Just looking for input 😊

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Just looking for input 😊

So first time grow here..I’ve asked a few questions now in this group. I’m growing two Pineapple Express & one Gorilla Glue.
    Started all three the same time outside. Brought them inside and started buying the basics I needed too. currently in the process of getting the grow room completed then will move them from my closet lol Right now they are day 38
    My questions is do they look good? when I started these I was just messing around. then decided what the heck. I could do this easily...maybe. lol. My GG just doesn’t grow like the PE. GG grows more like a tree ...I’m gonna post many pics and hoping y’all can figure out which two ones are PE & the one is GG....I have started LST on them day 5 now ..any advice and tips or anyone explain to me why my two PE grows normal like I see in many other grows but than my GG grows very differently ....So confused on that. Do they look good and healthy ? I’m just kinda like hope i’m doing okay here πŸ˜†β˜ΊοΈAny advice would be greatly appreciated

My advice, always label your plants so you don't have to guess which is which.

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood πŸ˜‹πŸ€ͺ

Umm two pe and one gg I don't smoke and I think I see four plants lol.... I'm gonna guess that two are indica which grow short and fat and the other are sativa which grow tall and skinny, now a days damn near everyone is a breeder and there are a million different hybrid strains out there and you can take 10 seeds from the same plant and have all ten grow a little different from each other.
      Your plants look like they could be getting a little to much water and causing them to get a little droopy and the smallest one looks starved for light but it could be overwatering as well. I'm just going by looks but many problems present with the same symptoms making diagnosis hard to do without all the details of what has happened in their lives. You can lookup the strain and see what % of your strains are indica and or sativa and by how they are growing to determine which is which... I think I at least touched on all your questions but feel free to add more and if I can't answer I'm pretty sure someone here will come along that can answer....
      Attached Files
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      πŸ‘‡my one n only journalπŸ‘‡
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

they look a bit small for 38 days but they will grow maybe move light closer feed when pots are light are u useing cannabis nutes if u started lsting keep all plants same height plants will grow diffrent but if u keep same height by training or topping u be ok mate i would also look into what meeasy said

Comment

Can’t thank y’all enough for advice and input!
          ☺️
          I have 5 growing in the pic. three I started just playing around which is why I think the growth is slow. I didn’t have anything but soil and some sunlight when I started the first three. Then I decided to start two more in case I had males in which by that time I had everything and the two are growing twice as fast as the first three. I’m hoping the first three I started will still be great.
          The leaves and such look droopy I think because I had just trained them, then took those pics. ...They normally are standing proud and tall But I see what your talking about in the pics. I water them every other day. basically when the soil gets dry...Hopes I’m doing that right. I do feed them DaKine420 Base & Grow and flush once a week ... I keep looking everyday for sex. I think I have two females. but of course i’m not sure what I’m looking at lol I’ll post some pics any input is greatly appreciated ☺️ Thanks once again for all the help.
          Also I’m trying to figure out if they are Auto or not. anyway of being able to know??

Comment

• sweetcass
            sweetcass commented
            Editing a comment
            Today is Day 42 for them

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            For the auto question......I’m not sure and did no research on your strains but from what I know 6 weeks + is a little long for most autos to veg. My NLxBB autos started to flower just under 4 weeks which was exactly what the online grow journals I’d found said for my strain.
            Some of what I’ve learned during this my first grow.....ph water, don’t slack on it. Have really good drainage and learn proper watering. Watering is super important to get right, I water to slight run off and then let dry ...... totally dry before I water again. I got off to a slow start too and since I’ve fixed my ph and been watering right (what I consider right anyway) I’ve had no problem and think I’m doing good. Really looking forward to the next run and want to see what I can grow when I don’t get started slow.

This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

I think it's a good idea to read through this and then as you go along follow it step by step. This will help you with setting up your room picking lights and all the way to harvest. You are looking in the right place for sexing but you have to wait until they go into flower the link below is the best article I've found on sexing. You are doing good so far they are healthy lookin and that's a win.

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          3 gallon pots all autos

Comment

Soo I have some updates and question.
            I Was wondering if being in too small of a pot will stunt growth?
            I have been training them for awhile now so they look smaller but they really are kinda on the small side of u ask me. They were not really in good light or soil or anything in the beginning as well. poor start for them. but they have taken off but still not as big as I figured they would be. so I have two PE I started two weeks ago in case I get males for back up. and they are takin off like crazy as u can see in just two weeks. Transplanted them yesterday and was thinking well Hell that’s prolly what’s wrong with my first three. they are still in 1gal Pots πŸ˜’ shame on me. I know

So my question is could the pot size be the reason why they are not growing as big?
            Also I did transplant them today into bigger ones. I did. it tie them down get for I think it would be too much stress on them. Letting them just relax and such.

