photo copier effect rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo copier effect rant

I am so sick of California genetics. Most are so burned out they are useless. This time year I usually run out of smoke. Mine is still weeks, some months out to harvest. All the dispensary pot sucks and is very,very expensive. All Ca. genetics and grown indoor from clone. Now even the street weed is same indoor clone crap. It's all the same I don't care what they call it. It all comes from same gene pool and the clones are tired. Photo copied to so faded can't get high on it. All they care about is uniformity of looks and smell. I hear some young uns care more about how the bud they bought looks on face boob than how high they get. This is why I grow. I cant buy what I like. Not even on the street anymore. It is al the same anymore and the candy names are the worst. One can't buy landrace to smoke anymore. I only grow clone I make from seed grown plants. Next year will only grow regular seeds for better genes. Commercial cloning is killing good weed. Have not had good buzz in weeks only clone crap available. Shit!!! Drink another beer.

My ex wife's boyfriend is a hopeless cannabis snob that bases his opinion of weed on how much he pays for it and how cool the name sounds. He seems to think that growing in indoor controlled conditions with high tech nutrients produces the best weed and outdoor grows are inferior in every aspect. About 2 weeks ago I gave him a joint of a blend I made from Super Glue & C4. I guess he begrudgingly smoked it Thursday night and Friday I got a call from him early in the morning carrying on about how he wants more and that it was some of the best he'd ever smoked. He came over to pick some up and was having a meltdown over the size and quality of bud this old dirt farmer was putting out. God I love taking snobs down a peg. I understand though that commercial growers just can't put the kind of time and effort into their product like we can. This is why we grow. Right?

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      I gave some of mine to one of these weed snobs and was accused of putting LSD on it. Stupid!! and me really pissed!

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah! one for our side!

• Mazzariman
      Mazzariman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha! I can relate to that. I had a plant (I'll call her Frosty Girl for lack of a "Professional" name), that finished early this year. When I tried the stuff I felt like it was a very hallucinatory high. Found myself just staring off into a blank tv screen and just tripping! Realized it and was like, WTF! Maybe I'm doing something wrong with my feeble attempts at breeding. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep working harder. It still irks me when I see Indica in a "Name" and the pics show thin leaf plants. My Indica plants have super wide Maple type leaves. Same with the word Kush. The dang word came from the Hindu Kush mountain range, where they grow Indica (wide leaf) and not Sativa (thin leaf). I got no problem with hybridization and naming, but let's not just make it cool by liberally associating it with a certain name. Still, if those snobs ever had the chance to try the real Purple Kush, Mazar-i-Sharif, or Afghani of old, they'd probably not like it! Too strong! I'm glad lots of folks here are growing/breeding on their own. IMHumboldtO

You got my vote. I'm in Cali and only went to a dispensary once about 7 years ago. Didn't think it was anything special, and it didn't compare with mine. My friends would try mine and say this is great, but why doesn't it look like their stuff? I'd say because I grow from seed and outdoors, and its from my own seeds, not clones. They'd ask, what strain is it, I'd say Mine! I breed for the traits and characteristics that I like. Plus, I don't shave them down when trimming like they do, since I'm not hung up on how pretty they look. I tend to keep the small frosty leaves, and just give em a nice shaping when trimming.
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

desertdan I agree 100% we must try on our side to preserve what we found from the past.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey at least you can go to a shop and buy it IMO. I have to do shady ally deals to get weed when i run out and who knows what they put on their plants. I cant comment on quality or what not from dispensaries but feel it has more to do with the grower rather than the clones. All clones i have grown have been just as good as the original, granted i have never kept a mother for extended periods. Maybe im just jealous tho, im out and refusing to go support the local cartels as i despise the violence that they bring. Just flipped to 12/12 a week ago so i got a while and i'll probably break down and have to see my plug...That said, the way California has handled legal weed has been really shitty with regulations and such making the weed super expensive therefore actually giving people a reason to turn to the black market.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X