First indoor setup, is this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First indoor setup, is this right?

Hello everyone, this is my first time growing indoor and I am very confused because I found too many information, but after days of researches I think I came up with something good:

- 3 Quick One RQS autoflowers: 8 weeks, 60 cm max height

- BudBox Lite - 60x60x140 - Grow Tent or 75x75x160

- 3 Air Pruner Fabric Pots 8 liters 20cm X 20cm X 23cm

- BioBizz Light-Mix Soil 20 litre (plus some extra perlite)

- Mars Hydro TS 1000 LED

I think that 3 Quick One with a max height of 60cm will fit good in a 140cm height tent, also the light seems to be appropriate for 3 autoflowers. I will then add 2 fan (1 in, 1 out I guess?), carbon filter, hydgrometer, heat mat and that's it.

My biggest concerns is the light, the tents size and the number of the plants: in a 60x60x140 I can put 3 plants in 5.7 liter pots (20x20) but maybe they are too close ?
    while in a 75x75x160 I can put 3 plants in 8l fabric pots (22x22) and they will be fine I guess.

What do you think ? Am I missing something ?

Thank you for your replies <3

I have the same light. It covers 1.5’x2’ for flowering. Or about 45x60cm

Comment

if your doing autos 3 gallon pots are big enough mate but i would get the biggest tent u can if u want to do photos 5 gallon pots u need and once u get addicted to it u want to grow more and variety

Comment

You can probably leave the heat mat out. It's probably not going to be needed. I don't usually use one because my lights heat the tents enough. Personal preference I think on that.

Comment

you'll need some nutrients too and a way to check and adjust ph

Comment

Also don’t see any mention of exhaust fan and carbon filter

Comment

Looks like you have the basics covered. Good suggestion on getting a way to measure your water Ph & EC and to also grab a pen to measure your PPM. You likely won't need trellising, but its something else you can have at your disposal. Have a way to clean your scissors / clippers after each use

Comment

After considering your replies and an advice from a friend of mine I think I will go with a single plant on a 11l pot (that friend of mine suggested to use a plastic pot but I am not sure if use a fabric pot that seems better ?) in a 75x75x160 tent with an HPS Optilux - Digital Dimmable 600w Grow Light Kits to use in 400w mode, I was scared using an HPS at first because of overheating but now the tent is bigger and I am living in a cold place and the tent will be next to the windows so in case I can open the windows and let the winter in

I think this is my final setup and of course I will add hygrometer, 2 fan plus a little one inside the tent and I will check the PH of my water! Any thoughts about this?

Thank you all

Comment

Get fabric pot plus u want to use the full 600w hps are u getting an intake and outtake fan i run 3 to 4 600 w hps heat is an issue but it is with any lights as long as u control it if u live in a cold place u want to concider when your lights are not on u might need a heater plus i would get a bigger tent 1 plant wont be enought to last harvest to harvest and if u get hooked on growing like a lot of us do u will want to grow as many plants and strains as u can mate it gets obsessive honestly and u want all the best gear mate

Comment

Definitely go with fabric or air pots. I agree with growell a bigger tent would be better, if you have the room. With a 120x120cm tent, you can grow 4 or 5 good size plants and get lots of weed to last a few months until next harvest. If you use a 75x75cm tent and only try growing one plant, you will spend more time in veg trying to fill your tent. Just something to consider.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X