Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys! My plant has some spots on its leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Hey guys! My plant has some spots on its leaves.

Well I've had some issues with this plant cause I am a first time grower, everything was looking fine lately but the leaves are showing some spots. I don't know if it's nutrients or a ph issue, I measured the PH and it seems to be around 7. I've sprinkled my plant with some diatomaceous earth to avoid pests, that's the white residue on some leaves. I may try to water my plant with a teaspoon of apple vinegar to regulate the PH. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

I'm not sure if it's just the lighting but the leaves appear to be an unnatural dark green. Maybe dial back the nitrogen a tick or two?

Comment

• Marcomposition
      Marcomposition commented
      Editing a comment
      My plant is outdoors and it's flowering atm. Maybe it is the nitrogen bro, thank you. I hope I don't have to flush it by now

Curling and dark green..... nitrogen burn? Wind burn possible on the dark color and curling?

Comment

• Marcomposition
      Marcomposition commented
      Editing a comment
      I added some urea to my mix, thought it would help a bit of nitrogen. My plant is flowering atm. Don't know if I should start flushing or just leave it be and stop the fertilizers, I am also using a bloom booster, "flower fuel"

Hey Marcomposition . Don't do vinegar for pH. It's a temporary solution. The pH is only lowered for an hour or so. Stop with the nitrogen. It looks like you're toxic. And you don't need much during flowering. Bookmark the following link. It's golden for new and old growers.

Don't worry about the spots you are showing. They are old enough to be completely dead and probably crunchy. Look all over your plant for spots that seem newer. Not so brown as the ones you have. Since you're outdoors, you may have or might have had a few bugs in the picture. Nothing you can do about the dead. Keep an eye out for other issues that are happening.

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Marcomposition
      Marcomposition commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you bro! I was waiting for a response before I did it. I have been looking for bugs everyday and I could say I am being super preventive using different tactics. Now I need to find a better way to regulate PH, any tips? Also should I flush my plant? or just keep watering it normally without any nitrogen?

The popular product around here is pH Down by General Hydroponics. It can also be temporary, but 24 hours temporary. However, if you don't have any obvious signs of current pH issues (check the link) then don't do anything to your water. If your plants have been otherwise healthy, up to this point, don't change the water. Work on the nitrogen. Check to see how much N is in your flowering solution. Flushing is nothing more than watering and is never a bad thing unless you overwater. If you don't already, pH your nutes after everything gets mixed together.

People talk about checking runoff pH. I don't know about it but someone will probably speak up.

A good, quick way to check for things like caterpillars and leaf hoppers and such is to leave your plant on concrete. Leave it for, maybe, half an hour so there is no or minimal breeze and it doesn't get knocked into. Gently tip the plant to about 45° and give it a good shake. If you have caterpillars, some will fall and you can see them on the concrete. Leaf hoppers and jumpers and fliers will make for the sky. This isn't for mites and aphids and the smaller of Satan's house pets.

Here's another link about pH and how it effects nutrient uptake.
    Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

For PH buffering in your soil I use pelleted sulfur and pelleted dolomite lime. The plant will use these natural ingredients to buffer the PH to what it wants.
      I have read that unsulfured black strap molasses 3 tablespoons per gallon of water will reduce Nitrogen in the soil.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X