Bud rot, or nothing to worry about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud rot, or nothing to worry about?

Hi All. First time grower, thanks in advance for your expertise. I’m growing an outdoor photoperiod strain of Shishkaberry. I live in Livermore, California. One of my buds is beginning to turn brown. Is this bud rot, and does this mean it is time to harvest? I thought harvest would be around mid October. We have yet to see temperatures below 80 highs and 55 lows, and it isn’t moist outside in the AM. We even have a few 100+ days coming up next week.

It does look like bud rot is it just on that 1? you should cut that off to stop the spread. doesnt look like your ready for harvest yet alot of white pistils cant see your tricomes are they clear or milky amber? their what you need to check to know when to harvest.

Comment

It's possible you have a bud worm developing in there. It's actually not a worm but a caterpillar. I've had a few this season and everyone I know who has an outdoor grow here in California has had them to one degree or another. There's a small tan colored moth common here and because of the above average rains last year there is a lot of them. You can remove the bud and dissect it with some tweezers. They can be tough to see because they caterpillar takes on the color of the plant. One way or the other it is advisable to remove that bud.

Comment

I would fold over the bud at the brown section and inspect for a worm or signs of mold.
        It'll be pretty obvious which is the culprit.
        If it's bud rot, I would remove the infected bud as well as any others showing damage.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks all! It was a bud worm. After closer inspection over the course of 30 minutes, I located another 5 and removed them. Sprayed with Monterey BT. I will inspect for worms twice a day and spray with BT once a week. Any advice on washing the plant (plain water, or lemon juice, or baking soda, or combination)? I’m seeing some worm poop as I inspect. Also, Any general idea of when Harvest would be? I will be watching the trichomes, but having a general sense always helps.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X