Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA420
    replied
    Awesome dude glad you had a success! Keep it growing! Peace!

Leave a comment:

• cyberaktif
    replied
    well this was a very successful round. this site is awesome with knowledge and super great people! already started the next round but with less plants. the first was just too many for just me. so now only have 3 going this next round. 2 green crack clones and one blue dream clone.
    once again this is an awesome place to be. learned a lot from this site and will continue to learn. thanks for everyones help during this first grow!!

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    replied
    Oops, forgot the pic, and I'm not even stoned.................yet😋

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    replied
    By the way, I've been running extension cord city this grow as I was adjusting on the fly, however I have a plan to run power to building. 30 amp breaker do the trick you think? My plan is to run my lights on 240 v also, in order to save some amps.
    heres a pic of one of the fans I mentioned earlier. Please excuse the wire bundle and I'll post more pics of my setup on my post. Cheers and happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    I ended up with the same problem of too many plants! Learning curve, will germinate less next time or discard / pass on any that I don't have room for. Thanks for the input about the condensation, I've been keeping an eye so far and it seems ok, fingers crossed. I plan to make a veg room also, and that's where I'll re-vent air to warm or cool before rerouting air to bloom room.
    I wish I went with 2 1000s vice the 600s, but that's how it goes right? Always want to try something new, or something I don't have! Lol
    I had a plan for a room, couldn't get off my ass to build it, so I germinated some seeds which forced me to build and play catch up!

• cyberaktif
    replied
    After much reading last night it seems like those might just be swollen calyxs. Even if the plant is female and does not get pollinated this process still occurs. It's just the plant prepping to make seeds. So I guess the freak out was for nothing. Like was said " all calyxs are different with every strain and pheno" All the little pods that were inspected were empty. I really need to get Ed Rosenthal's book back and re-read it again.
    Only one plant left to trim and that is the critical jack at 72 days since the flip to 12hr light. I took the day off from work to make sure this gets done today and not be up till midnight again only to get back up at 4:30 am for work. That is how it has been a few days a week after work. The weekend same thing. It's been only me trimming so the going is slow.

Leave a comment:

• cyberaktif
    replied
    Good morning Chowder ! Thanks for the compliments and nice words mister. Yeah this winter has been a really weird winter. One day cold as hell and snow, then the next warm and rain.
    I have not gotten my room ventilation done just yet. I didn't want to be cutting holes and have the mess onto the plants and I was running out of room fast so made due with what I had. One of the problems that will surface with me pulling air from the barn in the winter is that it will be 0* to 30* air going into the lights. The problem with that is that the air will condensate like a bitch and corrode the electrical connections over time inside the lights. I plan on pulling air from inside the veg room (warmer than barn), through the lights in the bloom room, and back into the veg room in winter only with a filter. During the summer it will vent right outside and remove hot air from both the rooms. Each room will have an exhaust for air exchange and heat removal to try and maintain a certain temp. Was just waiting for this round to finish to resume work on the rooms. Almost all connections I used a tee so there are options later and just block off the ones that are not used.
    I wasn't ready when these plants arrived. Yes please post pictures of your setup. Always looking for a better more efficient way to run everything. I'm thinking of running 600's instead of the 1000's on this next round. Really only wanted 4 plants max in there at one time.

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    replied
    Hey cyberaktif, congrats on the great grow and the awesome set up! I also built my own room in an outdoor building that is 10 x12. Inside I only have one grow room, 6x12, the rest is kind of like a boiler room where my timers, ballasts, reservoir , etc. I'm about 4 weeks out from harvest, hoping it goes well. My post is under first grow, first forum.

i can't help with your last question as I'm gaining experience and knowledge everyday.

But, I've read your awesome post and wanted to add my 2 cents on controlling room temp. I have been able to control heat/humidity quite well, even during the winter when it's been snowing one day, raining the next! Living in eastern Canada so winter is a mixed bag! The quick and dirty was that I used two low powered inline fans placed in my boiler room to either push air from the boiler over my HPS lights and vented outside. If it was really cold out, I could easily switch the fans to pull cold fresh air from outside over the lights, heating the air slightly inside the boiler room then it was pulled into the grow room with an adjustable 400cfm fan and then the grow room was vented with another adjustable 400 cfm fan to keep fresh warm or cool air moving in the room. Most times I had one fan pulling fresh air in over one light, and the other was pushing air out over the light. This ment that the only time I needed a heater was at night when I would turn the air exchange almost off so that my space heater in the grow could keep thing warm. Sorry for the long ramble. If your interested, I can post some pics, I heard somewhere there worth a thousand words.

the lights I'm referring too are two 600w HPS lights.

Leave a comment:

• cyberaktif
    commented on 's reply
    yeah right on ! i thought those were the buds or calyxs that were forming. The last two plants were the most dense of all the buds.

• cyberaktif
    replied
    so are these bud material that i'm seeing? they look like a bunch of tiny tiny grapes, when i popped one open there was a little white speck in there. almost like an early seed but don't know for sure. getting bummed that all my hard work isn't going so well at the end... i need to learn from this but need to find out what caused it to herm in the first place (if it did) in order to advance with knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• cyberaktif
    commented on 's reply
    this was cut at 70 days...wondering if i went too long?

• NA420
    replied
    Look for signs of an outer shell, or the classic pop noise during medication. Ive inspected my calyxes with the same curiosity and awe! So interesting to look at

Leave a comment:

• Green75
    replied
    All bud calyxs look a little different..

Leave a comment:

• intergalactic_harvester
    commented on 's reply
    dude, that IS strange....in my new guy eyes...
    can't wait to hear some answers on this one...

• cyberaktif
    commented on 's reply
    yeah the grow store didn't have any small hygrometers so left empty handed on that front. now i only leave it hanging for 3-4 days 5 at the most with the low humidity that has moved in the area.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X