Firefly 2+, your thoughts?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly 2+, your thoughts?!

A friend loaned me one to try out, now all charged up and ready. My question for all y'all that have used these is how does it stack up against others? I kinda like the airizer 2 myself, but dont yet have one.
    What I dont like on this unit is it takes an app on your phone to set the temps (app may not be available), the bowl seems a bit small, and the air flow also. (compared to the airizer 2).
    edit Another thing I dont care for is the magnetic lid./edit
    So tell me about these!
    Last edited by Rwise; 09-17-2020, 06:29 AM.

I can only tell you it was smooth and from what I could see of the app it was simple and pretty much was just to adj the temp of the burner it was literally just a slide bar not sure why they couldn't have just put a dial on the side of it. My buddy let me to try it in Hope I could actually enjoy smoking again but it made me sick just like smoking does. I'm on some drugs for my heart and other shit that for what ever reason smoking or drinking makes me feel sick or should say sicker so I'm unable to enjoy it anymore. Stupid doctor ="the sick feeling will probably go away in time" in time for what in time for me to die lol. All that unnecessary BS aside I liked the vape from it it definitely tasted good
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

So far, yes the taste is nice and smooth as well loaded with BB3, a bit restrictive on the draw through it (I dont like that!), and looks like it will be a nightmare to clean. It does heat fast, the LED blinks twice then is on and ready to go in about 3 seconds (full battery). I'll run this load and another, maybe the SMCG and see what a pungent strain tastes like with this device. Then let the GF try it out, we both have interest.
      So do you think its the weed or an interaction with the meds? I certainly know folks that are allergic to MJ.

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure I think I might have become somewhat allergic because when I spend alot of time in there trimming I'll get itchy close to a rash on my arms. It could be the DE though because I keep a good coat of powder in there because I'm trying live soil for the first time and it's my understanding that you can't let the soil get all the way dry and I don't know if I'm farming MJ or gnats lol

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Gnats are hell here, I cannot keep them under control inside, outside they dont seem to be much of an issue.
        As for the DE as long as its food grade you should be fine, maybe try some on a spot to see. Myself, I find DE to be not effective, once its wet it doesn't do anything. River sand, a layer of perlite (perlite kills worms if you use them) may well be more effective.

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to use sand but I dry top dress now I water with potassium silicate, aloe which is supposed to help. DE does stop working when wet but once it dries it works again but you wet it again so doesn't ever stay dry. The little bastards are just a pain and as long as I don't ignore them only a couple survive long enough to get stuck in the yellow goo strip

Short battery life, it didn;t even play though 2 bowls.
      I can say I am glad I did not spend $300+ bucks to try this thing! Flavor is great, but it is just not going to keep up with me!

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, my old Arizer Air will go 5-6 full bowls on a charge and I get about 10-12 hits per bowl usually. If you want pocket friendly the Air 2 is nice and another I haven't tried it but think it would be great is the ArGo. Still portable but maybe not as pocketable is the Solo 2. The Solo 2 is the one I would get if I was using it mostly around the house, maybe taking it on the go but not on foot. The V Tower and Extreme Q are great for more stationary vaping although I fill bags with the Q and walk around. These are the way to go if the other vapes are too restrictive, they have built in fans and can pump out a continuous stream of vapor.

dphipps1020 recently bought a Pax 3 but it might not even be in yet. I hear good things about them too.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya its potable alright, take the USB cord with you!

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did get my Pax 3 in, very fast delivery. Works pretty good I must say. Definitely will have to get used to it but I like it so far. I don't have anything else to compare it to because it's my first dry herb vape. I can say that I get good pulls off it and the battery lasts a while. Completely adjustable with the phone or web apps so you can dial in the perfect temp for you. Not sure exactly how many sessions I can do in a single charge because I charge it every night while I sleep so it never dies. Says the chamber holds about .3g which seems about right, although I haven't weighed what I put in. I usually hit it a few times and turn it off to save the rest and come back later. I definitely would recommend at least a look at it.

Pardon my ignorance but what's a Firefly 2+?
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

BTW where's alltatup ? She knows a lot about vaping and products.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        FunkyButtLovin I'm lurking about. My Firefly 2+ is sitting in the drawer and I'm using my Arizer Solo II all the time currently... I agree w/ Rwise the bowl is very small.

It seems to be taking longer to charge back up this time, can the battery become programmed on these by dropping it on the charger between hits? I ran it down to the drop out point twice, if they can become programmed, maybe I changed it back. This is not a new device.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know anything about that device, mine is more old school style, 2 up/down directional buttons with four or five preset temp settings to toggle through.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the one you had, In am kinda comparing this one to it.

By the way everyone, if you're vaping dry herb you can save the vaped bud and use it for edibles. There's still some good stuff left in there if you eat it, no good for smoking.

Comment

I am still looking at the Arizer. And if dphipps1020 says the Pax 3 is decent, I'm gonna think about that one, too. I tried a dry herb vape only once back in the Ago. During a Seahawks/49ers playoff game. Was a close one. Had to wait to drive home, lol.
        Will wait for review on the Pax 3 from Dphipps before discussing this year's behavior with Santa. "I can explain."

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I posted my review above. Forgot to mention it's a good portable size too, and fits well in my hand and pocket.

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          You might come back with a con. Did you get the kit? The oven-thing? I really don't want it to be smoke. After this terrible summer, I'm even off bacon. Ready to rip a filter off my kid's Camel and use it for a snorkel, lol.

Well we once had that da budda thing from Colorado i believe is where it was made? Had a dial for heat sat on the table and had a long whip hose. I got tired of having to clean it out every other time smoking it. I know relatives have the pax 2 really liked it.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X