X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU2B
    replied
    Final Post - 12.30.20

Thanks to everyone for following along, I hope I have done some good. There is an error in the PDF version that will be fixed and updated here, but other than that this grow and journal is officially over.

All my best,
    Always
    Last edited by BU2B; 01-09-2021, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rad
    commented on 's reply
    True true bro same 2 u and everyone . Growers love from the heart

• BU2B
    replied
    Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and high 2021
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0EA60DFE-A886-4030-992E-088E677E550D.gif Views:	5 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	476500
    Last edited by BU2B; 12-24-2020, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    @Drekthar
    Since this technique seems to be popular with 1-3 plants in a 5 gallon pot why not try making something like a tomato cage, only with much wider circle than average? A size that would manage the 40+ branches.
    Some decent stainless rod would be easy enough to work into rings. For the rings put a loop at each end to lock the ends. Use plastic ties to hold the rings to the uprights. This would make it easy to disassemble and the uprights could be interchanged between ring sizes depending on plant size.

• BU2B
    replied
    Last edited by BU2B; 12-17-2020, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    I think this is just another method of making a flat canopy that will produce well. There are many other aspects of this training that could lend itself to even a scrog etc.
    This method needs perhaps some bamboo poles and or yoyo's to help out. And we all hope for those heavy fat nugs. So ya bring on the fat colas.

• Drekthar
    commented on 's reply
    the only thing that concerns e is keeping the branches from folding over when the buds get fat. I have been using a scrogg on my 5 gallon bucket primarily for support but of course there are other benefits as well.

• JohnEmad
    replied

"I do a transition to bloom, both in nutrients and lights. This generally takes 7-10 days (as each day I am increasing the total contiguous amount of darkness by at least 1 hour). Though I do count the day the girls actually made it to 12 hours of darkness. I start counting flowing from the day I first see flowers (3-7 days after 'the switch') not from the day the darkness is at 12 hours.) Everyone may have their own way of counting - this is mine and works for me. It is really not that big of a thing. But, if you ever wonder why some peoples plants finish at a different time for the same strain under the same general conditions, it may come down to just a simple matter of counting when flowering actually starts.

I find the same thing is true when it comes to vegetation time - many count week 4 for example at the start of the week not at the end of the week. Where I count week 4 day 2 some may count as if week 4 has already occurred and may report week 4 day 2 as just past 4 weeks.

One other thing I have done for a while - whether rumors and hints are true or not is; I always leave my girls in the dark the last 36 to 48 hours of their life. Whether this actually increases the THC level of your buds may still be up for debate, but this much is true, as light degrades trichomes, allowing your plants sit for 36 to 48 hours and keep producing trichomes without light degradation does make for frostier buds and in my book that's always a good thing.[/QUOTE]

People might consider saying 2nd day into week 4 and 2nd day into the 5th week. I usually use something like Flowering Day 30. but I agree the time doesn't really matter as the plants will let you know when they are ready.

I am getting more out of your method the second read through thanks.

Leave a comment:

• iwanttoknow
    commented on 's reply
    was finally able to save the .pdf - THANKS! Can't wait to start the next grow. :-)

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    I have to agree. Is there a way to give something like 5-7 seconds between photo swap? It would make it more enjoyable.

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Great site showing states and their laws.
    The information provided on these pages is for informational purposes only and does not, and…

The following states have passed laws either fully or partially decriminalizing certain marijuana possession offenses.…

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    I believe that style is called The Crain, which was perfected by Mr Miyagi in the Karate Kid film.

• buds73
    replied
    Great work BU2B and grouchyoldman I'm Sure that there will be quite a few of us that can/will benefit from this.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer53
    replied
    Thanks everyone in GWE I got the PDF. This was a great informative thread. So glad for all your efforts and GWE

Leave a comment:

• Anansi
    replied
    Very interesting and educational discussion. I only found it yesterday so was able to binge read the entire thread and download the PDF. Thanks to BU2B and grouchyoldman for all the time and hard work. Also a shout out to NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside for a 5★ website including this forum. The best of the season to everyone. Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X