Caterpillar clues with the bud rot blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caterpillar clues with the bud rot blues

Outdoor grow, SF Bay Area. North end of east bay. Did any one get hella caterpillar attacks? My guess was loss of potential land area due to all the recent fires.
    last year was not so bad. This year, I had to throw away at least half of my crop. 😥 All due to bud rot and caterpillar attacks.
    I was growing all new strains for me. Just wondering if this was common or strain related. ✌️
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

I am not on the left coast, but I too have been fighting bud worms. Now what I see is the BB3 is the most attacked plant/s with very little on 1 of the GG4s and a couple on a SSK. My thought is they do like some strains more than others. I go out daily and look for damage, then look for the critter! I dont find many, but I look anyway.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My Star dawg and blueberry Kush got hit hard!! The dark star Kush and snake oil were second. The jack Herrera seems to fair best with the bastardized bud eaters.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed that my plants that have a pine or citrus profile attracted more moths. Not a single caterpillar in my C-4.

I had a major battle with them INDOORS this year back in June or July. All it takes is one moth to get in and be left alone for a while.

Comment

I have not had a severe issue with them just a few. All these little brown butterflies landing on my plants all through summer i was wondering " are they laying eggs? or just like the taste of resins" not a single pillar at all. I been lucky must of been the smoke?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I harvested yesterday and noticed a couple of caterpillars, no visible bud rot, I thought I pulled them off yesterday but i noticed some this morning. I inspected every bud and pulled a couple more very small ones off. What are my options other than visibly inspecting the drying buds every day and pulling them off? If I freeze the buds to kill them am I messing up the curing process? I plan to use most of them to make hash.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are going to make hash anyway, then I can’t see a problem with it.
          It if you freeze the buds, and not going to make hash, you will damage the trichomes or at least they all will fal off pretty easily.

Freezing the buds will damage them and the trics.

Comment

I have 4 bucked autos in my freezer now. They're in Grove's fresh frozen bags waiting for a hash run.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X