Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tapering light hours leading up to harvest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapering light hours leading up to harvest.

I've read that leaving plants in the dark just before harvest causes them to get desperate for pollination and kick out the resin. Does anybody slowly taper lighting for 1-2 weeks prior to harvest in a quest for higher potency?

I haven't heard of that or seen any documentation to support it. Which basically says, I don't know if that would work. It would be interesting to track that, it would be expensive, but I do imagine if it was a miracle THC booster, that it would be more common practice.

Comment

Nope. You harvest before sun up (or lights on) because the plant has used up all its food created by photosynthesis. It’s beneficial to final flavor.
      If you are looking to increase potency, try supplementing UV-b during flower.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I have definitely heard many long time growers talking and doing this 48 hours dark before harvest. They sware it adds something to the trichomes or actually adds trichomes. I haven't read any actual literature on this yet nor have I tried it so I don't know if it actually does anything. I'm sure there's plenty out there on it I've just been busy fighting with the stupid super swings in temperature we are having (3 inches of snow last week and 85° f today) while trying to setup a new tent because I've decided to come out of the closet. 🤯🤪🤔🌲😎 .... So if you try it give us an update, I'd like to know more about this 4sure thanks and good luck
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

There's an interesting article at this link that says:

Raise Lights during last Two weeks Again, to help make this seasonal shift a reality for your plants, you should raise your lights up 4-6 inches(4”for a 600 watt and 6”for a 1000 watt,) every week for the last two weeks. This will help create more compact and dense fruit clusters while further increasing the ripening process.

I haven't tried it yet but it makes sense to signal "harvest time" to the plant.

-Grouchy
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There many discussions regarding going dark prior to harvest. Most suggest an increase in thc to varying degrees. Just like certain stressors trigger cannabis and other plants to "go for it" in order to get pollinated. My thought was if this light deprivation near the end of growth helps then why not a simulated running out of light scenario that is slowed down enough to give the plant a chance to respond? I'll keep searching.

Comment

I have tried it several times and I honestly can't tell you for sure if it does anything to the weed. Except maybe save on electricity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X