Harvest and brown buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest and brown buds

Hi all, my three plants have been budding for a little over two months and I think they are about ready to harvest. However i have noticed that some of the buds on top of the plants are turning brown and look as though they have been burned. What can I do about this? Also I am not exactly when I should harvest and would love some advice on that. Thank you so much!
    Attached Files

I just harvested an outdoor plant. Had some of the same looking issues on a few colas. It's been really humid where I live and I battled WPM til the end. But bottom line unless you see some kind of insect, that looks kinda like bud rot to me. Take one off and separate it down to the stem if it's brown and you see a weblike material in there that's what I had. I am a relatively new grower and may be off on this but someone will come along and correct me if need be.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Spot on right, remove and discard any brown buds

First picture looks like bud rot to me - a severe one.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

For the right time to harvest, you want to look at the trichomes on the buds. The color of the heads will be your indicator of ripeness. General thought is 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear but over time you develop your own preference.

That does look like bud rot, are the brown buds mushy? Some of the buds still look healthy, but you should inspect for caterpillars and their poop on the leaves.

Comment

😭 damn another case of bud rot. I've only been on the internet for like three years so of course I see more of everything now but there has been alot 4sure.

here's a link to GWE article on rot .... https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...oblems/bud-rot
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I suggest taking them now because it's not going to get better and probably much worse. I lost an entire plant thinking I could save it with TLC. Eclectic group of surfboards you have there. I made boards for many years back in the 90's so I enjoy seeing people's quivers.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X