Should I snip large upper canopy leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I snip large upper canopy leaves

Hey guys, noob here. I’ve topped my plant but I still have 2 massive leaves blocking light to the rest of my plant. The lower and middle part of the canopy has a lot of growth but I think it would come along a lot better if it had more light. Should I snip the two leaves at the top to allow more light to the rest of the plant?
    Attached Files

Should be fine to snip if the plant is healthy and growing. How many weeks in veg?
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

A pic would be helpful
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Pics up. It’s been vegging for about 5 weeks now. I’ve messed up quite a few times because it’s my first grow. It definitely seems to be healthy now though and it’s been growing very fast over the past few weeks. I plan to veg it for another 2/3weeks and then switch The light cycle

Comment

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          After seeing pic, I would keep them for little longer. They do more good than harm.

• sgiacomo
          sgiacomo commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d keep them

I'd leave them. You don't have too many as it is. Ride it out for a bit and let it veg. If they really bother you take and fold/ tuck them under the other leaves.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

You've been doing a lot to your plant in five weeks. What kind of seed are you growing: auto-feminized, feminized, or regular? Each has it's own timing schedule for veg and flowering. You might want to plan on longer than 2-3 weeks before flipping, if you have the choice. The plant might need more time to grow.

The following link is invaluable.

Controversial defoliation can increase your yields dramatically indoors... but removing leaves is for advanced growers only! When done wrong, defoliation can kill your plants!
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Danielhbonnie
              Danielhbonnie commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s a feminised royal gorilla. I originally thought it was an auto but then it got to 3 weeks and didn’t start flowering. I didn’t understand how to top it properly and I did it too late. I Also underfed it at the start and it also got wind burn. I then overfed it a few weeks later. I think I’ve got to grips with the feeding now. I have a more powerful light system arriving tomorrow so I think I’m going to give it 2 weeks under that and then flip it. Hopefully it will have developed a few good spots where buds can grow by then. This is probably a stupid question but is it too late to start LST? Because of all the mistakes I made I didn’t want to put the plant under any more stress at the point where I should have started LST. Now it’s a bit healthier I think it could take it but I’m not sure if there’s any point now.

I noticed your plant is sitting on a box. Any way to lower the light more? I feel like you should have a little more there for 5 weeks, even with experimenting. What size and type of light is it? For the cheap blurple lights, I've found that about half the distance the manufacturer recommends is actually closer to where they should be. It looks really purple to me so I'm assuming a lower wattage, maybe 600W? I think mine said something about 2 meters for veg and that was way too high. My 1200W in my 2x4x5' tent are closer than that, and there's 2 of them in there. Just saw the box and got me curious really.

Comment

• Danielhbonnie
              Danielhbonnie commented
              Editing a comment
              I currently have a “200w” ufo led light. I’ve put the plant on a table now so it’s closer to the light. I also have a more powerful light arriving tomorrow.

Originally posted by Danielhbonnie View Post
            Hey guys, noob here. I’ve topped my plant but I still have 2 massive leaves blocking light to the rest of my plant. The lower and middle part of the canopy has a lot of growth but I think it would come along a lot better if it had more light. Should I snip the two leaves at the top to allow more light to the rest of the plant?

You can always bend, tuck or tie down. I'll soften fans up with hemostats on my autos to facilitate tucking. It doesn't slow or stress them at all.
            Not for nothing, if it's inconvenient to turn off lights, you can shoot through your grow glasses for better clarity.. Good luck.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X