Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

150 days of work, hundreds of dollars in supplies, all for NOTHING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150 days of work, hundreds of dollars in supplies, all for NOTHING!

Hey GWE community! Just went out to find my plants basically on the verge of death after an intense spraying of Neem oil due to spider mites. This is what I get for putting in 150 days of work and tons of money in materials and nutrients?! Fuck that bullshit! You all can have it! I'll stick to spending a couple hundred bucks every couple of weeks to buy it from a local shop rather than putting myself through the absolute torture that is growing pot! I'm glad you all enjoy it. I really am. I DON'T! It's a giant pain in the ass for very little in return. What, I saved myself $20 over buying it?! Because after you factor in electricity, nutrients, materials and labor, you're spending way more than $200 an ounce! So I officially give up! Could have been different but the universe really f'ing hates me! I wish you all luck. I'm gonna go try to find a way to keep from blowing my brains out after this! Later all!
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Ouch, sorry to hear that. You definitely win some and lose some in this game, but hopefully lessons can be learned along the way. The hobby is addictive, I know you'll be back and when you are, your IPM game will be tight, fuck those little buggers.

Comment

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm good. Best of luck.

There is only one way and that's back on your horse and put it behind you.
    Is indoor growing an option for you instead?

Comment

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      This is an indoor grow.

I know your upset and I know it sucks but I bet there not dead. I've used neem in the past it does make them look dead but they will bounce back at least they did for me. It really is hard to kill weeds. I've been using this doctor zymes for my bug problems and it seems to be working great and you can spray all they way up to harvest. I've had all my tops and leaves just completely wilted and they came back like dead dead looking. I'll get some pics if I can find them. Might even be on here.

Comment

Dont give up just yet, they can be tough little girls. ISO 50/50 with water works as well as any other spray and has not harmed any of my plants. Also neem oil should never be used on buds.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alcohol and water solution is the best treatment I ever gave my plants. Work better than neem oil for sure

Yes you YELL at the little bastards they deserve it and then some. Then go for a drink and smoke when you come back the girls will be there for you to talk it out. Rwise is right alcohol will wash off all that shit and do it every other or third day (no longer between) three times total and the mites should be gone, if you don't repeat they will be back for sure and mite (pun intended) come back anyways.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I totally understand the frustration, and empathize with you.
        The borg really are the worst. If you really want to spend your energy on something else I understand.
        But , if you really enjoyed growing the plants, don’t give up!
        my first indoor, I bought infested mystery clones from the reservation and moved them into my basement. I fought them All the way to a 4 weeks early harvest. Once the plants were removed from the house I spent Almost 2 weeks decontaminating before starting again. I now have a preventative pest control plan to ensure that if any pests make it into my space, that they can’t get established to destroy my work.
        You can do this!! If you still want to that is
        Condolences either way...

Comment

• lalaland
          lalaland commented
          Editing a comment
          MeEasy- Is that question for me or Ellz?

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          lalaland it is to you. The way you described your 1st grow it was almost word for word the same as a friend of mine named Kaitlyn so I thought I'd ask if it's you

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy crap sometimes I love the comments on this forum 😂👍🏻

I’m so sorry to hear that 2 of us had that same experience !
        My name is Leigh-Anne (LaLa is a childhood handle)
        I hope Kaitlin has made it through the worst and learned as much as I did in the process. That old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, really does hold true in this hobby!

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          lalaland you just put the at symbol "@" in front of the person's screen name, and you can click the quote instead of the comment button. That puts whatever they said on top of your post

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          lalaland use the @ and then their name.

• growell
          growell commented
          Editing a comment
          opbbbbw

MeEasy thanks so much!

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          lalaland, took me a while to figure that out. Guess I should of just asked.

Rwise thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lalaland View Post
          MeEasy thanks so much!
          Yep you got it... and if you click quote it looks like this
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post

Yep you got it... and if you click quote it looks like this
            Awesome!! Thanks again. Kept trying different things figured I’d get it eventually. Sometimes you just have to ask for help😂

Comment

I watched a you tube video of a guy who did the exact thing with neem, thought he'd killed his plants but they are not dead. Ugly but salvageable.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

ellz If it makes you feel any better, I spent a ton on my first grow (including over $300 for an Aergogarden and $350 for terrible LEDs from 2008) and I never even made it to flowering. My second attempt was equally expensive and lost all 3 to root rot. I had another plant that Nebula accidentally fell on and killed.

I promise, once you can get to harvest, it's an amazing feeling and worth the work. Even if you don't like the process, harvesting a bunch of cheap weed is just great. Also, every grow past your first gets cheaper since you're paying for materials the first time. Growers don't talk about it, but we all make mistakes and sometimes we lose plants. In fact, a lot of the "problem pictures" on our website are our own plants. 😅 Don't beat yourself up; hop back on that horse as soon as you feel like it!

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes we all make mistakes, one of mine this year is not re reading the instructions, then giving 7 weeks worth of feed in 3 weeks, the girls did complain, then I read it oops.

how do u put what growing on your comments meeasy mate

Comment

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's in your settings, in the "signature" option.

• buds73
                  buds73 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have to click on profile then it's in account tab scroll down you will see signature. Took me awhile to find it and asked the same question in one of the sticky posts but it never got a reply lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X