• Show
Clear All

The stretch will continue

Plants look normal ...really good...

Comment

• cyberaktif
      cyberaktif commented
      Editing a comment
      cool...thanks for the reply. guess i'm just being impatient.

ok people i've got more updates coming but just ran into a snag!! It seems as when i was tying some branches down to open up the plant it split at the stem. It is about a half inch split right down the middle of the main stalk. should have, would have, could have not pulled so far cuz she was a tad stiff trying to lay it down further.
    Is there anything I can do besides hope for the best? I did try and close the gap as much as I could and tied them together with some soft coated wire for plants.

Comment

I'll get some pictures tomorrow after work of the damage done.

Comment

ok back at it.....a while back i said i would post the size of the rooms. The outside dimensions are roughly 15' x 15' with the 12' ceilings. The bloom room is 14' x 8' x 12' inside dimensions and the veg room is 14' x 6' x 12' inside dimensions. Still working out the ventilation system as I go.

Comment

Now let's do a little catch up to today's status....
          This is on the 20th.....and took one of the girls out from under the hps to see the real color of them...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3114.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	48945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3113.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	48946Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3115.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	48947Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3116.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	48948
          This is the end of the 3rd week of bloom.

Comment

A while back I had taken some cuttings and only 2 survived out of 6. Not a very good ratio but re-learning how to do cuttings. Really need to get a controller for the heat mat that is under the clone dome. The problem with not having a controller for the temp is that the mat will always try and keep it 10* above ambient temps. So when the veg room temps swing so does the mat. Would rather just have it set to one temp until the veg room is up and running at 100%.
            These are the 2 survivors...

Name:	IMG_3118.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	48952Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3117.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	48953
            I was having difficulty keeping the rooting cubes at the right moisture level as they would dry up like a damn crouton. That was because of the heat mat and more than likely me.
            These were 2 others that didn't make it...

Name:	IMG_3119.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	48954
            I was keeping it too moist or too dry...my fault with the learning curve...
            Also took some cuttings from the flowering plants to get my numbers up....

Name:	IMG_3120.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	48955

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you tried plugging your Matt to a timer so it turns on 15 min and then off 15 or 30. Then back on again. I've heard it works to keep things warm but not too much

• cyberaktif
              cyberaktif commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not tried that but seems like it should work. The lights are on a timer with a 18/6 on/off

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              In my opinion that's not the biggest problem you have. Something else is wrong and the plants are starving. The purple stem developed along the deficiency? Doesn't seem to be in all your pics. Fluid not being able to flow correctly causes the purplish and could be the source of the deficiencys. Causes variate from a problem in the roots. A ph problem. An EC problem or even a disease blocking the stem.

the 2 cuttings in the soil I think lived because I put them in there after seeing roots coming out of the starter cubes. Just didn't want them to die like the rest. will see if that was the right call.

Comment

1/23/17...Things are going good...

Name:	IMG_3127.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	5.59 MB
ID:	48959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3133.JPG
Size:	5.04 MB
ID:	48960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3132.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	5.79 MB
ID:	48961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3130.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	5.79 MB
ID:	48962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3128.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	6.19 MB
ID:	48963Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3129.JPG
Size:	5.88 MB
ID:	48964Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3131.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	5.64 MB
ID:	48965

Comment

1/26/17....
                Temps and humidity have been way up and way down with all the warm/wet weather we have been having. Someone needs to tell mother nature it's January and not April !! But these little gals keep trucking along....

Name:	IMG_3135.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	48970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3136.JPG
Size:	5.06 MB
ID:	48971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3139.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	48972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	48973Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3137.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	6.12 MB
ID:	48974Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3138.JPG
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	48975Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3141.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	5.59 MB
ID:	48976Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3140.JPG
Size:	5.70 MB
ID:	48977

Comment

1/27/17..... Here is the split that did happen when I was tying down branches to open them up a bit more...

Name:	IMG_3147.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	48980Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3148.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	48981
                  I did manage to close the gap a bit more, but afraid the ties will dig into the branches.

Comment

• cyberaktif
                    cyberaktif commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hmmmmm...believe it was middle of october when these were hacked off. Taken off the plant

• bobsakamoto
                    bobsakamoto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thank you!

• cyberaktif
                    cyberaktif commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yeah and it mended really nice even though i kept the wire on. figured it didn't have much time anyways. so far it hasn't grown around the wire ties.

Here are some down looking up pictures....

Name:	IMG_3149.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	5.04 MB
ID:	48983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3150.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	48984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3151.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	48985

Comment

1/27/17.... Pictures of the 2 surviving clones. They seem to be taking off and roots are really taking hold. I've started giving them nutes now instead of just ro water. They are loving it!!!

Name:	IMG_3155.JPG
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	48990Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3154.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	48991Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3152.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	48992Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3153.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	48993
                    It's time to start topping and training.

Comment

This whole time I have not checked ph or ppm. Just kinda winging it. The other day I purchased a ph test strip kit (for fish tanks) from the local grocery store while we were shopping. Tested the ro water and was 6.2 to almost 6.5. Guess that is not too bad.The house water is high 7 or so. What I really want is to test the soil's ph. I have little to no run off when I water so it's kinda hard to test the run off. . Each plant gets 1 gallon of water when it's time. So it's only 1 gallon they get, either water or nute water. Was watering every 3 days when younger but now it is almost every other day.

Comment

Plants look good! As far as Cloning goes i would throw some water in the tray forbat least the first 2 or 3 days. I personally don't use a heatmat my tray sits on wood which is a heat conductor when touched. Pour the water out after a few days and the roots will take the swan dive as the cubes dry out! Peace and positive vibes!
                        Perpetual setup!

Comment

• cyberaktif
                          cyberaktif commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks NA ! Learning all over again is fun. gotta get the cloning down so I can get into the cycle I want.

9fingerleafs commented
                        Yesterday, 02:30 PM
                        "In my opinion that's not the biggest problem you have. Something else is wrong and the plants are starving. The purple stem developed along the deficiency? Doesn't seem to be in all your pics. Fluid not being able to flow correctly causes the purplish and could be the source of the deficiencys. Causes variate from a problem in the roots. A ph problem. An EC problem or even a disease blocking the stem."
                        Yes I would have to agree with you on this. Was thinking of hitting them with some tea or VERY light nute water. All they have been given was ro water only. I was keeping them too wet as the dead ones I pulled apart the cube and the roots were a slimy mess in there and didn't look nice. A lot of my stems from the leaves are a purpleish color and have read it could be a calcium deficiency or could be because it's too cold for them too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X