Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does flushing in prep for harvest result in the leaves starting to yellow, quickly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does flushing in prep for harvest result in the leaves starting to yellow, quickly?

Hello, two days ago I flushed one of my autos b/c I believed I had nitrogen issues. A few of the leaves were looking sickly. See 1st pic of those leaves. Well, two days after I flushed, and now, several of the leaves look like those in the pic.

I just read an article on flushing, and it says that after flushing, the plant will start to turn to the leaves for stored nutrients. So, perhaps that's why several of the leaves look like those in the 2nd and 3rd pics pic. 11 leaves are yellowing 2 days after flushing.

The plant isn't ready for harvest as not many of those hairs have darkened yet. I sure hope I'm not screwing up my plant.
    Attached Files
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Good morning,

The leaves in the first picture don't appear to be suffering from nitrogen deficiency or burn, as far as I can tell.

When it comes to flushing, it's true that the plant will turn to stored nutrients if you're not providing any nutrients (flushing). This will result in leaves turning yellow and falling off, usually starting with leaves at the bottom of the plant and working its way up.

I don't have any experience growing in soil so I can't really recommend what to do specifically in terms of next steps. But after looking at the second photo, the thing that stands out to me is that even green leaves are drooping/cupping inwards -- without knowing more details, my best guess it that the plant may be overwatered.
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

It's definitely not being over-watered. I don't water until the pot is feather-lite.
      AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
      Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
      Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system
      Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

The leaves look spent to me. Have you been feeding it any nutes? Leaves look hungry

Comment

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, every other time.

I'm thinking they look warm and sweaty root wise droopy leaf. You have Epsom salts? When all else fails for me i will stop nute feeding and do a epsom salts wash in the roots. This is my recipe to help fix soil overload with bloom feedings. 1 tablespoon of epsome salts per gallon of water until you see clear runoff from bottom. Then allow to dry like you do normally don't just feed it cause calendar says so must look at plant see IF it needs food. They store it in their roots for a few days from my experience. Some strains just can't take every other time feedings, they like less even if it's the same strain they get fussy.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          I only add nutes 1/2 strength or so.

Discoloration and dying of the fan leaves is normal for many plants in flowering. All the nutrition is going into making buds, not leaves. Flushing is meant to get rid of any residual nutrients in your plants. The leaves turning yellow, orange, red, and dead are basically are signs of the plant flushing itself and using up all it's nutes. At this point, many people use molasses to help fatten and sweeten the buds. In my opinion, molasses doesn't need to be flushed. Unless you changed something other than stopping nutes, don't do anything different. What's happening is not the norm, but it is very common.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. I stop feeding nutes after week 6 and only use molasses from then on. The leaves let you know when it’s ready after that. Usually once all the leaves turn yellow there’s enough amber tris to satisfy me

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          I incorporate an unsulfured molasses in my feedings, too. I think I'm going to be OK.

This looks a little similar to my WW autos that are 4 weeks into flowering. Have you checked your runoff pH? In my case I think I was going too light on the nitrogen and one plant got taller, stretchy and yellowish in the top branches but OK on the bottom branches. I found this useful: https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-cannabis-leaves-yellow

Most of my bad leaves are at the bottom and think it's natural. And I think your problem looks a little different than mine. Good luck!
        3x3' space in back of closet
        VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
        Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
        Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
        Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
        1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          My plants are 2 days from being a month into flower. One plant, the one I haven't been lamenting about, looks like yours. Those white hairs look like mine. Still white and straight. The plant that this post is about, all the hairs have curled inward, as their supposed to, and are starting to turn brown, also as their supposed to do.
          I have checked my pH in the recent past, and it looked fine.

• Cheesy
          Cheesy commented
          Editing a comment
          This is definitely a case of the blind leading the blind, but 2 gallon pots seem pretty small for us rookies. I know people do it but...

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Next year I'll be using my 7gal fabric pots to be sure. If you knew the troubles I had w/ my last two grows, you'd think I was killing it, this year! lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X