Rawtton Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 4 Flower

It’s the end of week 4 and things are progressing as they should. The trichomes are building nicely, although two of the phenos are better than the others. Closer to the chop I will go into detail what I have been observing in each of the girls. We managed to take cutting and now have clones of each. We will keep what truly stands out.

On a couple of the tops closest to the light I can see a teeny bit of light bleaching. The light is maxed on height now, so if it continues this week I will dial back the light intensity. I was afraid of that. These girls did go thru an impressive stretch. I think we will see some great colas in time.
    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Really happy for you and this grow going so well, they look fantastic

Very good looking now. Progressing quite nicely!!
    4x8x8 indoor
    Viparspectra VA1200
    (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
    Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
    Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

Week 5 Flower

The frost is getting thicker. Also, we have definitely decided that the terpene profile is dirty socks. It literally smells like my gym bag at the end of the week. It took us awhile to realize that we were smelling the grow and not my dirty laundry basket. But the crazy thing is, you honestly can’t tell the difference between the two. Rawtton, indeed. True stank but in a good way. If you need a strain to grow that is low profile then this is one to consider. You’ll smell it alright but you won’t realize it’s not dirty gym socks unless somebody tells you it’s not. Can’t wait to taste it.
      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks better than it smells apparently!

• SommerVirelli
        SommerVirelli commented
        Editing a comment
        😁 I remember hating the smell of skunks. But after a full summer of skunk pheno buds, I actually enjoy the smell now lol

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Tent looks great!

The smell of rotting fruit in it's description but it " had me at greasy" i love it when my joint goes out do to " oil " when it's just so hard to stay lit ya gotta stuff it in the pipe. Man that's a terrible thing to have stinky, oily weed.........i love it!
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Week 6 Flower

The girls are fattening up. At the beginning of the week I noticed some bronzing in the fan leaves of one of the girls. I decided it could have been one of two things causing the problem: a nutrient deficiency or nutrient burn.

After some readings with the PPM pen I quickly found that the girl had plenty of food to eat, but she just isn’t eating. This can only mean a nutrient lockout. I’ve been pretty strict with pH levels so I’m not sure what could have caused it. I did a good corrective flush and now almost a week later and numbers are looking better, as well as the leaves.

So, that was fun. This was an actual problem for me simply for the fact that I haven’t run into a nutrient problem since I started growing around 6 years ago. Definitely kept me on my toes. Let’s hope for another 6 years of problem free growing.
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          You have to love a tent full of big frosty buds!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what experience teaches us what to look for quickly make changes by seeing something ain't right. Those look very healthy from my view. Beautiful grow

Week 7 Flower

The girls are starting week 8 in flower, so I scoped on the trichomes. Still no amber, but they look nice and cloudy. I’m gonna let them go a whole week and check again before I decide to flush. It’s very well these girls will go a whole 10-weeks. They are starting to show their fade, so I will be pushing them as far as I can while still waiting for the perfect time to chop. I personally like at least 20% amber before the harvest.
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Strange but I cannot click on the plant pictures and have them come up full screen as before. Some posts it works fine and some not at all.
          Wish I could see them more clearly. Nice grow for sure.

• SommerVirelli
          SommerVirelli commented
          Editing a comment
          JohnEmad I’m not sure if anyone else is having that problem. It seems to be working on my end 😕

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Think it's my browser. I use duckduckgo for years but lately it has been acting up due to...?
          Internet explorer worked fine.
          Love your grow.

Week 8 Flower

I gave microbes and tea the first day of the week and decided to switch to flush mode after that. There is amber showing itself and with my schedule, there will be only a couple days free for the chop. They are in the harvest window, tho if I had a choice they wood go for another couple of weeks. I will be able to give her one more week!

Next weeks update will be the last of flower, then probably won’t be another until after the yield is dried and weighed. I’ll sneak in some fresh chop pics for ya tho 😁
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful job SommerVirelli such a great grow, congrats.

• SommerVirelli
          SommerVirelli commented
          Editing a comment
          I might shatter my yield record. I’m excited 😜

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          Looks great! Nice and frosty

Wowzha!!! Absolutely gorgeous!
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Congrats on another great grow. A few of the colas are so big I had to go back to confirm you had topped the plants. I saw that you topped above the six node, which is higher than most top. I assume that this helps and may try in a future grow.

Comment

• SommerVirelli
            SommerVirelli commented
            Editing a comment
            The only real reason I did so high was because of the distance of the scrog screen. I’m still dialing in this new scrog screen and I may cut the legs a few inches shorter to close the gap a little.

Harvest

I: 6.00 oz. (170.0 g)

II: 6.63 oz. (187.9 g)

III: 5.46 oz. (154.7g)

IV: 7.03 oz. (199.3g)

Tent Total: 25.12 oz. (712.1 g) {1.57 lb}

1.5oz (44.5g)/sq ft

1.48g/w

Days in Flower: 61 (8w, 5d)

Days in Veg cycle: 8 weeks (64 days)*

*this cycle includes seed germination, seedling, and vegetative growth.

Last edited by SommerVirelli; 02-05-2021, 04:04 PM.
          Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Oh man i would be thrilled with that harvest. Boy those look great. Outstanding grow, congratulations

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I concur with your qualitaitve assessment, outstanding grow

Can't complain about that. Nice work! How's the smoke?
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• SommerVirelli
              SommerVirelli commented
              Editing a comment
              I went ahead and pressed 14g of the flower into rosin. It’s tastes a bit “green” but it’s expected going straight from drying to rosin. I’m expecting the hash to be much better. 🙂

Enjoy SommerVirelli you have certainly earned it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Congratulations on a great grow. 1.48 grams/watt is an impressive yield!. My autos are just starting to flower and every time I cut a few leaves off I worry. Just reviewed your defoliation and I think I can still be more aggressive. I notice that you did major defoliation twice. Is there an advantage to doing that versus taking a few leaves off every few days?

Comment

• SommerVirelli
                SommerVirelli commented
                Editing a comment
                I only do major defoliation to open up all possible bud sites to light and more airflow at the beginning of flowering. I believe it gives the flower sites the head start they need with the maximum amount of exposure that they need to develop. 🙂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X