Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Started a lebanese photo and am trying your training. if it's a female then great. but anyway here is the pic.

Leave a comment:

• buds73
    commented on 's reply
    You touched on something here which has had me pondering since your first post on this subject. I have a 3x3 which I am currently growing 3 plants but I'll be lucky if I get a quarter pound between the 3 being first grow and all that. Looking at your plants I think just one using your method would fill my 3x3. I am unsure now whether to do 3 plants or less on next run. If I thought I could get half a pound off one plant I would do just the one but not sure I have the experience yet to get that. What would you recommend I do and what sort of yields did you get when first trying this method?
    You've given some great info on this post and feel it could be a good way forward for me.

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    I find it pretty reliable actually. I always try to 'underestimate'; counting 4 branches that were not at the top of the canopy as two full branches. Keep in mind, depending on your plants flowering type a full branch can look completely different. If your flowers are more spread out, as long as they average the same amount as a flowering plant with close nodes - it still counts as a full branch. Of course nothing is foolproof when it comes to estimating a harvest, you still have bud density to consider. But I found this close more often than not. If your looking back on past grows and you see 8 colas of 6" or more about 4 oz is a pretty good guess for your grow.

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Dood, you are on a total roll lately!

This is the first testable methodology for estimating the yield of a flowering plant that I've found. DOES IT WORK??? Have you regularly been using this formula and found it to be pretty accurate? Cool Beans.

I've got a Widow downstairs just starting Week six flowering and I'm gonna go start counting...

Sorry for the excess of enthusiasmo here, too much coffee and a morning toke!

Saludos,

-Grouchy

================
    OK, my week 7 flowering Widow has about 30 legitimate Tops so: 30/2=15*26=390g/28= 13.9 oz.

I'll be delighted if I come anywheres close to that number!
    Last edited by grouchyoldman; 11-15-2020, 08:05 AM. Reason: Added my calculated yield.

• BU2B
    replied
    Current grow: Week 6 Day 1 of flowering
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6C3B4D3B-70B2-43E3-8EB8-1208AD689E80.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	467551
    Updated estimate of harvest: $100 OG - 17 oz, Northern Lights - 22 oz. Dried and Cured.

I project final harvest weight for this method as follows:
    • Number of full flowering branches when your plant is six weeks into flowering (it should be defoliated enough to see all bud sites) divided by two. Before week 6 I find it’s more of a hoping game when trying to estimate yield totals.
    (Flowering branches / 2)
    • If branches are relatively full each two full branches will be about 26 grams.
    ​​​​​​​(Flowering branches / 2) x 26 = Total Weight
    Divide the total from the above by 28 to get number of ounces.
    • EXAMPLE for the Northern Lights shown here, this how I estimated total dried and cured weight:
    ((((46 / 2) = 23) x 26) = 598 / 28) = 21.36 oz
    I'm open for prognostications:
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-15-2020, 04:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    CROWDED HOUSE:
    Method testing- I found 4 plants don't produce any significant advantage in flower production or weight of cured flowers over 2 if using this method (if grown in a 4x4 tent.) Just more work. With 4 plants in my tent, dried and cured harvest per plant averages about 6 ounces. Your final outcome is likely to be smaller due to limited size and the inability to open plants up during vegetation & flowering as you can with just two plants in your tent. The grow shown here produced 23 ounces, the following grow, with 2 plants produced 28.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CrowdedHouse.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	467548

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Living in the southwest having humidity too high is rarely a problem. But, If and when I do have an issue with humidity, it's always during veg mode. I find that keeping on top of leaves and removing excess leaves really helps. I've actually had wet leaves (which can leave some nice white spots on your leaves that can give you a heart attack) and thinning them can bring your humidity down sometimes as much as 20%. My tent has active fan output and passive outdoor input. If you just cant get the humidity under control your only viable option may be a de-humidifier.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    From what I understand mixing as per nutrient manufactures recommendations gives you the proper ratio of nutrients. Then is up to us to to dilute it if needed to our desired ppm or EC. I use coco so adding extra cal mag is part of the equation for healthy plants due to cation exchange.

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, bboyfromwayback the plants are tied down to keep them level. Though it doesn't show well in the photo, you can see green training wire on the plant on the left.

• Dieselgrower
    replied
    can I ask what do you do for humidity control. I have a 4x4 with a marsts3000 and once in 3weeks into flower it goes crazy. I have my exhaust hooked to an ink bird but it kills my temps @ times. I do kill the fans when lights are off.

Leave a comment:

• Cali
    commented on 's reply
    Hammer53 Crazy how today I was looking into what Immortal Technique has been up to and then I come to GWE and find this here. Love anything he does along with his partners that help him on his mission to help the people in need. Peace.

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JohnEmad The issue has been fixed. Clicking the image will reveal the gif.

• Gluteous
    commented on 's reply
    You forgot Washington. We were the first to vote to legalize, 2nd to implement it.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    that top picture thing is hard to look at.
    I like the bottom one.

Thanks for posting.

• growell
    replied
    good stuff mate very informative as ever also i agree with groucholdnan

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X