bubble hash tips please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bubble hash tips please

I researched bubble hash here and decided to buy bubble bag dude kit. I have a lot of very larfy buds so I bought the machine. I will go get some ice in a couple hours and start the process. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Should I try and remove some of the leaf or does it matter?

Good luck !! I'm just going to follow along and see the tips you get .
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

If the leaf has trichomes use it. My last time if memory serves I used the 220 bag to hold plant mater then the 160 bag to strain any thing I did not want in my hash and then the 25 micron bag to collect what I was keeping to smoke. My first time I followed the tutorial and kept what came from the different bags separate. But I found the need to layer what I put in my bowl to smoke. With the coarser grade on bottom and finest on top it seemed to smoke better. I have now made it 5 times and what was made this spring has been the best so far. On second time making it I decided to bag the spoons I used to collect the hash over trying to clean them and keep them for reuse. They are getting a good layer of residual hash on them. Uncertain if I'm going to scrape it for smoking or if it will get soaked off in jar of alcohol when I try and learn to make oil. Definitely do 2 runs, it helps to put plant mater in fridge or freezer to chill the trichomes before making it and having extra 25 micron press screens helps. When drying I use a baking rack under the screen so air can get to both the top, sides and bottom. Main piece of information I will give is it is easier than ya think. Also look over your bags and test them on buckets before you start. My first 25 micron bag had a miss sewn side seam that split open the first time I used it due to bag being to small to fit outside of bucket. On up side Bubble Bag Dudes sent me a replacement no questions asked (well that's deceptive but a whole nother story ). Good Luck

Comment

I’ve made bubble 8 times now, and it is pretty self explanatory if you’ve watched the video. Only suggestion I would have is not to use wet frozen trim. I know that they say you can, but it gummed you my bags so bad that I had to spend hours scrubbing them with vegetable oil to get them clean afterwards. It also was very, very sticky and took weeks to get it sufficiently dry. Even with freezing and micro planing, it was still a big sticky mess. The plants I used were also a bit immature, and this might have been part of the problem, I’m not sure.
        When using buds, I also ground them up a bit beforehand. Hard to get the trichs out of whole buds.
        good luck, and enjoy!

Comment

Thank you for tips so far. The buds I will be using are very larfy and I hope to not put time into trim. I am burnt out from trimming all my smoke. I will try and pull off as much leaf as possible.

Comment

man im glad you asked, youll find tutorials everywhere but youll notice the hash they end up with its usually very very dark and in rock form with lots of moisture, this is because of two things;
            over agitation breaks down plant matter and taking too long to in the cold water the plant cells start to rupture releasing super small particles full of chlorophyll, the second reason hash turn out shitty its because most people dont even know how to dry it, ive tried telling everyone here including farmbuck and toker1 the right was to dry but no one has tried it.

imagine a thick kief that clumps up as you press it and warm with your fingers, a full melt kief that bubbles as you burn it, just the sexiest hash youll ever see. now to the specifics, as soon as you get the hash patties from the bags into your pressing screen put right back into the freezer, dont press much the patties, the water will come handy in the future, now you gotta get a big cardboard, and a box to put it in, or a drawer or somewhere dry protected from dust, and youll need a micro plane like this https://www.microplane-brandshop.com...-Master-Series

now you gotta put the patties into the freezer only for a few hours (not days) because the freezer takes the moisture out of the hash, nos using the micro plane take the frozen paties and grate to dust all over the cardboard making sure it doesnt clump all together in one spot, very well spread, the moisture helps because the trichomes are "suspended" in the ice structure, otherwise they break when in contact with the micro plane, then just leave to dry for 7 to 10 days like i said in a box or a drawer or somewhere protected from dust.

oce dried take a plastic card and scrape all the goodnes together and place into a container in a dry cold place, if you place in a hot place it will melt into a block and you dont want that, you want full melt. now i didnt came up with this, i watched bubble man(bubble bags owner) explain his technique and the end product its just superior, its like bone/coral colored kieff, not those cluncky hash rocks with black and green spots all over. man im going to upload a video to youtube of me smoking on a pipe so you see what a freaking beauty.

i wouldnt be wasting my time writing all of this if i wasnt so sadden when i see my fellow GWE family smoking some shitty hash that burns like incense instead of wax
            just watch this https://youtu.be/sk9BI0-7A2o?t=2021 youll see the macros of the trichomes and how its suposed to look

Comment

• grouchyoldman
              grouchyoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              9fingerleafs, Thank you, that is very helpful information and the video was entertaining.

Based on your comments I am probably "agitating" my trim way too much using a drill and a paint mixer. I get plenty of product but it's dark green & chunky. Still smokes pretty good but always lookin for improvements. I think I want to try the sieve method first, any suggestions specific to that approach?

-Grouchy
              Last edited by grouchyoldman; 11-15-2020, 11:42 AM.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              You need a dedicated sieve for this, brand new if possible. As long as you can get small enough clumps it will dry, aim for a course salt size clumps and dont be afraid to put back in the sieve if they clog together in the cardboard

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              Super helpful hints thanks!
              I’m doing it all wrong 😂

this is me smoking a bubble hash snake in a small pipe using a scorch torch https://youtu.be/ZyKwDKCBBDU

Comment

Time to put up the Buck-Light. It's like the Bat-Light for Batman, but for Farmbuck
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• desertdan
                desertdan commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok might have to give that a try. just starting bubble process now.

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                Farmbuck posted some very informative links about bubble hash. Go to YouTube and search Frenchy Canoli. He shows very detailed step by step.

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Xena Yes I know Frenchy, he has severals video on Hash, I believe he is one of the most knowledgeable person on that subject. If my memory serve me well he lives in California now. google "the lost art of hashishin".

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X