Possible to tell Femanized and/or auto-flowering based on seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to tell Femanized and/or auto-flowering based on seeds

Hiya, I am a novice at growing and I am sure the answer to this question is, it depends. I purchased Blue Dream seeds and inadvertently forgot to ask if these were femanized and auto-flowering. There is no indication whatsoever anywhere and the seller will not answer me after days of asking for help. Is Blue Dream type seeds always femanized and/or auto-flowering or does it depend on a factor? Just trying to plan ahead and I have no idea what I am in for. TY for any help you can provide!

I’m by no means an expert but I don’t think you can tell either from the seed. You can’t look up past orders from the seller?

Comment

Nope. Anyone who says they can..... has a million dollar genetic machine

Comment

Psst... Hey, buddy! I have a million dollar genetic machine in the trunk of my car. I'll let you have it for ten grand. Even throw in a genuine Rollex watch. Eh, buddy?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          If it comes in the official Gucci carry bag, I'll take two

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Ten grand gets you Levii's. Twelve five and you get Guchi.

Lol........
        come on guys- I know it was a seriously silly question from our standpoint but I think it was asked in all sincerity & we are supposed to be a community who welcomes & supports new growers......
        ???????.???????????

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think anyone is taking the piss. I hear you and support what you're saying, but the sarcasm is more for anyone who would come in to a thread like this and say - yes, I can tell if it is female / male / auto or whatnot. Sincere question, and nothing wrong with it. Smart people ask questions.

Aw, heck JDU . The first answer might have been a little sarcastic. More silly. I don't think it came off as negative. Really, I don't know how much the machine would cost but, yeah. A genetic testing machine which would probably be the way but also, perhaps, impossible as you would have to take a sample of the little seed to do sequencing.

In fact, I'll throw this in, just to show there are no hard feelings. Fist bump PotWWD ?

Wait! Who was it with the geneticist sister?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Hi, I thought I would try. thanks for the responses.

Comment

There are a few folks who believe you can tell sex of a seed by the dimple left on the end of the seed. This has been debunked several times. If you purchased seeds you should have some sort of email or account saying what you bought. All I can say is germ them and vegg them for 3 weeks, if you have clear signs of female flowers, they are fem auto. If after 4 weeks vegg time they dont produce flowers, they aren't auto. Flip to 12/12 when the plants are roughly half the size you want, watch for pistils or balls. Good luck!
            I bet Bob Marley's mansion
            has a garden in the back
            Where he's growing something special
            Some celestial homemade hash
            we'll sit down on his front porch
            And listen to the angels band
            Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X