Thank y’all for your input helps me so much! ☺️

Also I moved them to there new home I made ..2x2x5 tent. in the process of making a 3x4x5 one as well.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sweetcass; 10-24-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

They're all lookin good, pot size does make a difference on how big they can get the top can't grow bigger than the roots can support so more soil more plant. Lights will make a big difference in size as well as how fast they will grow. Plants need three things nutrients, light, and co2 in order to grow if they don't get enough or to much of any of the three they won't grow. I guess they need water to lol
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              3 gallon pots all autos

Comment

they look good u want them in 5 gallon pots also when u put them under stress give them a seaweed product on pics were tent is looks like u got space i would build bigger tent instead of 2 smaller ones mate max grow space

Comment

I've run both those strains and liked them. They both required a lot of support by about week 5 of flower. That said, I'm not a fan of running diff strains in the same space because they never, ever finish at the same time. If you have to space to dry outside of the tent then it won't be a problem to pull the early finisher and let the other go the distance.

Advice on watering. You should not need to water daily. Like ever. Water when the need it and not on a schedule. Feel the weight of the pot when wet vs dry. Lots of posts in the forums about that. Also, I've had some babies start out growing at different rates but they usually even out on their own.

Pot size impacts plant size. They'll grow to fit the pot and depending on your space you can actually use that to your advantage.
                  Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Hi y’all! Thanks once again for all the input/advice given. I do listen to all said and very much appreciated! ☺️

I do have a question this morning. been a question of mine for awhile now. I did some research last night, but found nothing ...πŸ˜’
                    My GG has been growing weird since day one. The leaves I’ve learnt are normal for them to be twisted and such but will work their way out as they grow which has seemed to be true. But the base/stem of the plant grows very differently. as do the stems....The new growth comes from th middle and they just seem to branch out ...it doesn’t grow straight up...more like middle and out from one point in the middle. very different than my PE plants..... As I posted the other day I had transplanted them into bigger pots so I gave them a day of rest b4 I started to tie them back down. I took a pic b4 I did to show how it’s growing. any input on this would be greatly appreciated ☺️

Aslo have noticed some of the leaves are different. it seems very healthy and happy. lots of new growth all the time. just weird differently shaped leaves and the actual stems grows are odd.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by sweetcass; 10-26-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Hello sweetcass , I think you just have yourself a mutant plant it happens from time to time. I don't know if I'm right about this shit but I look at plants like I do people, sometimes you plant two seeds from the same plant and they grow completely different and even will look completely different even as far as one will look indica other sativa. In my mind I think about a couple with two children and one will look like the dad and the other like mom. My kids are that way I've actually had people ask me if my kids have the same mom, they do. Anyways I'm thinking about all these plants that grow different and I think about how people do to some people are born with webbed toes or even with no toes, fingers, even without legs. I don't know if my explanation of this is right, wrong, or if it even makes sense to anyone else but it's how my brain works it out
                      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                      3 gallon pots all autos

Comment

• sweetcass
                        sweetcass commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kinda what I was figuring. So should I keep it, or let go?

• MeEasy
                        MeEasy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would keep it I'm growing one now that is not as weird as yours but it refused to grow up so without topping it it's only about 18 inches tall but now it's loaded with buds I had to put it up on a box so it's high enough to see the light

Big week for my plants! Got the 3x4 tent done and my new light. Hopefully the light was my issue with them not growing as fast
                      Since they are on day 54 now I do believe I’m gonna go ahead and switch them to 12 on and 12 off. they’ve been on 20 hr on ...unless y’all think I shouldn’t just yet. I know they are little but seems likes been veg forever and I thinks it’s been bc of poor lighting ....thoughts?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• MeEasy
                        MeEasy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would let them get used to the new light, then switch to 12s but they are lookin good so far. Just like 3 or 4 days to make sure everything is ok

Okay. Update and input on my babies. They’ve been on 12s for 4 days now. since I bought a new light they have def showed growth. So far they look healthy to me. But this is my first grow so, I’m not too sure how it’s going ..haha
                      Still looking everyday for sex. hoping I’ll know once I see it since i’ve done so much reading on it. I know they are still small but I still believe that was be they had a rough start. I’m hoping it won’t hurt how much the plant will make bud. I shall see I guess. πŸ™ƒπŸ˜Š
                      Attached Files

Comment

First grows are a real test of your patience. You will have plenty of time to get rid of male plants should you have them (hopefully NOT) You are doing fine, from what I see. Try not to love too much ha ha ha

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X