Coming out of the closet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Coming out of the closet

Hey guys/gals I am lookin to come out of the closet 🤣. I was wanting to ask y'all about tents. I've never had one except for camp tents and they're not very light proof lol. I'm wanting a 4x4 or larger and I don't need a Nike swish on it, but I don't want one I'll have to cover with duct tape because it leaks light at every seam. Might actually be better to know which ones not to buy..

Thanks in advance 😎
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Vivosun are fine tents to veg in but they’re shitty flower tents. I have blackout curtains that go from the ceiling to the floor that I pull shut around my flower tent. When it’s zipped up there’s little beams of light coming out all over the place

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      I always start in one tent, a few autos while vegging some photos. Comes to a point that those autos hog all the light, oh the struggles lol

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Getting ready to put the autos in my tub if we don't get some elbow room. If we didn't live where we do, I'd have a tent big enough to put a recliner in there with them.

• bboyfromwayback
      Editing a comment
      Lol that would be handy

I have a 4x4 " IPower" that's what the outside says. I like it OK no issues with the light leaks. Only thing i hate and lots of folks say this with larger tents is the one door flap. Always always gets hung up zipping. I finally cut and modified the part of flap that keeps getting hung up zipping. I like the 2 door zippers or i really like my 3x3x6ft it's a trooper.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm super happy with Gorilla tents. Zero light leaks.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Good choice! If I ever upgrade I’ll definitely spend the extra money and make it a one time purchase. Well worth it

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm super happy with them. This is my second one. Built like a brick shithouse.

I have the DR90 Secret Jardin tent. Had my son walk round it with an led torch while I stood inside, found no light leaks. Comes with space booster poles and connectors that fit just below half way down the tent. Designed to help prevent tent sucking in and are each removable individually as the connectors for the poles are open on top side, just lift them out. Reasonably priced too.
      3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
      Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
      Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
      Couple of fans for airflow
      First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
      Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
      Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

It all depends on how much you want to spend.
        Cheap but effective - Vivosun, Viparspectra, Mars-Hydro
        Reasonable but nicer - Secret Jardin, Gorilla Lite
        Expensive but real nice - Gorilla

Comment

I have a 4x4x7 Virtual Sun. It does the job. I've had it for 9 years and is still leak proof.

Comment

All I've ever used are Gorilla Grow tents. Started off with the 2.5x2.5/6 Lite line. Gave that tent to my son and switched over to a 3x3x8. Now I'm setting up a 4x4x8. The 3x3 will be the auto tent and the 4x4 will be the photo/fem tent. No light leaks...ever. Spendy but worth it, IMHO.
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

All Tents are kinda a gamble i got the VIVOSUN Horticulture 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with observation window and Floor Tray now it was light proof but ive seen reviews where others had pokes in theirs.

Mine Actually had a tiny hole behind the sewed on tool bag now it did not effect the tent in any way but i complained and asked for a new one cause it was $180 tent and instead of sending a tent they offered a partial refund for $100 So i basically got a nice big tent for $80 which was a steal as the little hole behind the tool bag was so small and hidden that it did not actually effect the tent it self.

Also light comes out looking from the outside makes it look as if their is light leaks but if you close the tent and sit on the inside their is no light leaks on mine as i said it's a gamble even with the top gorilla brand all Tents can ship with issues.

But i do like my vivosun tent and vivosun is a good company and gave me good support on a bunch of their items they have not failed me yet i have had my tent for 2 to 3 years and its still perfect you can also buy extra hanging bars on amazon for cheap.

Attached Files

Comment

I have a few unbranded tents and they all work well for me so far. I found each one on eBay. My oldest tent is one of my 4x4s at just over 2 years I think, no rips or leaks and I only paid $45 for it. My 2x2x4 was shortly after and was only $35 roughly and the only issue is the reflective part right by the bottom of the zipper between the door flaps. My other 4x4 is maybe just over 1.5 years old and paid about the same, $45. It's damn near impossible to find a 4x4 for that cheap any more. And my newest is about 10-12 months old, paid about $205 for an 8x8. No complaints on any of them. Little or no light leaks from what I see. The big one has a velcro flap on the bottom for the intake air that my dogs got to and messed up so the light leaks in a little because I haven't fixed it yet. It's my flower tent but it's been that way for a couple months now I think and it hasn't affected anything yet so I've left it and so have the dogs. Like a few others said though, it really depends on what you want to spend.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X