What happened to my colas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO What happened to my colas?

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Buds stretching out creating numerous tiny buds rather than tight colas. Buds are mostly stem.

It's super hard to see the pics but it looks like you don't or didn't have enough light making it grow like that (stretched nodes far apart) and some strains have a tendency to try to do it even with good light
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I think I can see 2 decent colas developing in one of the pics. The other one fits your description. It could be genetic and some of it is definitely the HPS causing the stretch. Did you use a Metal Halide bulb at any time during this grow? I used to almost always get excessive internodal spacing and stretch when using HPS exclusively through a whole grow so I started using MH for veg and for the first 10-15 days of flower and only using the HPS for the final weeks. Once I implemented the MH and more training the plants had a much higher tendency to keep the internodal spacing tight and create stacked colas vs a golf ball top and popcorn and larf everywhere else.

Comment

I used HO t5 florescent to veg and that worked really well. Plants nodes were tight and leaves were huge, switched to the hps when I switched to 12/12 , and then the stretch came and never went. I don't know I think it must be genetics mostly, but I assumed I was paying for good seeds.... well u no what assume gets you... It makes an.......... ass out of u and me

Comment

I don't know of any way to make em go back lol so you will just have to wait n see. From what I can tell they look healthy you'll just be tying them up alot to keep the tops on top. I only know this because I've been there. Good luck they should produce for you
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Fishmiser
            Fishmiser commented
            Editing a comment
            Won't have to do any tying because the buds are so small

HPS is more of the red spectrum which causes stretching. My advice, which i was actually told recently and feel dumb for not thinking of it, is to wait a couple weeks after flowering starts before switching to HPS. Since inducing flowering causes it to stretch on it's own, adding the red spectrum causes more stretching. I would on your next grow wait for the flowering stretch to happen then switch to HPS to minimize stretching.

Comment

I was a bit high here 😂👍🏻
            I would say it’s because of the HPS and the color. As tersky mentioned.
            If it’s possible move the bulb closer
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Fishmiser
              Fishmiser commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok. From what I understand, hps is the go to for big quality bud production...... The plants have grown/are growing too close to light. I can put my hand 6 inches from light comfortablely. Before I cut a hole in the roof of my tent to allow light to be moved higher, after bending and supercroping, the tallest plants/tops we're almost touching the cool tube glass the lamp is in.

Use sunglasses for your pictures to get rid of the lines. It's really hard to see anything with those in the picture.

Comment

i think its mostly genectics not saying light not affecting it i grew hps dual spectrum start to finish my nodes are tight but on my next grow just got mh for veg what i noticed is nodes are tight togher but there doesnt seem a lot of lateral growth let use know how it goes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X