10 of 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 of 5

I ordered 5 Santa Marta Colombian old seed this spring, just got around to getting them out for a seed run. Open the package and what do I find, the pack said "5" but there were 10. So I dropped all of them in water, all sank about the same time and off to their home. 8 of them broke ground the 17th, the last 2 the 18th, and this is them this morning all hatch under LED full on. In a few weeks flip to 12/12s and get rid of the males as this will be feminized seed.
    You say you count 11, well yes you do, I went out to the pots in the garden and found a Bruce Banner F4 sprout about the same size as the girls indoor. I cant pass up a freebie! so I dug it up and in a pot. But its time to place your bets, is it a girl or is it a boy and I am wasting my time with it?
    Attached Files

🀟 the only thing better than a good thing is a free good thing 🌲😎 grow on my friend!!

I bet three 🌲🌲🌲 it's a girl
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    πŸ‘‡my one n only journalπŸ‘‡
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Fingers crossed!
      There is also a theory being tested here, a local tells me if the roots can touch each other you'll get more females than males. By this each of the 4 pots should only have 1 male each, if it works, right? The BB F4 is a crap shoot, we'll see what "she" does LOL

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL I not keen on that theory i raised daughters LOL

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        Bwahahaha SoOrbudgal

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        @SoObudgal I raised 2 girls myself,

Went in the room yesterday and found I now have 12 plants! Another BB F4 has popped in the pot from outside. When I spotted the first I used the soil from the big pot in the little one.
      Wonder how many more the chickens didn't get?

Comment

I just picked up a bluelabs PH tester for soils and liquids, the soil PH is off as I thought (plants are locking up), but its off the other direction, its low instead of high as usual. The PH ranged from 4.0 to 4.8, and I have started them on potash to raise the PH. I will also be adding pelleted lime to help with this as well.
        I picked up some bottled drinking water and the PH range on it is 7.8 to 8.8 which is a surprise! My tap water hit 7.3, a bit higher than expected as they say it is 7.0, of course thats when it leaves there.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          At this point I think this was a very worth while investment, just look at the change in the plants! I have made my first boboo, I took it out to the garden and proceeded to dump the KCI fluid on the ground (CRAP!). A care kit is coming, until it gets here the probe is in tap water to keep it moist. This cap needs a foot to stand on! (or a plug to keep me from spilling the solution)

This mornings pics, as you can see they are showing a zink deficiency which really means the PH is off far enuf they are starting lockout (starting hell). But the veins are already greener than last night after they got the potash (PH up) and here I have just added the pelleted lime and stirred it in. Also the second BB(4) F4 riding the edge of the pot.

Comment

Another from the outside patch, I "think" this one is a DGD BB3 cross. It was half way between the 2 plants, it was a full moon last night if that means anything.

Comment

The yellow is clearing up as I get the PH up (and the stuff for the girls to use to do their thing). First 4 are the SMCG, then the BB F4, then the wild thing from the yard (I think its DGD x BB3). I also adopted 3 wayward girls. I,ll be picking up another MH tsw 2000 monday and then we start some training on them, maybe make a few clones to give away. The dark soil is very composted trees, and PH is 7.3 on top and mixed into the 4.4 soil. I dont want to say what the PH is on the water (12.3) which got me from ~4 to 4.4.

My new PH meter has shown me a lot, my soil in these pots is not the only soil to go acidic, in fact all my soil went acidic. I will make a change on the mix next batch, there will no longer be perlite in any of my soil mixes! Why no perlite, well before I started using perlite, I had no PH issues, ever since I started using perlite ever single pot of soil has went acidic toward the finish line to the tune of 3.0 to about 4.3, this would be great if I was growing blueberries! Heres what happens, the perlite takes in water, it has O2, and sulfur from the soil, this very rapidly makes sulfuric acid (PH down), so much the lime (PH up) cannot keep up.
            Any thoughts?

Comment

I took the littlest ones outside and flushed then good, ran 4 gallons of water (@ 7.3) through that pot of soil. The next smallest I flushed to about 50% run off, as well as the wild thing.
              I added a second Mars Hydro tsw 2000 for the wayward girls, I'll be cutting the center out and doing some clones (to give away) with the cuttings.
              Happy birthday to me, I gave me a new bluelabs combo meter plus,
              Merry Christmas to me, I gave me a new LED grow light.
              And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas season!

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                AccidentalGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                Yay for gifting to oneself!

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, who knows me better than me? And just who else is going to drop a bit over $600 on what I want?

Back attcha Rwise always fun to get new garden toys. May want to run some epsom salts through that soil maybe?
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal I will have to get more as I used the last in the jacuzzi on my sore muscles. What I find odd is these 4 pots all have the same soil build, and this 1 pot just wont raise the PH. I may end up re-potting the littlest SMCGs and giving them away for room to grow the big girls. And then dump the soil in the wash/creek!
                I transplanted a Greasy Grapes yesterday, I will top her today and try to make a few clones with the cuttings from her. Then if my back allows for it, I'll go build more soil to transplant a Mindo Purp X T1000, and make clones with her too. Since this is a seed run (for the SMCG) these will get some pollen from the SMCG making feminized seed.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dang Rwise sorry for the sore muscles. Greasy Grapes that's a good name LOL. I just amended some soil with mix i made. Old soil with some new regenerated getting ready today to transplant my photo gals.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With all these weird names, how am I supposed to name mine? I hope it turns out as her name suggests, greasy grape flavored purple buds..

Female!! Female!!
                Toga!! Toga!!
                Rooting for a girl (pun intended)
                4x8x8 indoor
                Viparspectra VA1200
                (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
                Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
                Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There will be boys in the SMCG, maybe the 2 BB F4s and who knows what the wildthing is (other than tiny) that have to be taken out, the three large girls have preflowers now.

Sounds awesome. Always exciting to see what happens next!!! Another great aspect of having a kickass hobby!! Grow on!!!!
                4x8x8 indoor
                Viparspectra VA1200
                (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
                Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
                Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

Heres the next step, the wayward girls got a trim, forgot the before pic on the biggest. Trying to make clones, 6 each in the bubble system, and 2 larger cuttings in pots with aloe on the stem.

Comment

The oxycloners (bubblers) are very good at rooting cuttings. I assume you use the different colored plugs to separate strain types when cloning.

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes I do, makes it easy to remember which is what.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X