I know everybody likes pics, so....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know everybody likes pics, so....

Yesterday was 'transplant day'. Moved the fledgling ladies from the starter dome (under a 2', 4-bulb T5 6400K) to smart pots and 3-gal grow pots.

Acapulco Gold (2), Amnesia Lemon (3), Orig Skunk1 (2), Tangerine Dream (1), Sweet Tooth (1). I guess I waited a little too long with some of the plants as their roots were almost a foot long in the starter tray, in rapid rooters.

Seeds from Seedsman, very good service, 90% germinated. Soil is 50/50 Miracle Grow Organic/Happy Frog. Most are about 3+ weeks at this point.
    Attached Files
    Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Hello growgreenjr, Great looking set up!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks DW2!
      Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

Great great set up!!! Great great girls!
        question: that is your ballast inside the tent and why? Just wondering cause I put mine outside of tent. I like to hit my lights (manually) outside before I open the tent.
        just wondering...my wick is very short for electrical issues...
        great work! Following.
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Thanks Tika! Yes, my ballast is inside the tent; that's how I saw a similar setup at my grow supply store so that's what I did. It's a 'programmable' ballast, controlled by a remote control so there's no need to get in there to turn it on or off. Currently I'm running the lights 24 hrs, trying to get the ladies over the shock of transplant. Also, it's kinda cold here so I need the light for heat (currently maintaining 75-79 deg inside the tent, with a small heater).

Comment

GreenJr wow!!!!! Incredible setup!!!! You are seriously giving me inspiration!! Your ladies are also looking great !!! I'm also currently on day 64 of sweet tooth(canuk seeds). She is doing really well. Look forward to see your setup grow.
            Last edited by Stealth_b0nger; 01-23-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• insomniaczzz
              insomniaczzz commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like she is going to give you a good bounty!

growgreenjr, these are looking good. Are you planning any topping or training? The 3 in middle row look like they are almost big enough to top if you so desire.

Comment

Thanks Insom....Topping is my next 'adventure'; I'll have to read up on it real good before I do anything, probably in the next few days or so. The three in the middle are 2 Acapulco Gold and one of the Original Skunks (a free seed from Seedsman that is just exploding!) The Sweet Tooth and Tangerine Dream were planted about a week after the others as replacements for seeds that did not germinate.

Comment

So here's another pic from Feb 12 of the ladies. They look very healthy with one minor exception (small yellow spots on the Sweet Tooth, nothing to get nervous about). I've done some topping and defoliating; they do look a little 'bushy' but for my first attempt I'll take it!

Comment

Did some major defoliating the other day; was concerned that the ladies might be 'shocked' but they came back in force! Click image for larger version

Name:	defoliated.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	57830

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are you also using calimagic??

• growgreenjr
                    growgreenjr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No Calimagic; just Gen Hydro Flora (micro, grow, bloom).

I tried defoliating for the first time on my last grow and was amazed at how they responded so robustly! I must have defoliated at least 6 times and they bounced back with even more foliage! Be careful when you get to flower. That's when I ran into problems. Not so much defoliating as too rough around buds because of lack of space getting to fan leaves.
                  DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                  315 LEC
                  6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                  6" Carbon filter
                  3- 6" fans
                  humidifier
                  temp and humidity gauge
                  5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                  FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree...they come right back but in flower the removal of leaves is for the benefit of exposing buds to the light.

Ten weeks of veg has come to an end! Time to flower!!

I have 'flipped' my grow from veg to flower. Out came the Solis Tek 600W MH 6K bulb and in went the 600W HPS 2K bulb. Now, instead of 24-hour lights on, I'm running 12/12 (programmable Solis Tek Matrix ballast).

I raised the reflector a little and plan to watch the height carefully to ensure I get the best light to the plants (footprint vs intensity). The HPS light sure looks different than the MH light!

Can't wait to see some bud or flower development; anybody wanna share a guess on how long that could take? Tentatively planning about an 8-10 week flower stage, with the last two weeks under a 600W 10K 'finisher' bulb.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice clean plants grow green! All I can say is that they will take their own time. If you think it is hard to wait now- the fattening and ripening time at the end is taxing! Good things come to those who wait

Update...I'm 88 days into this grow and these ladies, 2-1/2 weeks into flower, are producing some very nice flowers. Next post I'll try to add some close-up photos of the flowers. I did the fifth defoliation of their existence today, a rather light trimming compared to past sessions; mostly just removing discolored or brown leaves and clipping some of the larger fan leaves to get more light to the developing flowers. Daily temps avg 77-80, with nighttime temps dropping to 66. RH holding steady at 45-55%, the ladies seem to like it.

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes indeed! Nice progress ggj

96 days....Pics of some of the flowers on my plants!

Comment

Coming along nicely. Good work.
                    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                    600W HPS
                    Coco
                    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X