Dry amendments options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry amendments options

I've been looking into different options for plant nutrition for my next grow. Currently I'm using Technoflora liquid nutes with a mixture of FFOF and nectar of the gods potting soil. More I read about dry amendments and living soil the more I like to try them. Gaia Green isn't readily available in my neck of the woods. Does anyone know of any other brands that are available in the US? Maybe Dr. Earth? Any other tried and trusted brands for living soil?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

I amend my soil mix with Growin Green and water only until week 7. I'm an old and like to K.I.S.S. Organic soil auto grower.

Comment

Depends on where you are in the USA? I know a good source if you are in Oregon. Concentrates.com you will find what you need there. Usually in 50 pound bags but will be cheaper than buying amendments in a small box with pretty pictures on it. If you don’t need much because you want to try it and see how you like it Buildasoil.com is the place to go then there is also KISORGANICS.com those are my sources for getting something shipped to me but if I lived in Oregon I would buy bulk from concentrates. Hope that helps. Once you try the quality of living soils you won’t ever go back to bottled nutrients. I recommend the mix I use the Clackamas soil mix. Look it up it’s simple and very few amendments and for the price And quality it’s a no brainer.

Comment

I use Roots Organics base, grow, and bloom 3 part gooooogle it

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. Im on the east coast (new England). Ive seen Root Organics locally.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I've used the Roots Organic lines including the dry amendments before. The ratios of nutrients are great and I was happy with my results. The one drawback I personally have with the dry amendments (pretty much any brand) is that they clump when watered and over time can cause a hydrophobic layer or crust on the top of your soil. Dry nutes are cheaper to ship, easier to store and stay good for some time, but I still prefer my bottled nutes for now. If I was outdoor and mixing soil, I would definitely use dry amendments as part of that mix before filling the planting hole.

Comment

I found a premixed amendment on eBay for pretty cheap. Did a 2 cubic foot bag of soil each container, and the only other thing I had to buy was worm castings. Good way to go I think if you're just wanting to give it a try.

Comment

PLreef to much damn wind today for a putt so here I am lol... I just started using a dry amendment called earth dust, you just mix in a bit with your used soil and it makes your soil living soil and then two more doses top dress during flower of course you can give it a little tea for some extra if needed. I just started with it and I'm in flower now so can't tell you how it will finish. Here's the link to the co it's a small place that has developed their own products. My understanding is this is like the gaia green I've never checked into that stuff because I live in the US as well.

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                3 gallon pots all autos
                Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                👇my one n only journal👇
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Thanks MeEasy. Ill definitely look into them.
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X