Winter 2020-21 Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter 2020-21 Grow

Hi everyone, been awhile since I posted. Hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to make a post about my upcoming (indoor) winter grow season and encourage others to join the conversation by posting questions or updates about your indoor grow that you will harvest during winter or spring 2020.

This is my 3rd winter growing. I am up to 4 different growspaces totalling about 70 sq ft and working with the following genetics:
    • Mokum's Tulip by Dutch Passion
    • Purple Punch by Barney's Farm
    • Super Silver Haze by GSC
    • Critical Cure CBD by Dinafem
    • Critical by RQS
    Sticking with what worked well last year:
    • 65/35 coco/perlite mix in air or fabric pots
    • 2 tents with DIY quantum boards lights
    • 2 tents with CMH
    • Megacrop only during veg
    • Megacrop and Sweey Candy during flower
    • T5 lighting during clone/seedling
    I can update this post with additional details about my setup if anyone stops by with questions.
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Welcome back or nice to meet you, I'm fairly new here so we've never met. I stuck some seeds in the soil on 7/21 which I switched to 12s on 9/9 with the hopes I can have it cured for Christmas. They're coming along pretty much on time showing some good potential and almost ready for their final defoliation but as anyone that's been around very long at all knows there's no guarantees when it comes to these girls, yes I'm still talking about plants lol. I snapped these pics this morning as they woke from their slumber. I look forward to your updates and pics, again welcome back we'll see you around again soon 🌲😎
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking really good. Sounds like a very Merry Christmas indeed. Keep the updates coming

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Your leaves all seem so...organized. I'm looking at mine like I do a messy desk - sign of creativity, lol. Indica leaves just look less tidy...

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello mama. I was just reading your journal and looking at your pics and trust me for a second grow you got this. My second hell my third time was not nearly as organized as yours they're very nice by the way. This is my 5th try inside that is and I did a manifold on four in the middle well it's three in the middle lost one found out she was a he . That's why they look kinda organized they're actually a bad example of a manifold lol. Thanks for the compliment be safe and good luck

Here is a picture of my Purple Punch by Barney's Farms This is the 3rd one of these I've grown. Mine have not been huge yielders. But they are the most potent strain I've ever had. Grown or bought. Good growing to you !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      looking happy and healthy for sure. a couple weeks into flower at this point?

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      Showed first tiny buds 12 days ago. I just finished taking down number two of these. I take them down in stages. I started harvesting after 8 weeks in flower.

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      definitely looking good for that early into flower. Would be nice to see more updates so please feel free to stick around/join the thread

Hello ocgreen welcome back to the show it's been a wild summer, but things are looking up for the Oregonians yeah for the rain you are growing my favorite purple punch good to see. I'll be watching for your posts.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey SoOrbudgal That's right --- growing the purple punch based on how popular it is on here. I think you specifically mentioned it as a good one for sleep. where are you guys posting your updates these days? I guess you must be inching closer and closer to harvest at this point.

Yes we find it very soothing like a good red wine honestly which soon we will be going to the local harvest of the grapes. Well long story so won't go into summer grow issues now that we got rain all is good. My plants are under canopy and in small green house, i probley have 3wks on some and another 4-5wks on others so it's still a long road and lots of close care now with the humidity picking up. I have no journal just the time to show your grow or auto flower challenges. Anyhow all is good, take care and you'll be seeing harvest soon of outdoors.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hello and welcome back. I don't believe we've met yet so nice to meet you. Your square footage got me curious about how much space I actually have to work with. Added it all together and to my surprise it came to 108 sq ft between 5 tents! Was at 100 sq ft up until a few days ago when I set up my new 2x4x5' tent. I know it's hard to see anything under the blurple lights but most of them are healthy, and the rest are coming back around. The big tent (8x8x7') is looking a little light because I've recently cut down 6 or 7 ladies in the last week or 2. Trying to get my cycles going smoothly and I'm starting to get there. My goal is to be able to harvest about 12-14 plants every 4-5 weeks. I'm giving them about 10 weeks total for veg, including developing roots on my clones. I'm in the process of transplanting the ladies in the 4x4s to their final pots so there seems to be extra room in them, but it's all just an illusion because the tents will be full once I do. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures.

Picture descriptions:
      Pictures 1 and 4 are the 4x4s.
      Have my next girls up for flower in them. Also, in one I have a few autoflowers going. The 2 almost done are Amnesia autos. The one on the hydro tote is a Cheese XXL auto for the autoflower contest. And the one in the hydro setup is a Pineapple Glue auto.

