Auto Flower Grow Pot Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Flower Grow Pot Size

I have a 4*4 foot tent with a 7 foot ceiling and and a 600w bulb. I am going to start a new crop with auto flowers with a 90 finish time. I am not sure about the size of pot to grow them in I use Foxfarm soil in cloth pots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not a auto guy but I've been around here for a minute and have read alot lol. What I'm hearing from most is 3 gal pots are perfect for autos.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

After trying a few pot sizes, for indoor grow, 5 gal fabric pots are my preference, but 3 gal seem fine. Autos grow fast, more room for root support more flower up top. 4- 5 gal in a 4x4 would easily give you a great canopy. If you want more than 4 plants 3 gal containers would be better. As always, its grower choice. I use 2,3 and 5 gal depending on what I want in the end, or if ill be transplanting.
      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
      has a garden in the back
      Where he's growing something special
      Some celestial homemade hash
      we'll sit down on his front porch
      And listen to the angels band
      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

I use 2 gallon Geopots - easy to control plant size.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I'm currently using 5 gallon fabric pots for my autos but in my upcoming grow I plan on using 4 gallon pots instead.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

A 4x4 tent with 4 x 3 gallon pots sounds just about perfect to me, I have 6 x 3 gallon pots in my 2x4 tent and it is quite full already and I'm only just about half way in the grow.

Comment

LOL aren't we helpful too many choices. 3gal you'd be safe
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

5 gallons is what I'm using
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

SoOrbudgal lol at your comment. But yes I think there is a lot of choices or preferences but seems like 3 gallon pot is the most common denominator. I recently purchased Grassroots pots for living soil for my auto flowers. I went with 3 gallon.

Comment

I've grown a number of autos in a variety of pots. For this latest grow I found these 3.6 gal semi-rigid plastic pots to be a good compromise between 3 and 5 gallons, and between cloth and a more rigid plastic. That's a 2 litre pop (soda) bottle for comparison. I find the plastic holds my cages more solidly than cloth, and I've had problems in the past with my cloth bags being wet for too long and flirting with mildew issues. I punch a bunch of holes around the perimeter of the pot for enhanced drainage and to try and get O2 to the roots. 4 days between fertigations at average 74F and an RH of 45-50%. These plastic pots are cheap, and seem to be working well this grow. I also have a 4 x 4, and 6 will fit depending upon your canopy spread of course.

Sorry to throw another option into the mix
                    Surround yourself with nature, and let it breathe life into your soul.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep i love these grows breaking the barriers

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can see why those pots would work well for cannabis plants - cuz they are tall.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X