Staged Harvest and Solar Quick-Dry Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staged Harvest and Solar Quick-Dry Results

I had a bout with the "Screaming Meemies" last night (anxiety) and decided today to begin my Alaskan Purple harvest. I selected the smallest, larfiest cola. I then plucked the buds off of the stem and into a baking pan. I'd set up my solar oven and put the buds in about 4;30 p.m. I had the lid propped open, to facilitate airflow and prevent cooking/decarbing my bud. It's a common dehydrating technique in the solar cooking world. I bet there are tons of stoners who have regularly done this but just never bothered to share online.

I just collected the bud at 7;30 p.m. and vaped the smallest one. My Alaskan Purple is potent, although I may be detecting a hint of raciness. I may just have to devote a portion of my harvest to isolating the best practices...

A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Ooh. Dehydration. The D word. Good idea going with the vape instead of burn. There are one gallon bubble bags you can use to get hash out of smaller amounts. And let's not forget my favorite, blasting. You can hash or blast fresh weed for another one of my favorites, live resin. I have a tube that holds an ounce and one that holds a few grams for quick quality checks.

Do it dudebroman BR2K . One of them, anyway. Patience is a maternal fornicator and only virtuous to suckers. There are ways to circumvent patience.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Hey BR2K was just having a look at your post and saw that you are harvesting Alaskan Purple. Due to still waiting for seeds to arrive from overseas, I have some clones coming this weekend for my next grow, two of them Alaskan Purple. I only found out yesterday and havent had much of a chance to do much research on them. Do you have any advice/tips that you might want to share for the grow? Cheers.
      3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
      2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
      6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
      4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
      Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
      3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
      Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
      ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        Knock on wood, it's been the easiest of all 10 plants I've grown. One seed dropped, one seed popped.

• newbutoldgrower75
        newbutoldgrower75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that BR2K, looking forward to seeing them grow, beautiful looking plant. Cheers

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X