Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New grower , yellowing leaves and burnt tips

Hi everyone ,
    I’m a new grower , I’ve been interested for decades and now growing.
    Odd story, the plants were rescued when they were abandoned by the original gardener outside in central Ontario Canada. A groundhog attacked them in their original spot so they Got divided up to new homes.
    I got three about 2 feet tall and heathy in pots (one male got pulled) but I ran out out of summer and they were just starting to bud, here is where it gets interesting.
    I decided (with no experience or budget) to bring them in for another month or so, as frost was starting outside and they weren’t ready. After keeping them alive for the summer I was hooked.
    At that time of coming in one plant had 2 leaves showing initial symptoms, I think, over the last 3 weeks it’s gotten worse and moved to both plants. The last 2 weeks outside were pretty wet and my yard does not get much direct sun so they are smallish. That’s the back story.
    I set up my grow tent a 36”x36x80”
    Potting soil, one regular miracle grow, One organic potting soil
    4” exhaust fan working hard.
    Passive intake one tent vent open Approx 8x10”
    Mars TS600 led @12” seems to not burn just raised to 14” Anyway
    PH soil about 6.8 6.9 (I believe my water is ok ph about 6.5 but high in iron). I have testing and up and down trying to go lower.
    Struggling to get watering figured but trying to not overwater.
    Temp 73-75 (in American 😉) 5-10 degree less at night trying to keep humidity below 55 but it’s hard I will need more airflow.
    I’ve used “Bud Juice” 25ml with last two waterings.
    I figure they are about 3 weeks in flowering, strain is unclear.
    i have found a few aphids (Like 20-30 in a week) on a few leaves but daily hand removal seems to be keeping up at this point they are reducing.

Hoping to become competent , thanks in advance for any help. I have already found tones of info on GWE.com and learned a lot.
    Last edited by Smallgrow; 10-11-2020, 09:15 AM.
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Looks like they need some magnesium
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I would look for some agricultural epsom salt to help with a potential magnesium deficiency. the yellowing between the veins (inter veinal chlorosis) can be a symptom of a few things, magnesium deficiency being one of them.

Comment

Smallgrow, you done good. My advice: Get them ready to harvest and call it a win.

I have done the same thing in the past with outside plants. kept them growing, With age comes great color, taste & potency. The final quantity never changed much, great quality. Hard to get much more quantity when they were used to Sunlight, even with a small window.

If they were mine I would clip all the long stem Leaf off. Let her focus on the buds. Prepare to harvest. Plant new seeds & have plants To take their place In about 4 weeks when you harvest. That's my opinion. depends on your goals, what's your end-game? I love watching Buds mature. For me I concluded that I could spend a lot of time babying a few plants, or move on to the next generation, using The same amount of time on many plants. Happy Growing
        Perpetual Harvests
        Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
        Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
        2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

• Smallgrow
          Smallgrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking to harvest the tops and let the bottoms go longer Maybe more yield, I’m ok with some more CBD and Less THC too if that’s what happened, but maybe that unrealistic with my issues and experience level. Your advice about spreading attention to many is good. ya know, many eggs one basket...I will try a bit lower PH for next water hope it get more Mag if that’s what it is. Then see if it’s continuing in a few days. Thx

Smallgrow, You’re doing good. Enjoy, Grow, experiment. I find The hardest part is cutting the Beautiful plants that you’ve taken care of, watered, fed, grown used to. Seems a bit easier when Newbies suddenly Cry for attention, needing more room.

Seriously that is the hardest part about Growing Mary Jane.

The Harvest can only be weighed by your personal satisfaction. I might’ve smoked 1 Too many tonight Happy Growing
        Perpetual Harvests
        Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
        Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
        2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

Hi, Just thought I’d finish the story in case anyone was looking....
          I did manage to limp these girls to harvest.
          They came to me from a friend who was moving away as a trio, just starting to flower. Unfortunately these two where accompanied buy a male and they got pollinated so I guess I’m a breeder on my first grow, lol.
          I got about 80g of bud with seeds , it was pretty terrible when I harvested, but it’s miraculous what some decent curing will do and after a slow dry and long (like 6/8weeks) in jars at 60% it smokable, plus I have a nice stock off seeds from these two 🙄
          All in all not a total success but defiantly not a total fail either.
          Thanks for the help here and for this great site. I’m pretty sure I’m hooked , by now I’m deep into grow two, a second environment has been built etc.
          Game on ! Puff
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Smallgrow; 02-11-2021, 09:47 AM. Reason: Too many pics, Oops....
          KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
          Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
          Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
          Maybe some compost teas
          Blumat watering system
          Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
          3x4x6’ tent
          Photontek 465wpro
          6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
          Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X