Silencers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silencers

Has anyone used the silencers u can get for fans the look like carbon filters do they work and lower noise on fans and weres best to place them thanks guys

A carbon filter would restrict air flow, by doing so it would help to quite the fan a bit. You might also consider adding some sticky butel tape (Granger has is for about 20$ its 3/16 thick and 4 in wide) it helps some. but really it would be more effective to insulate the room with sound insulation / metal kind.

Maybe just add a radio with some classical to buffer the air movement.

Comment

Thanks mate the silencers are silencers not carbon filter i meant they look like a carbon filter mate

Comment

I use Phat Farm duct silencers. I have one on the intake side between the carbon filter and the fan. It helps reduce the noise quite a bit.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• growell
          growell commented
          Editing a comment
          Worth getting mate

The mechanical noise of the fan operating will still be present. The swooshing of air through the ducts will be muffled.
        some people build a wooden box and line it with sound proofing for the fan itself. Check online, I’m sure you will find more information and drawings on that.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• growell
          growell commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought about building box not to sure also thought about actoaly buying the box fan but dont know if worth money and the space they take up mate

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. Time, space, & money are limiting always.

My brother is running one I can't remember the damn name of the manufacturer but he got it on Amazon for like 50 bucks US I think is what he said. It definitely quiets down the whoosh of the airflow but you still hear the fan motors, but his fans are outside of his tents. All it is is a muffler it looks like something you would screw onto the end of your pistol or rifle only it's a little to big
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• growell
          growell commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats were mine seems the noisest sucking air in on the end of ducting and blowing out mate see if u can find the make cheers

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a 6" G Hydro he's the one that turned me on to the brand name for their filters they work better than the I power that I was using and only 10 bucks more. I just bought a shit load of stuff so I have to wait for a bit to get me one so I haven't even priced the silencer yet to tell you how much they run but they shouldn't be more than a filter and they're like 60 bucks US

Does he think it makes noticable difference mate

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it made a big difference you can still hear the humm of the motor but that's it. While his tents are closed we would have to talk loud because of the sound of the air coming out, his tents are side by side and his exhaust comes out between them from both tents so it was pretty loud now you can barely hear it.

cheers meeasy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X