Automatic Watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Watering system

I have an auto watering system that I have an issue with I think I got it figured out just wanted to run it by you all, I pump water in through a single line then I split it into to runs side by side ,from there I run 2 1/4 inch hoses to the plant ,heres the issue .I think the last 2 plants on the back run are getting enough fertigation but not enough to provide runoff to keep the ph and ppm in range this causes the plants to show massive stress on the fan leafs ,so heres my thoughts if I cut the 2 runs off the at the T fitting at the top of the runs ,cap the 2 ends ,extend the single line to the middle of the 2 runs and install using a t fitting on each side this will make the feeding loop look like and H and should increase or equalize the pressure in the runs so the last 2 plants are getting the same water as the other 6 plants

----------------------- -----------------------
    --------| ---------------I
    ---------------------- ----------------------- if you extend the vertical lines to the two horizontal lines you can see what i'm talking about
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Hi oldjarhead100 , I think I understand your problem, but it's missing an important piece of information: are you using pressure-compensation drippers on the ends of your 1/4" drip lines?

I use a drip system and I run a single main line with three feeder lines to each plant. There's a 3 gallon per hour pressure-compensating dripper on the end of each line. That delivers a total of 1.5 gallons over ten minutes in my five gallon pots and produces a little bit of runoff which is all I want from my compost soil grows.

Every pressure-compensated dripper gives the same amount no matter where it exits the main line so your mainline design doesn't matter as much.

Make sense?

-Grouchy
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      it does make sense I tried some drippers and they just kept clogging up so I just cut them off

So the hoses will be bleeding off water as it runs down the line, decreasing volume of water with each pot. I think you will have the same issue. if you split all the runs into a home run to each pot from a manafold of t's you will have the same at each pot and the timing for run off should be the same. I think :-)
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

I was thinking exactly what grouchyoldman said. Drip regulators, can find them at a hardware store in the irrigation aisle (I believe that's where I came across them), or at most gardening centers I'm sure. That would save you all the trouble of more connectors and cutting more hose.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X