Northern lights autoflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Northern lights autoflowers

Hi everyone. This is my first grow (3 plants, all autoflowers) and I need some advice.

My top buds seem to be done / almost done. The white hairs have turned a burnt orange colour and have curled in, but my bottom buds are nowhere near done.

I want to know if I can cut my top buds without killing my plants? Every forum I look at, they say yes but there’s always 1/2 people who say you absolutely cannot do it. However, I would like to hear your experiences.

I’m growing northern lights and have been growing outside/in my conservatory (no artificial light). I have been using biobizz products including their light mix soil. Thank you.

Edit: I haven’t included pictures of my 3rd plant as it’s the smallest and seems to be budding all at the same time. They still have a couple of weeks to go.

The bottom most buds won't become anything more as they didnt get enough light or were in shades of the other leaves during the cycle. Those wont get like the top most buds.
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Comment

Great looking plant !! I'm growing a Northern Lights also but it is photoperiod. Good or bad I have taken the tops off of my plants many times. But I am growing under lights in hydro. The plants kept on drinking the water and did continued to ripen. Good growing to all !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

Have you looked at the trichomes? The hairs are turning but the buds don't seem ripe. If you have not you will want to because I think you can let em fatten up a bit more and looking at the trichomes is the most accurate way to tell when ripe. Here's a couple pics I'm pretty sure you have probably seen but helpful if you haven't seen em. Also if you don't have a way to magnify them you can download an app for your phone I have one called "cozy magnifier and microscope " it works alright to see and photograph the trichomes but a jeweler loupe or digital microscope is much better
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I have harvested tops before and let the rest grow for another week or 2. Until they ripened more.

I really dont think your tops are done enough for me personally. I would wait till most of the bottom ones have brown hairs too. I dont have a jeweler's loop so..
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X