Cannabis grow books - any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis grow books - any suggestions?

I'm in need of some new reading material and thought to ask if any of you has some suggestions.

I've read a fair share of Cannabis grow books and if I had to narrow down my favorites, they would be:

For the grower just getting started - Cannabis, A Beginners Guide To Growing Marijuana by Danny Danko (former senior editor at High Times)

For the intermediate to advanced grower - Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorge Cervantes (Grow legend)

For people interested in breeding - The Cannabis Breeders Bible by Greg Green (he also wrote an excellent grow book too)

Interested to hear if you have any recommendations.

The two main books i have used are Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible for quick reference and basic to intermediate knowledge (really use GWE for basics mainly) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/18...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook: Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation for advanced topics https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: I m not trying to sell btw just posted link so you could look at books
    Last edited by Tersky; 09-30-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Tersky Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't tried any of the ed Rosenthal books yet. I know he has done some recent ones on concentrates, but that isn't really my thing. Ed is a legend in the Cannabis world though, thank you for the links too, I might have to pick that one up. Cheers!

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        It's definitely more in depth. It was hard to kinda read some parts as it reminded too much like a textbook and my eyes would just start gettin' heavy lol. It is more sciency but still great info. Goes in to depth on everything from growing to cannabinoids and the effect on the body to terpene profiles ect. Full disclosure, i still have not read all of it yet and i've had it for years.

The Cannabis Encyclopedia definitely reads like a textbook. I fully understand the "eyes getting heavy" bit. Took me about a month to get through the 600 pages of that beast. I think that a lot of his info from the other books he did were compiled into the Encyclopedia. It's great, but you better like textbooks Luckily I do, I also read volumes of boring studies, because there is scientifically validated information in there.

The Danny Danko book was such a nice and easy read, only took me two days to finish that one. Really is a great book for starting out.

Comment

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        I refer back to Jorge’s Cannabis Encyclopedia often, but it is pretty damn dry! Super Informative though, and that bud on the cover!♥️

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        I want that bud on the cover!

I really enjoy Ed Rosenthal's blog "The Guru of Ganja". You can scan through and read whatever interests you at the moment. Just read his blog on collecting kief last night.

Comment

In general, I am a physician and we were taught this at the university. I can't tell you. It's like a medical secret . Somehow I was asked to write a letter from Birmingham Jail essays, I found a great site where I got useful examples. This is how my college education went. Maybe you will find there information on this issue for yourself. Look anyway.
        Last edited by AngelaLifman; 12-31-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Ran into this site offering many seldom seen books on cannabis and several other somewhat related subjects.

Smoke No Evil I wrote this book to document what I have learned in over 50 years of research and lab testing about the true and completely concealed cause of so-called “smoking-related disease” tha…

Comment

Wow I remember marijuana botany. Had that memorized back in the day.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Who needs a Grow book. All the info you ever gonna need is right here. Just go through Nebula's tutorial you'll learn everything you need.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hats off to you kingfish got alot of new forum members preaching to the choir a new tune.

Thanks for the book recommendations. How many of you read after smoking weed? I'm just curious. Well, I've been on this Colleen Hoover journey lately, and let me tell you, it's been an emotional rollercoaster.
            It all started when I picked up "It Ends with Us." I mean, wow! The way she weaves complex emotions and real-life issues into her stories is something else. I couldn't put it down, and it left me thinking for days.
            Then came "Ugly Love," and I was hooked all over again. Hoover has this knack for creating characters you can't help but root for, even when they're dealing with some heavy stuff.​

Comment

Ahhhh...wut? Digging pretty deep into the topic threads? 4 years old and the last post was 2 years ago. And what in the heck are you blabbering on about?
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

ReedLarc time to lay down what you put down
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X