• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rawtton Grow

Grow Journal - Rawtton by Ethos
    HLG550 R-Spec (480w)
    Gorilla 4x4 Shorty Tent
    Nutrients and additives: Nectar for the Gods, Photosynthesis Plus, Mammoth P, SLF-100, Cultured Biologix Teas, Bigfoot Mycorrhizae, Sonic Bloom.
    Homemade SCROG

Five female seeds have been placed into paper towel for germination. Only 4 of them will be grown out for flower. If all 5 survive, one of them will be cloned and be preserved as a mother.

Week 1 Veg (Monday, Oct 12)

All 5 seeds have broken off their shells. The seeds were placed into 4” pots and dusted with Bigfoot Gold Dust before covering up. The pots were placed into the Mother Tent until the main tent is ready.

Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Week 2 Veg (Monday, October 19)

This week has gone as expected. The one seeding that was flopped over did not make it. We germinated 5 seeds for this very reason. We knew only 4 of the girls would have made it to the Tent.

No nutrients have been introduced. Either this week or the next for sure. That goes the same for transplanting. They are still too weak at this point to transplant, but next week they should be ready.
    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 2 Veg Update (Friday, October 23)

Nearing the end of week 2, and I was able to transplant the girls into the Tent. I also made up the scrog screen. The HLG550 has been dialed to 50% power and held above the tops at 25”. I watered the girls in with a light feeding and a boost of microbes (Bigfoot Gold Dust, EZ Veg, SLF-100, Photosynthesis Plus, and Mammoth P).

I was given an unknown seedling to watch over. We are only babysitting temporarily but I have gave her the same treatment as the Rawtton girls with a transplant.
      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good so far great with the watering technique we learn through trial and error on those seedlings. I've had trouble with stretchers also falling over not making it. But good bit of support is all they need for a couple weeks and digging the roots in. I'm gonna look at this strain not ever heard of it, sounds like a indica LOL

I am now caught up posting my current grow. All updates will now be real time. Thanks for reading!
      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

I'm gonna look at this strain not ever heard of it, sounds like a indica LOL
        Yeah I’m a big fan of Ethos genetics. I’ve been chasing after a couple of very specific terpene profile for years and I’m hoping this strain might have one of these. I’m looking for a rotting berry smell and this could have it lol.
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Well it's gotta be better smelling than my Thai skunk it's curing and i ain't kidding it smells like pure Shitz awful and the smoke from it ain't much better smelling it.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn’t that the worst? The first auto I ever grew was called C4 and it’s freaking awful. Smells bad and taste worse. It’s actually a great head buzz to kickstart the day but I have to get myself mentally prepared to smoke it lol

Week 3 Veg

This week we can see one of our babies is a little spotty. This is most likely caused from the shock of transplant. She was the smallest of the bunch and probably wasn’t quite ready for transplant like the others. I will be doing some PPM checks later.
          Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Really nice looking grow and they look very healthy growing fast. Looked at those seeds and Ethos man how things have changed with breeding.

keep up good work mate will be followiog see how it goes with scrog

Comment

Week 4 Veg

Okay this last week we had a problem. There was some obvious deficiency going on with the two girls on the right side of the tent. I did some slurry tests and got ppm readings for all of them. The two on the right were literally starving. They were given a heavy feeding. This makes sense because the soil in those two pots were just used growing green beans and all the nutrients were probably used up from the soil. I didn’t have time to recharge or recycle. They should be on the right track now. I will continue monitoring ppm levels until it is corrected.
            Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Good catch and being observant to your plants. They sure look good from my angle
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Looking good mate

Comment

Update for Week 4 Veg

Today the girls were topped just past their 6th node. All other growth was removed, leaving just the first two nodes. This has made it a “4-way” grow style.
                  Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

keep us updated mate like to follow u done scrog before or sea of green

Comment

Week 5 Veg

I’ve decided to update the week at the end instead of the beginning. That way I won’t have to edit and add pictures. Anyway, the girls look awesome. They seemed to had a growth spurt right after the defoliation last week. Hopefully they keep it up. Nutes are in full effect and I’ll be adding and taking away as needed.

Also, our guest female (pictured in the smaller pot in the center) is no longer a guest. The guy it belonged to decided to pop some autos instead of getting it back 😂. That’s okay except I don’t know what strain it is and neither does he. But I was the one who gave him all the beans he’s been poppin, so I will know exactly what it is when it starts flowering. I will continue to keep it in mind but it will be separate from this grow journal.
                      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

@SommerVirelli nice grow you have going. Could you elaborate a little on why you removed leaves when you topped the plants? Defoliation is a challenge for me. I'm having a hard time understanding the how's and why's.
                        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                          9fingerleafs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The general benefit is that SOME strains are just too leafy but even when they are not, most strains (not the finicky ones) show a loss of apical dominance due to the need to produce leaves, meaning the plant responds similar to topping where The lower branches grow more, it's not always the case and it's has its downs like stunning the plant and slow growth rate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X