Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed tea?

Anyone ever made it?
    How were the results? Immediate buzz or more like an edible?
    Any hints or tricks? Do I need to use a lot?
    Thanks in advance- I'm askin for my date tonight. She wants to try it. 😎

I wish I could give you an answer but no... Never ...... Well no I'm lying I did once but that was 40 yrs ago Do I remember ? Nope

Try this : https://www.leafly.ca/news/lifestyle...is-infused-tea
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not quite old enough to have forgotten the 60s but the 80s were pretty damn cloudy for me

Used to make it all the time, back when, like 70s and 80s. Saved all my stems till I had gallon bag full then mix it with water and a pint of the strongest cheapest liquor I could find. boiled it for about 3 hours. Took it to parties and everyone loved it. It was real good. I think.

Comment

I had an old girlfriend who would take all the stems after harvest and make a tea with it. I've heard stories of the Rastas in Jamaica using the rootball and making teas with that as well. I'm not a huge tea fan myself, but when I had it, it was more of a warm, mellow body buzz.

Comment

I make Bhang, a form of tea, regularly. Its very potent. I take 3 cups water, 2 to 3 grams flower, tablespoon of butter or coconut butter, simmer 2 hrs. Just light bubbling boil. Not rolling. It seems more intense than RSO, and seems to last longer.
        I bet Bob Marley's mansion
        has a garden in the back
        Where he's growing something special
        Some celestial homemade hash
        we'll sit down on his front porch
        And listen to the angels band
        Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does it taste like weed? And does it kick in faster than edibles? I need pain & muscle relief, RSO, edibles & dispo drinks have always taken 100 mg minimum to help. Now that I'm ready to harvest I can soon afford different ways to use (enough) weed as medicine.

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally my experience/preferences. Dosing is different for all. I hope it helps you in some way!
          I personally find the effects intensified by this method over the oil. I make some great oil, but this is more of an indulgence. The draw back is making it takes 2 hrs, but it smells great cooking. Just don't use too high a temp, just a light bubbling boil, use a tablespoon of coconut oil or butter per 2 grams, use ground weed for best transfer of cannabinoids, strain if you don't like chewy tea. On really bad days it's a treat worth waiting for. Id suggest using heavy indicas for awesome pain, spastic and sleep med. Terpine profile is definitely in the Bhang. Once its done, strain and add an herbal tea and honey if you want a different taste.

Woodsman67 Bhang is a new one to me. Is it a thick oil like RSO? Is it something you smoke or do you eat it?

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          interesting. Thanks Puglover1

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use cannabis for pain and spasticity, RSO is great for relief, the tea is just more enjoyable but has the same great benefits. The tea, needs simmered not just steeped so you can achieve full decarb. Starting with 3 cups, you will end up with around 2 cups of tea, there are alot of variations, I do it the basic traditional way. Start with a gram or so and adjust as needed, its a great way to relax and medicate.
          Last edited by Woodsman67; 11-21-2020, 09:26 PM. Reason: I was stoned and the first post left out some words 🙂

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Woodsman67

Thank all y'all for the ideas n advice!
        We ended up using 2 of the metal loose tea holders in a pot of water, Brought it to a light boil & let it simmer while we ate. It sure relaxed her (she don't use) but I still prefer a pipe. But again- Thanks! This forum rocks!!

Comment

Bhang sounds really easy. I don't smoke and I have a real sleep problem. Sounds perfect.

Comment

I gotta admit, bhang sounds interesting. Ill have to give it a shot some time this week.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Never tried such thing, but I would like to I guess I like different weed products a lot, and I think they are pretty good and very healthy for you. I often get some regular meds from online pharmacy, but I also take cannabis products which work great for me
              Last edited by poeras; 11-30-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I almost forgot my favorite! Make the tea, or Bhang, then add a pack or 2 of hot cocoa. Camp fire treat like no other
                I bet Bob Marley's mansion
                has a garden in the back
                Where he's growing something special
                Some celestial homemade hash
                we'll sit down on his front porch
                And listen to the angels band
                Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cocoa. Nice!
                  I was thinkin it might be good if I used it to brew a pot of coffee...

• Woodsman67
                  Woodsman67 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You could add coffee to it, but you need the fat to carry the canabinoids, and the simmer time for Decarb. I am sure this winter, I will be trying several recipes just because lol. The joy of growing 😁

• Woodsman67
                  Woodsman67 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  French press the coffee WITH the Bhang. 😳 thanks for coffee idea! I use a French press while camping so this will be a great morning wake and bake sometime lol.

Oh boy this sounds so good with the coco thanks you guys.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I just simmered 3 cups of water with stems, trim & tiny buds from last night's dry trimming, used hemp oil instead of butter or coco-oil, and splashed in some tincture I made last year but never evaporated. Been using it as the 1 teaspoon of booze for my homemade mango sorbet. It really reduced, looks nice and golden. I need to go strain it but not sure what I want to make to drink.
                  Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                  Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                  Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                  Various size fabric grow bags
                  Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                  4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                  Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X