of pollen sacks they are girls?

Cheers
                      They may show pre flowers, but they aren't going to fully start to show their sex until you change the lighting schedule to 12 / 12.

Comment

Thanks mate. So does that mean I need to move the pots inside a dark room everyday? I thought outdoors they will naturally flower? Cheers

Comment

As the year goes the days get longer then shorter, as the days grow shorter our girls flower, well kinda. It does not take 12/12s to flower many strains, all mine went under 14/10s this year. You can certainly bring them in for shorter hours of light and get them going. Until the days start growing shorter, I myself would not worry to much (yet watch for males/hermies), then in the fall in your area the buds are going to grow out. Enjoy!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X