Picture 2 is my 2x2x4 mother tent with 9 strains going. Strains are: GG#4, Blue Dream, Lemon Cookies, TK91, Girl Scout Cookies, Cali Bay Dream, Gorilla Blue, Critical Orange Punch, and Str8 Lemonade.

Picture 3 is my 2x4x5' tent (my newest tent) for seedlings and clones. 15 clones in there this time and 2x Blueberry autos (almost done). Nothing exciting really in there except the autos.

And pictures 5 and 6 are my 8x8 tent for flower. On one half, they are almost done (multiple strains). The other half is about 4 weeks into flower (White Widow). Not expecting the greatest yields from the White Widow, but my yields will increase as my cycles get into their rhythm.

More to come!
      Attached Files

Comment

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Quite the indoor jungle you have going in there. I like the perpetual harvest setup. Should make for some regular and interesting updates

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. It's definitely been fun. I haven't been posting many updates lately but I'm about due for one.

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Well feel free to use this thread as a place to post. I think it's nice when a bunch of folks working towards similar harvest window have a single place to share updates and tips.

Welcome back! I too am new here working on my first grow of I-dont-know! I’m guessing from what I’ve learned I have about 4-6 weeks to go but we will see.1st grow. 2nd tent iteration. 2nd exhaust iteration. 3rd light iteration (with 4th coming in next week to bring us home). I bet y’all miss those days where you had trial by fire 😆😆😆

Here’s some pictures from a few days ago. I’m trying not to get so picture happy. Not sure if this is bad form but I’ve named them just so I know which is which later: Goldilocks (sugar is kind of yellow/gold), Snow White (little bit of purple and white), and Sleeping Beauty (planted late, always was much smaller but caught up in flower).

Throwing another batch right back in once we harvest. Have some autos that I’m excited about growing! Got a slew of them from Seedsman but I think I’m gonna start with the OG Kush and Blueberry and hopefully get some crazy purples with the cooler temperatures. Crap I got longwinded again.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        I have Iris, Katelin, Ariadne and Beatrix

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job here. Nice fat colas. Kind of fun it's a mystery grow

My winter plan is to run some Santa Marta Colombian Gold, make seed with them, and maybe a cross or 2 from them. But it wont start until the temps drop so I need the heat in the house.
      A pile of Super Skunk Kush picked yesterday.

Comment

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Rwise glad to see you're still growing strong. Bad dad joke intended. What are you planning to name your future crosses?

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Your pile looks like you blanked out a poop emoji and replaced it with weed. Excellent artistic expression

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        ocgreen I will have to grow some first, until then they are just hybrids.
        AccidentalGardener Thanx, thats just how it fit on the tray to bring it in, I almost had to make 2 trips.

Nice to meet you!
      It's feral, but it's mine and it's from scratch, lol. Planning a Thanksgiving harvest. Best original thought I had all year. Bet those Mayflower folks could have used some good weed right about the time they cooked up the first turkey.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cue up Neal Pert's version of it - solo on his awesome drum kit.

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Buffet at a strip club you say. What exactly were you feasting on man? 🤣

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Lol, The Penthouse is closed on Sundays. Some of the bartenders were also music artists. Common place to shoot music videos. Had food brought in.

2 purple punch and 2 SSH. I was going to, you know, keep track of who is who... but then i got high

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_200130_resize_93.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	452725
      Up next:

Comment

lmao You're certainly not the first to do that. Let's get Eliot Pryor in here and maybe he can help positively identify the Purple Punch as he's been staring at it for a while.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin you are right I been staring at Purple Punch from Barney's Farms for a while and loving it !! The latest one is 19 days in flower. As far as identifying ocgreen 's plants goes I'm thinking the 2 on the right. I've noticed on the ones I've grown that the leaves have thinner fingers than you would expect on an Indica strain. Also the first one I grew had some 13 fingered leaves but I haven't seen more than 9 on the next ones. Seems like each one has been a little different as how they have grown. The buds aren't huge but they are like dense balls of sugar. I let every little flower grow to completion because each of them is so dense and potent. Have a great grow !!
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

Trained and tpped these girls too early and dealing with just a mess of overly tight nodes on nodes.

Some great lessons learned for next round and i think I figured out who's who: 2 SSH on the right and 2 PP on the left. I say this because the ones on the right are the exact same as 2 SSH I actually labelled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201009_204919_resize_73.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	458065

How's your grow going?
          Up next:

Comment

They're coming along switched to 12s on 9/9 these are from 4 or 5 days ago
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking really good so far. Great job training and lollipopping! 👏

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Really putting on the weight

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah my light only shines down about that far so everything lower than that ends up being about the size of a pencil eraser and once dry takes a dozen of em to fill a bowl lol not worth trimming them

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X